Impossible to add AI for solo passenger?

KKB

I booked a solo cruise for next summer.

When I booked, it shows an insane rate for AI...basically appears to charge for 2 people.

When I called the CS rep said that is what I would have to pay to add AI.

This seems insane to me that I cannot add AI for just me since I am traveling solo.

Anyone have experience with this? (seeing double AI for solo but being able to add it when calling?)

Thanks

1 hour ago, KKB said:

When I booked, it shows an insane rate for AI...basically appears to charge for 2 people.

This seems insane to me that I cannot add AI for just me since I am traveling solo.

Anyone have experience with this? (seeing double AI for solo but being able to add it when calling?)

Thanks

From past experience as a solo, it was more cost effective to just purchase beverage package and wifi individually when on board. You should be able to add the gratuities beforehand, but if not, again, pay on board.

• Like 2

I also booked a solo for next summer in SS veranda on an E-class.  I took the cruise only option with refundable deposit, as the AI was over $2500 more, plus almost $700 to make it refundable. Makes zero sense to do that when Premium Drink pkg is about $650ish and WIFI is $180ish for the week. 

My plan is to wait to add beverage and WIFI during the hopeful black Friday sale and save even more!!!

Edited by Tyler414
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

When booking with a TA that price is adjusted (at least it was 3 times for me). It is a glitch on the Celebrity site.

That's what I figured but the Celebrity rep couldn't see to override it.

17 hours ago, KKB said:

Thanks

Totally agree. I have had experience of this. It is blatant discrimination against solo travellers.  The executive office gave me a load of waffle when challenged, as usual.  

• Like 1

I am a frequent solo sailor and it is so frustrating having to always pay double occupancy.  One way around it is to sail E class in a solo IV. Right now I am patiently waiting for the current promotion to expire to see if they might have a single supplement promo. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 8:02 PM, KKB said:

Thanks

Well I checked today. Look how much a solo now has to pay for what is only WiFi and drinks now. Disgusting. 

IMG_1375.jpeg

Purchase the lower price. Then once you are booked, you can book drinks and wifi (usually at a cheaper price).  I went through this with Celebrity and my TA. It is a glitch in their reservation system that they cannot seem to fix. 

On 9/29/2023 at 12:02 PM, KKB said:

Thanks

You have plenty of time wait for one of the many flash sales

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iandjm said:

Well I checked today. Look how much a solo now has to pay for what is only WiFi and drinks now. Disgusting. 

IMG_1375.jpeg

I booked the cruise rate only in a situation like this, It will be half that to add premium drinks and premium WIFI and even less when a flash sale happens....