Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

Another data point - as of 8:00am today at least three (that I know of) Fortune 100 companies have notified their most senior management C suite officers that they are not to travel to the Middle East right now (the reason for this is because any sudden and unexpected change in corporate management could affect the stock price)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, loriva said:

It is true you can deviate and make initial airline preferences (sometimes at a significant cost increase from the included air price).

What you cannot do if you booked air through Regent is rebook air when a situation occurs.  We had this happen last year when Hurricane Ian closed our return airport.  Although there were seats available on earlier flights, we had to wait three days--at our expense for lodging, meals, and transportation to the airport--for Regent-rescheduled flights.  The concierge onboard Splendor explained it was because Regent did not have any seats contracted/had run out of contracted seats on the earlier flights.  We had no personal choice on the rescheduled flights.

We feel for all of the people involved, both on the ground and those scrambling for alternatives.

Did your Travel Insurance reimburse you for expenses incurred for the 3 day delay getting home?  

Edited by papaflamingo

12 hours ago, stanleyheller said:

PLEASE NOTE: From the U.S. State Department - today!!!

Egypt “RECONSIDER TRAVEL TO EGYPT DUE TO TERRORISM”

I am not doubting the risks of travelling to Egypt (which have existed for some time), but for clarity, the US warning is a Level 3 “Reconsider” warning but not a Level 4 “Do Not Travel” warning.  For many trip cancellation policies, it takes a Level 4 Do Not Travel warning before you can claim trip cancellation.  Not sure if the cruise lines use the same criteria for rerouting a cruise itinerary, but perhaps Regent is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunprince said:

I am not doubting the risks of travelling to Egypt (which have existed for some time), but for clarity, the US warning is a Level 3 “Reconsider” warning but not a Level 4 “Do Not Travel” warning.  For many trip cancellation policies, it takes a Level 4 Do Not Travel warning before you can claim trip cancellation.  Not sure if the cruise lines use the same criteria for rerouting a cruise itinerary, but perhaps Regent is?

Don’t several Mexican riviera cities have similar warnings from US State? Cruiselines continue to have port calls to Acapulco for example…..

• Like 3

I have been told by the air department I am being placed on an economy flight. Yesterday RSSC showed me booked in Business Class. Then by the end of the day they had taken my first class booking away.

I was just told by the air department that no supervisor will speak to me about the rude agent yesterday. I was told that she will call me in a few days. We are suppose to be on the cruise in a few days. The worst customer service ever.

This is a nightmare. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, melbox4 said:

I have been told by the air department I am being placed on an economy flight. Yesterday RSSC showed me booked in Business Class. Then by the end of the day they had taken my first class booking away.

I was just told by the air department that no supervisor will speak to me about the rude agent yesterday. I was told that she will call me in a few days. We are suppose to be on the cruise in a few days. The worst customer service ever.

This is a nightmare. 

You were in Business or First Class?

58 minutes ago, melbox4 said:

This is a nightmare. 

Agree.  My TA working on this used to work at SS for Mrs. Conroy.  So he has quite a bit of experience.  He said when he had an issue with regent he could call Mark.  He said while he sympathizes with the issue regent is dealing with, they have really dropped the ball.  Just a simple call to him or me could have solved the issue.  He is working his way up the supervisor chain now, but frankly time is running out.  

Edited by Texasrocks

19 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Agree.  My TA working on this used to work at SS for Mrs. Conroy.  So he has quite a bit of experience.  He said when he had an issue with regent he could call Mark.  He said while he sympathizes with the issue regent is dealing with, they have really dropped the ball.  Just a simple call to him or me could have solved the issue.  He is working his way up the supervisor chain now, but frankly time is running out.  

My TA was able to get our flight changed back to Business. So I give a high five to RSSC for correcting the downgrade.

I am still hoping they choose to reroute, refund or provide a credit. I understand that this is a nightmare situation for RSSC. However the American custom/saying  "customer comes first" should always be remembered. The rudness yesterday was not good customer service.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roninman said:

It's also a nightmare situation for Celebrity et al  😉

What earns loyalty is how a firm *reacts* to nightmare situations...

I disagree. This is a nightmare situation for Israel. This is a logistical challenge for the cruise lines and a First World problem for everyone else.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kathy49 said:

Good point above regarding Egypt....if State Dept. warning goes to level 4 cruises will not go in and much easier to claim on insurance.

Acapulco is a Level 4 Do Not Travel. Cruiselines go there all the time….

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I disagree. This is a nightmare situation for Israel. This is a logistical challenge for the cruise lines and a First World problem for everyone else.

I agree with your statement. At least from what I can find out Regent is really doing what most cruise lines that have port stops in Israel are doing…. Rerouting the port stop which has been standard policy in past.

The only ship that I found that had canceled and Refunded money was a RCL ship the had two BtoB cruises of 4  and 5 days each that embarked and debarked in Haifa. They had no choice as I can see. The others that have port stops in Israel changed the port and in some cases to Egypt. 
In my 12+ years sailing with Regent, Regent has never stopped at a port that we felt unsafe and we have sstooped at Acapulco .Ports have been canceled during the cruise because they were suddenly unsafe. There is no reason to think that they have changed their policy. After all Egypt was on the itinerary to begin with.

Edited by cwn
  • Like 1