Which port terminal for Azamara cruise?

ClaireHHD

Hi

i am joining the Azarama Journey cruise ship at Piraeus Port in Athens on 27.10.23 having arrived the day before. I will be travelling to the port independently and despite asking Azarama for information about which terminal the ship leaves from they refer me to the ports website which despite repeated attempts I cannot find any information on, I emailed the port but have had no reply.

does anyone have any idea how to find out which terminal I need to go to or it is easy enough to find out when I am in the taxi and arrive at the port 

Google can direct you to websites that identify where a port is, I believe I use this one: https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9200940  but the one that @beatnix suggested also works.

This is what I do when I dont know where the cruise is.  It worked for Piraeus last year to find my Azamara ship.  These instructions may be too basic if you are an experienced traveler.

1) Make sure you have cell phone service in Greece.  If you are US-based, check with your service provider.  

2) Clearly write down "AZAMARA JOURNEY CRUISE, PIRAEUS PORT" on a piece of paper.  Some drivers don't speak English but they manage to read clear writing.

3) Use one of the websites to locate where your cruise is.  You may want to show your phone to your driver.

4) Check if your day of departure is a national holiday or there is another reason to have closures.  I believe the roads in Athens were temporarily shut down when we departed due to some parades, but we found a driver who found a good route out of Athens.

5) I believe I used Uber in Athens.  Ride app services tend to have younger drivers than taxis, and younger people tend to speak English.    Get it a bit early.  

6) The above will help you communicate to the driver that you are not sure where the cruise is.

7) If new to Azamara, familiarize yourself with the colors, shape of the ship, the logo, etc.

😎 Piraeus is not that big of a port, and each time we've been there the driver has helped us find Azamara quite quickly.

Best of luck, don't worry too much, you'll get there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ClaireHHD said:

Thank you all, I have been on lots of cruises and this is the first company not to provide the terminal details. Maybe nearer the time they will. Both suggested websites will do the job perfectly 

The problem isn’t the cruise line it’s the port who in some countries only release the complete dock details just before docking. 
Some big ships can only use one dock hence why they know ahead. Azamara can go virtually anywhere so can be later but the taxis always find them! 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, uktog said:

The problem isn’t the cruise line it’s the port who in some countries only release the complete dock details just before docking. 
Some big ships can only use one dock hence why they know ahead. Azamara can go virtually anywhere so can be later but the taxis always find them! 

This. A copy of the relevant part of my cruise documents from July. I do as Beatnix does on the morning I get the taxi. Piraeus is a big port, but the cruises go from the same area close to the port entrance. 

Phil 

IMG_3311.jpeg

47 minutes ago, ClaireHHD said:

Thanks all, yes Phil I have same document but I found the port website hard to navigate 

the websites I have been given will help. Looking forward to sailing for the first time on Azamara 

Me too!  Don't stress. I've sailed from Piraeus maybe a dozen times on Azamara and it's always been very easy to find the ship. 

Phil 

7 hours ago, ClaireHHD said:

Thank you all, I have been on lots of cruises and this is the first company not to provide the terminal details. Maybe nearer the time they will. Both suggested websites will do the job perfectly 

Unfortunately, NO, Azamara will likely not provide any further information.   

The onboard experience is great, but the ground customer service is still catching up.  So don't expect a lot before your cruise departs.

As others said, don't stress, once you get to Piraeus and start seeing the cruise ships, you'll drive around and find Azamara.

• Like 1

Where a ship docks is in the hands of the port authorities and be changed at the last minute, unless of course the cruise line own their own terminal which Azamara doesn’t. So they can only advise the terminal they expect to be using.

• Like 2

I have not yet cruised on Azamara, but am on the TA Lisbon to Fort Lauderdale next month. I found port information on the Azamara website by looking in the “Before you Board” tab. It might not have complete information, but does seem to have our departure port in Lisbon. It might be a good place to start.