Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

Just reviewing my FCC they gave me.  What a joke - First of all I used a FCC from the NZ cruise back in January that regent screwed up.  So, the deducted that from my "fare paid" for the calculation which reduced my new FCC to a miniscule amount.  Kind of a double dip in my option for if I would not have used the NZ FCC on this cruise but rather applied it on my future and probably final regent cruise it would I would have received more.  Also the fact that not everyone was treated the same with the regent air debacle, some such as us should have been offered more.  Our friends who booked the lowest cabin received their air 3 days before and 3 nights hotel in Istanbul whereas we who had booked the pre-cruise package arrived the night before and had no opportunity to see Istanbul and still had to pay $100 bucks for a Turkey visa.   As well stated on the SS board by @wristband :"I am sad to say, again my opinion, Regent has lost its way since it reopened and their new CEO Andrea appears lost at sea about the decline and chorus of customer complaints."

I wholeheartedly have to agree.  I am no spring chicken at 61 but still have several good years of cruising and I really don't think Regent values their customers anymore and thinks they can just replace them.  

Edited by Lonedaddy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I met you on the cruise in NZ, the night of the fireworks in Sydney, when others on the ship thought standing in front of you while you were eating was a fine idea and not at all rude! 

Back to your post,  the FCC amount, just seems off and not quite right.  I understand the math,  but it would leave a bad taste in my mouth, also.   Haha, at 61 - they need more folks in that age bracket!  

3 hours ago, irishwitchy said:

I met you on the cruise in NZ, the night of the fireworks in Sydney, when others on the ship thought standing in front of you while you were eating was a fine idea and not at all rude! 

Back to your post,  the FCC amount, just seems off and not quite right.  I understand the math,  but it would leave a bad taste in my mouth, also.   Haha, at 61 - they need more folks in that age bracket!  

You I remember that night lol always takes someone to mess up a good plan. 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:08 PM, Lonedaddy said:

Just reviewing my FCC they gave me.  What a joke - First of all I used a FCC from the NZ cruise back in January that regent screwed up.  So, the deducted that from my "fare paid" for the calculation which reduced my new FCC to a miniscule amount.  Kind of a double dip in my option for if I would not have used the NZ FCC on this cruise but rather applied it on my future and probably final regent cruise it would I would have received more.  Also the fact that not everyone was treated the same with the regent air debacle, some such as us should have been offered more.  Our friends who booked the lowest cabin received their air 3 days before and 3 nights hotel in Istanbul whereas we who had booked the pre-cruise package arrived the night before and had no opportunity to see Istanbul and still had to pay $100 bucks for a Turkey visa.   As well stated on the SS board by @wristband :"I am sad to say, again my opinion, Regent has lost its way since it reopened and their new CEO Andrea appears lost at sea about the decline and chorus of customer complaints."

I wholeheartedly have to agree.  I am no spring chicken at 61 but still have several good years of cruising and I really don't think Regent values their customers anymore and thinks they can just replace them.  

They do not value their customers. We were so excited to try Regent for the first time. It was a nightmare. We missed three ports because of Regent’s inability to reschedule us correctly. They refused to pay for our Athens hotel and transportation to meet ship. Customer service was often rude. Then there were the Regent loyalists posting that added insult to injury. We will be cruising Crystal, SilverSea or Seabourn…might try Ritz Carlton. Adios Regent! 

• 4 months later...

Please share with all members and Guests. 
Regent refused to refund over $20,000 after they diverted from Israel and Egypt. We are over 80 and just could not accept and handle.last minute change of air travel and ports.
The only refund was excursions.
I paid extra for non stop flights to Israel and return from Rome.
Fellow travelers were sympathetic and others cancelled but I do not know how they were treated.
We are not rich, on military and social security pensions. The money lost was from my wife’s IRA.
Laurence N  Johnson
Lt Col, USAF (Ret)

• Like 2

Other than "cancel for any reason" will trip insurance cover a cruise where the cruise line changed the ports of call?

Laurence, if you made your own flight accomodations have you contacted the airlines?

Sounds like a difficult situation for you.  Good Luck.

Cruise lines don't refund cruises to US guests for changing ports...only for cancelling the cruise itself. I am sorry your travel agent didn't tell you the terms of the ticket you were buying or suggest that you purchase insurance.

• Like 2

I guess I'm a bit confused on what happened - did OP cancel within the penalty phase due to the itinerary change?  I'm also guessing no trip insurance.  Not sure if there's any recourse on something like this...

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the financial hit you incurred due to your cancellation of the cruise that had to be re-routed by Regent because of issues outside of their control.

Your previous posts back in October 2023 indicated that you and your TA knew that you had no redress against the cruise line but you were confident in making an insurance claim on medical grounds. I assume that did not work out in your favour.

You are right to warn other guests to check carefully their entitlement before taking the decision to cancel.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, olga1900 said:

Thanks for comments. I had insurance and my TA has been working that for months.

Good to know you had insurance.  Unfortunately, not all policies are created equal - and we often don't find out until it's too late.  I believe there are some threads on here that reference an insurance broker that people are very happy with - I think we might try and call him for our next cruise as well.  I hope you and your TA are able to eventually get this resolved - I hate having money hanging out there...

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Question 

Did anyone on this cruise have Travel Insurance with Travel Guard and did they pay out? 
I was on the original cruise Athens to Israel that got changed to Istanbul. I made a claim for the air add collect to change my route home out of Istanbul. I was decline due to act of war, the over road the trip interruption.
This was frustrating as I was on the cruise before the war broke out this is why we buy insurance, right?  

Sarah,

I had travel quard. My TA recommended them AND Regent for me first time and both refused to pay She is still working with her contacts in the insurance complex

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, olga1900 said:

Sarah,

I had travel quard. My TA recommended them AND Regent for me first time and both refused to pay She is still working with her contacts in the insurance complex

With respect, your TA should have better explained coverage to you and you were delivered a policy that detailed coverage. This has nothing to do with Regent...they upheld their obligations under the contract. The best you can hope for is some sort of Future Cruise Credit if your TA is able to get their Regent Account Rep on board with it.

On 4/17/2024 at 9:15 AM, UUNetBill said:

Good to know you had insurance.  Unfortunately, not all policies are created equal - and we often don't find out until it's too late.  I believe there are some threads on here that reference an insurance broker that people are very happy with - I think we might try and call him for our next cruise as well.  I hope you and your TA are able to eventually get this resolved - I hate having money hanging out there...

Good luck!

I can personally attest to Steve from the TripInsuranceStore - I have written about this in other threads but I had to cancel a trip with other people and those of us who used Steve got our money refunded very quickly - others who used different vendors have not been so fortunate. Steve is unique in that he listens to his customers and only recommends products that are most beneficial to the customer, not what earns him the highest commission and if there is a problem, he goes above and beyond to obtain a satisfactory resolution. I would never book an expensive trip without first consulting with Steve to learn of my insurance options.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1