Captains Circle Question

PompeySailor

Newbie to Princess but long time cruiser

Question regarding loyalty levels 

If one person is Platinum, does the partner or SO automatically receive the same loyalty level when sailing together 

Have looked through a few pages on the PCL boards and come up blank.

TIA 

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

The priority tender & disembarkation the only two that are of any interest or of worth to us 

Well good news and bad news. The bad news is that priority tendering is an Elite benefit so you will not be able to access that perk at the Platinum level. The good news is that once you are Elite and get that benefit, in our experience they will let you and your traveling companions get off together with the priority tendering if you are all in one room. 

Just now, karatemom2 said:

Well good news and bad news. The bad news is that priority tendering is an Elite benefit so you will not be able to access that perk at the Platinum level. The good news is that once you are Elite and get that benefit, in our experience they will let you and your traveling companions get off together with the priority tendering if you are all in one room. 

Thank you very much- exactly what we needed to know 

Appreciated 👍🏻

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

The priority tender & disembarkation the only two that are of any interest or of worth to us 

Priority tender to shore service isn't available at the platinum level. Only elite level and full suites have this benefit. For final disembarkation just visit passenger services and request the time. Princess tries to clear the entire ship by 9:30/10:00. There is an early walk off where you can wheel off all your own luggage. It's available to everyone. If you have flights to catch just mention the time to passenger services.

19 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

There are times when they allow it and times when they do not.  We were recently on the Caribbean in Greenland and the allowed it in one port but not in another because that tenders were so busy in the tiny port where only one could dock at a time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

What about laundry when one passenger is Elite and another not (same cabin)?

They don't question the laundry that is being sent out, as long as the laundry slip is filled out in the name of the Elite passenger. My daughter was on the Enchanted Princess last month for her honeymoon. Thanks to our many cruises with Princess since she was a little girl, she is Elite but her husband is not. They sent out laundry throughout their two week cruise that contained both of their clothes and no one questioned it at all. She did get some funny looks when they used her Elite benefits other places, like for tendering, wine tasting and the Elite lounge. She felt like people didn't really believe she could be Elite because she is so young. She would just explain that she was a lucky girl who was raised on Princess cruises!

• Like 4

Just now, PompeySailor said:

Laundry doesn’t interest me one bit

We don’t go on vacation to do housework 😎

Well that's the point though - you aren't doing it. It is being done for you. Picked up, washed, pressed and delivered back fresh and clean on a hanger. Now I don't consider that housework - in fact I would love that service at home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, karatemom2 said:

Well that's the point though - you aren't doing it. It is being done for you. Picked up, washed, pressed and delivered back fresh and clean on a hanger. Now I don't consider that housework - in fact I would love that service at home!

You have a valid point 😎

• Like 1

I made elite on my husband’s first cruise. We’ve had multiple cruises together before he became elite and he was never denied access to priority embarkation, priority tendering, or access to the PES lounge. If someone is in the cabin with you, it won’t be a problem. It was never a problem with my aunt, mom, or sister either, as we were sharing a cabin.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

They don't question the laundry that is being sent out, as long as the laundry slip is filled out in the name of the Elite passenger. My daughter was on the Enchanted Princess last month for her honeymoon. Thanks to our many cruises with Princess since she was a little girl, she is Elite but her husband is not. They sent out laundry throughout their two week cruise that contained both of their clothes and no one questioned it at all. She did get some funny looks when they used her Elite benefits other places, like for tendering, wine tasting and the Elite lounge. She felt like people didn't really believe she could be Elite because she is so young. She would just explain that she was a lucky girl who was raised on Princess cruises!

Thank you for your example.  I was on a cruise with my sister.  I sent out laundry from an Ocean View room (not suite).  I am elite.  I had my name and everything on the tag.  Her account was charged, not mine.  It was easily resolved and thus my question.  It was my laundry (she used the laundry room).

12 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I made elite on my husband’s first cruise. We’ve had multiple cruises together before he became elite and he was never denied access to priority embarkation, priority tendering, or access to the PES lounge. If someone is in the cabin with you, it won’t be a problem. It was never a problem with my aunt, mom, or sister either, as we were sharing a cabin.

Thank you 😊 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thank you for your example.  I was on a cruise with my sister.  I sent out laundry from an Ocean View room (not suite).  I am elite.  I had my name and everything on the tag.  Her account was charged, not mine.  It was easily resolved and thus my question.  It was my laundry (she used the laundry room).

I believe that was a simple error but in the future simply send in everything under your name and no one  should question it. 

14 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Not only that but it saves having to do as much laundry when you get back home (or so I am told😇)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Torfamm said:

There are times when they allow it and times when they do not.  We were recently on the Caribbean in Greenland and the allowed it in one port but not in another because that tenders were so busy in the tiny port where only one could dock at a time.

This is misinformation.  A couple sailing together can check-in together, go to PES "lounge", use tender priority, etc, as long as ONE of them has the requisite CC Member Level.  A couple is never required to split up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This is misinformation.  A couple sailing together can check-in together, go to PES "lounge", use tender priority, etc, as long as ONE of them has the requisite CC Member Level.  A couple is never required to split up.

Maybe the staff was misinformed, or didn’t understand the situation, but I did watch it happen. They sent them to go get tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

Maybe the staff was misinformed, or didn’t understand the situation, but I did watch it happen. They sent them to go get tickets. 

Sounds like a different issue.  The Elite benefit for tender priority doesn't mean guest can board without first getting a ticket.  I believe the "old way" of just showing up and getting in line is gone - at least for early morning when tenders are busy.  Elites get a priority ticket or meet separately and are guided down to a tender when ready for them.  I think what you saw was guest attempting to board without first checking in for a ticket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sounds like a different issue.  The Elite benefit for tender priority doesn't mean guest can board without first getting a ticket.  I believe the "old way" of just showing up and getting in line is gone - at least for early morning when tenders are busy.  Elites get a priority ticket or meet separately and are guided down to a tender when ready for them.  I think what you saw was guest attempting to board without first checking in for a ticket. 

It’s not a different issue. On this cruise Elites were given a meeting place and taken in groups to the tenders. They were requiring everyone to be elite in one of the ports because it was so small that only one tender could go at a time. As I said, the staff may have been misinformed, but they did turn one twosome away at the Elite meeting location and made them go to the regular ticket line in the piazza 

10 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

It’s not a different issue. On this cruise Elites were given a meeting place and taken in groups to the tenders. They were requiring everyone to be elite in one of the ports because it was so small that only one tender could go at a time. As I said, the staff may have been misinformed, but they did turn one twosome away at the Elite meeting location and made them go to the regular ticket line in the piazza 

Clearer now.  Just wrong is all I can say.  Hope they went to the loyalty host to mention the situation.

With Princess, there is always at least one example against the normal/expected practice.