No More Dreamworks?

laura85

On a past cruise I remember parades with Dreamworks characters, and even a special chocolate breakfast with Dreamworks characters. 

Is this a thing of the past? Has it been replaced with anything similar? 

Edited by laura85
Title

• laura85 changed the title to No More Dreamworks?
Just now, laura85 said:

On a past cruise I remember parades with Dreamworks characters, and even a special chocolate breakfast with Dreamworks characters. 

Is this a thing of the past? Has it been replaced with anything similar? 

Long gone. I believe the contract expired without renewal. There is still a parade, but it celebrates the nationalities of the crew and the various departments on board.

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Long gone. I believe the contract expired without renewal. There is still a parade, but it celebrates the nationalities of the crew and the various departments on board.

On at least one ship, it's pirate themed at least for part of it.  Jordan Bauthwho is a ice skater has posted videos of herself in parades.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

The same as no more Broadway shows on new ships. Cost cutting RCI doesn’t want to pay any licensing fees anymore.

Wait, what? How did I miss this news! So is there a Headline show, and what are they doing for it? Musical acts? And will the ships with Broadway shows stop them once the contracts run out?

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

And will the ships with Broadway shows stop them once the contracts run out?

Nothing has been announced as to where or not contracts will be extended or not.  Nothing but speculation at this point.  I can't recall which ship would be the first to have it's contract come to an end but that will be an indication of Royal's path forward.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing has been announced as to where or not contracts will be extended or not.  Nothing but speculation at this point.  I can't recall which ship would be the first to have it's contract come to an end but that will be an indication of Royal's path forward.

It sure wouldn't break my heart (and from what I've read in here, lots of other folks think so too) if they put CATS down, it's inhumane to keep that thing alive.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 7:37 AM, HicksRA said:

Dream works was discontinued about 4 years ago. 

Ok thanks for the info! Truthfully, I don’t think my kids will be all that disappointed. Plenty of other things to keep them entertained on Harmony! 

• Like 1