Christmas Cruise special attire night?

feenix

We are sailing on Oasis for Christmas this year, and I am wondering if anyone knows whether they announce to wear ugly sweaters or some other sort of holiday outfit for a certain dinner. Any information on this is appreciated. Thanks!

I've been on a few Christmas cruises and they do have an ugly sweater contest.  I think it was the night they do Christmas caroling.  The big dinner is on Christmas Eve and I definitely saw more families dressed up.  On Christmas morning the main dining room is PACKED and lots of matching pjs.  

Good question! I’ll be on Harmony for Christmas. I believe one of the  “dress your best” nights is typically on day 3. However Christmas is on day 2. So do they ever change “dress your best” to coincide with a big holiday like Christmas? Or any tips on how people dress for Christmas? 

11 minutes ago, laura85 said:

Good question! I’ll be on Harmony for Christmas. I believe one of the  “dress your best” nights is typically on day 3. However Christmas is on day 2. So do they ever change “dress your best” to coincide with a big holiday like Christmas? Or any tips on how people dress for Christmas? 

They change the formal nights (dress your best) all the time on the Holiday sailings

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They change the formal nights (dress your best) all the time on the Holiday sailings

...and New Years Eve cruises are interesting too.  Back on New Years Eve 2017 on the Liberty out of Galveston, embarkation day was New Years Eve.  The first night MDR menu had all the top entrees...  lobster, tenderloin, lamb chops, etc... it was amazing.   Kind of made the follow-up "formal" nights a bit less special to be honest.  🤣  We've done a couple of Christmas cruises now and love them.  We do a full Christmas celebration at home the Sunday before our cruise, with church, presents, etc...  and then get what feels like a 2nd Christmas around a week later on the cruise.  Just love it.

14 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

...and New Years Eve cruises are interesting too.  Back on New Years Eve 2017 on the Liberty out of Galveston, embarkation day was New Years Eve.  The first night MDR menu had all the top entrees...  lobster, tenderloin, lamb chops, etc... it was amazing.   Kind of made the follow-up "formal" nights a bit less special to be honest.  🤣  We've done a couple of Christmas cruises now and love them.  We do a full Christmas celebration at home the Sunday before our cruise, with church, presents, etc...  and then get what feels like a 2nd Christmas around a week later on the cruise.  Just love it.

I board the Odyssey Dec 31 this year.  Nearly every year for the past 12 years we've done Christmas or NY...love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laura85 said:

I would expect formal ("dress your best") on that sailing to be night 2 and 6.

2 hours ago, laura85 said:

Ok thanks for the info everyone! Makes sense to make the fancy night on Christmas 👍

On most (never say all) cruises the first formal night is usually the first sea day, assuming a sea day on day 2 or 3.