MoveUp: Confirm I Have This Correct

Tina99

Apologies this is so wordy. Booked on Apex for Jan ‘24 as a single under a pretty good promotion (I think) for Edge Single with all-included promotion perks, total $1960.  Just received MoveUp email with very high minimums for most other cabins, completely understandable. However, Sky Suite offer is minimum $100pp with max set at $500pp. That seems to be an incredible value for the upgraded cabin, even not including AI. The FAQs clarify that I will keep my original AI perks if my bid is accepted. It seems to be a crazy-great offer.  So if my bid of, say, $200pp, ($400) is accepted, I’ll get a Sky Suite and keep my AI?

I would read the T&C carefully-

Per the FAQ -  which would mean you would be charged for 2X your bid price which may not be that good of a deal.  

You can try placing a bid and it will true it up to the full amount of the bid for 2x passengers -  You can cancel you bid at anytime before accepted.

image.thumb.png.faadb18a6d594110b7d8465a42a547c2.png

I agree you will be charged as if it is double occupancy (so 2 times the goal).  And with the exception of upper suites (which doesn't apply in your case related to a Sky Suite), you keep the AI perks and OBC you had with your original booking.

A starting bid of $100 (with a max of $500) per person for a Sky Suite seems like a very low bid to me.  Are there a lot of Sky Suites still available?  There also is likely a lot of demand for your single stateroom which might be driving down the bidding price.

wrk2cruise is correct that I did factor in the 2x and made it clear, I thought. I think you’re on to something, too, prmssk, the demand may be there for my Edge Single.  Thank you all for your input. Since the minimum is so low (even at 2x), it’s worth a shot at a beautiful SS with an actual outdoor veranda. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Tina99 said:

wrk2cruise is correct that I did factor in the 2x and made it clear, I thought. I think you’re on to something, too, prmssk, the demand may be there for my Edge Single.  Thank you all for your input. Since the minimum is so low (even at 2x), it’s worth a shot at a beautiful SS with an actual outdoor veranda. 

Hi, you had made it clear you understood the bidding process. Some Facebookers, unfortunately, don’t read everything and jump to their opinions, rather than fact. You question about AI is correct, you keep it.

There are only 6-7 suites open across all suite types on that sailing. Everything else is also nearly sold out. I would say this is an anomaly and unfortunately you have near zero chance of winning a bid. Someone else posted recently about an Aqua Sky Suites showing a minimum less than regular Aqua class. There may be some quirks in these sailings that are near capacity. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are only 6-7 suites open across all suite types on that sailing. Everything else is also nearly sold out. I would say this is an anomaly and unfortunately you have near zero chance of winning a bid. Someone else posted recently about an Aqua Sky Suites showing a minimum less than regular Aqua class. There may be some quirks in these sailings that are near capacity. 

I would agree with the quirks, I am on the Nov 20 Silhouette sailing and in a Concierge Prime cabin.  The aqua class room starts at 750pp while the aqua class suite starts at 100pp.  There are only 2 suites available on this cruise, Penthouse and one Aqua Class sky suite.   I for fun just put in for the Aqua Sky Suite at top amount max bid of 750pp.  All the other suites start at over 1k (as said none available)