What can we do in Curacao?

Cruisingirl2012

We will be docked in Curacao from 1pm to 9pm.   Will there be tours available at port?  We did not book excursion for this stop through Cruise Ship.  Hoping to walk around, shop and visit but would be nice to do like a 1hr or 2hr tour of the town.  What are your recommendations?

We picked up Irie Tours at the dock but it’s because we’ve been there several times before and couldn’t decide what we wanted to do this time.  Previously we’ve gone snorkeling but not this time.  We did the city tour and enjoyed it. 

You might want to Google the company and see if they have anything that might interest you and if so, ask if they will be at the dock or if you have to reserve. 

I don’t know how to attach a link to the company, sorry. 

IMG_9237.jpeg

• Like 1

We did a free walking tour through https://www.freewalkingtourscuracao.com/

our guide was Rayay and he did a fantastic job telling and showing us the history of the island.  We had been to Curaçao previously and did a ship sponsored excursion.  This time we actually felt like we got to know the island.  We started just outside the fort near where the ship docked, and walked through the neighborhood area before winding our way across the bridge to the shopping area where we finished the tour on a lovely rooftop terrace.  

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, Parkhopper said:

our guide was Rayay and he did a fantastic job telling and showing us the history of the island.  We had been to Curaçao previously and did a ship sponsored excursion.  This time we actually felt like we got to know the island.  We started just outside the fort near where the ship docked, and walked through the neighborhood area before winding our way across the bridge to the shopping area where we finished the tour on a lovely rooftop terrace.  

thank you. I just signed up.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, Parkhopper said:

Is this walking tour meeting place near the port or where the ship docks?

Cheers

Len

The walking tour is awesome. Our guide was awesome. We got to eat and drink walking around Willemsted learning all about the city. After it's over you can go to many of the sweet little family bars before you get back on the ship. I highly recommend this tour. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, Parkhopper said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  We have signed up for this tour next week,

Four of us booked with Gone Caribe for a 5 hour tour.  Joey, our guide, was wonderful.  We had been to Curacao before but he took us places we had not seen but was also very flexible with what we wanted. He was very knowledgeable about the history of the island and kept us entertained with his stories.  I highly recommend Gone Caribe for anyone looking for a tour in Curacao.

On 10/3/2023 at 2:21 PM, canadianbear said:

We picked up Irie Tours at the dock but it’s because we’ve been there several times before and couldn’t decide what we wanted to do this time.  Previously we’ve gone snorkeling but not this time.  We did the city tour and enjoyed it. 

You might want to Google the company and see if they have anything that might interest you and if so, ask if they will be at the dock or if you have to reserve. 

I don’t know how to attach a link to the company, sorry. 

IMG_9237.jpeg

Do all of their tours pick up at the port? I'm interested in the one that does caves, turtles, and beaches but was not sure where you pick it up. 

34 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do all of their tours pick up at the port? I'm interested in the one that does caves, turtles, and beaches but was not sure where you pick it up. 

As far as I know they do.  You could check out their website and ask.  Some sell out like the one you describe.  

On 3/1/2024 at 11:54 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We did that tour and we were instructed to meet them at the merch tents at the port.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:51 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! How was the tour?

It was fun. Lots of neat stuff to see. Snorkeling with the turtles was the highlight. Point of advice though, don't plan on getting food or drinks at cas abao. You can, but the line to get either was 45 minutes. I talked to the driver about it and he said its regularly like that. Also, take water shoes. the beaches are all rocky out in the water. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:32 PM, Parkhopper said:

Thanks again for the recommendation.

We also had Rayay and he was a great guide.  The pace is gentle which is great when it is hot.  Instead of finishing on a roof terrace, we finished up in a bar/restaurant on the waterfront arches.

Rayay also gave us great advice about what to do next once the tour had finished.