Bus transport from Civitavecchia to Rome airport

garagesalegran

Are you talking about the cruise line transport from the ship to FCO airport?  If that is the case, they will not allow you to book it if your flight is too early.

If you are talking about a city type bus, I know of none that would go from Civitavecchia to FCO. 

I don't know if this will help you, but we planned to take the train from FCO to Civitavecchia.  These two guys show how easy it was and it can be done in reverse also.  One is a YT vid and the other is the train schedule.  IDK, just a thought in case your bus doesn't work out.  

and here:  https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Civitavecchia/Rome-Airport-FCO#r/Train

Of course you could also do a private transfer, which is likely to be cheaper than a HAL transfer, faster, and just your party in the vehicle.  We have used, and would highly recommend RomeCabs; they are also recommended many times on CC and Trip Advisor.

Edited by Torquer
  • Like 2

Forget the HAL bus transport. Get a private transport for less cost. Last year HAL wanted $69pp from the ship to the airport and we got a private transport for just the 2 of us for $45pp.  We used Bob's Limousines in Rome. Also we didn't have to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up before we left for the airport. 

We used the ship organised shuttle and it was very easy to get to the airport.  The ship will ensure you are given an early departure from the ship and the journey to the airport is not that long.  I think in July we were in the airport by about 10.30 am.

28 minutes ago, ris_scot said:

We used the ship organised shuttle and it was very easy to get to the airport.  The ship will ensure you are given an early departure from the ship and the journey to the airport is not that long.  I think in July we were in the airport by about 10.30 am.

But what time was your flight...and as you were flying back to Scotland (I assume), that is a little less complicated than flying to the US, which requires a little more time to process.

20 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Whatever method you ultimately use, you can also purchase a fast track for getting through the security line at FCO that might help give you a little cushion.

https://www.romeairports.com/fiumicino_en/fast-track.html

Off topic - but that "purchase" is ridiculous! I fear the slippery slope where international airports model their service after Disneyland.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:32 PM, terrydtx said:

Forget the HAL bus transport. Get a private transport for less cost. Last year HAL wanted $69pp from the ship to the airport and we got a private transport for just the 2 of us for $45pp.  We used Bob's Limousines in Rome. Also we didn't have to wait for the shuttle bus to fill up before we left for the airport. 

I just checked Bob’s website and the transfer was 95 Euros for 2 people for a shared transfer. If you have a small walker you’re charged more for a private transfer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

But what time was your flight...and as you were flying back to Scotland (I assume), that is a little less complicated than flying to the US, which requires a little more time to process.

We were not travelling until much later in the day so had time to drop off our luggage and go into the nearby town.  I understand your concern about transatlantic flights.  Our flights were firstly to Paris and then onwards to Edinburgh.  Passengers who are happy to carry off the ship their own luggage can normally get off the ship from 7am and I would say the drive in a taxi or similar would not be any longer that 45 minutes.