Really big sailboat in Seattle

Sea Hag

We arrived back in Seattle last Sunday, 9/24. There was a really big grey sailboat docked there. Biggest we've ever seen. I tried to find out what it was through Internet searches but couldn't. We couldn't see a name or any identifiers on it.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We arrived back in Seattle last Sunday, 9/24. There was a really big grey sailboat docked there. Biggest we've ever seen. I tried to find out what it was through Internet searches but couldn't. We couldn't see a name or any identifiers on it.

Was it a single masted one? If so I think it was the yacht M5-- shes actually still there apparently. She's the largest single masted sailing yacht but by no means the largest sailing yacht. 

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/editorial-features/sailing-yacht-m5

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

Was it a single masted one? If so I think it was the yacht M5-- shes actually still there apparently. She's the largest single masted sailing yacht but by no means the largest sailing yacht. 

https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/editorial-features/sailing-yacht-m5

Yep! That's it. Amazing thing, and yes one enormous mast. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Next time try Marinetraffic.com.  Last year I was on a HAL Sea of Cortez cruise, and saw a very distinctive mega yacht in the Cabo marina.  Who dat ?  I looked up Marinetraffic.com, found the marina, and located the yacht where it was docked. It belonged to Dan Snyder, former owner of the Washington Football Club (nee Redskins, now Commanders).    

If you look at Marinetraffic now, it has the M5 still docked in Smith Cove. What a beautiful, and graceful sailing yacht.   

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Next time try Marinetraffic.com.  Last year I was on a HAL Sea of Cortez cruise, and saw a very distinctive mega yacht in the Cabo marina.  Who dat ?  I looked up Marinetraffic.com, found the marina, and located the yacht where it was docked. It belonged to Dan Snyder, former owner of the Washington Football Club (nee Redskins, now Commanders).    

If you look at Marinetraffic now, it has the M5 still docked in Smith Cove. What a beautiful, and graceful sailing yacht.   

Good to know! Thanks. 😃

• 2 weeks later...