Guessy, Guessy, When's the Dressy?

POA1

We are a 9 day Southern Caribbean sailing at the end of March. After departing (beautiful) Fort Lauderdale, we have 2 sea days before we have our first port stop in Aruba. Would you expect the first formal fornal-gala-dressy night to be on the first sea day or the second?

And, because we've had the term "dressy" for a few years now, I am pretty sure that there is a high level committee, holding meetings even as you read this, trying to figure out what to call the more festive evenings.

Having written that, I'm thinking that they're going to choose Festive Nights. (Festnacht in certain European ports.)

Deep down, I'd like them to combine all the previous terms, in the order they were used and call them Fogassy Nights. 😁

Edited by POA1
  • Haha 7

• POA1 changed the title to Guessy, Guessy, When's the Dressy?
17 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We are a 9 day Southern Caribbean sailing at the end of March. After departing (beautiful) Fort Lauderdale, we have 2 sea days before we have our first port stop in Aruba. Would you expect the first formal fornal-gala-dressy night to be on the first sea day or the second?

Absolutely.  I would bet on it 😉 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, C 2 C said:

On Zuiderdam voyage last week, fewer than 10% of men even bothered with a long sleeved shirt let alone a jacket.

It was a bit tougher to wear a jacket on our last Mediterranean cruise, as it was quite warm and humid in areas of the ship. I admit I ditched my jacket at least once that cruise for temperature control reasons.

What about a 2-week Caribbean cruise that is not a B-2-B? We have three sea days. Will all three be Fogassy nights? The third one is not the last night. And if so, they would be silver, gold, and...? 

One of the sea days is Mardis Gras. Might the ship do something special for that?