Reserved Suite Area at Shows on Harmony

Last summer was our first cruise back since Covid, and we noticed that the Gold area was removed in the theaters on Harmony.  Is this a permanent thing on all the ships?  I just read on our FB group that all the shows are booked for upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, and trying to figure out whether there will be a section for suites or not.  Does anyone know?  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, RSLeesburg said:

Last summer was our first cruise back since Covid, and we noticed that the Gold area was removed in the theaters on Harmony.  Is this a permanent thing on all the ships?  I just read on our FB group that all the shows are booked for upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, and trying to figure out whether there will be a section for suites or not.  Does anyone know?  Thanks!  

There will be a section for guests in full suites, but you still need reservations.  And as mentioned, they release those seats about 10 minutes before show time so that people in the standby line can find a seat.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rockmom said:

There will be a section for guests in full suites, but you still need reservations.  And as mentioned, they release those seats about 10 minutes before show time so that people in the standby line can find a seat.  

Perfect - thanks!  Do you make reservations with concierge?  

11 hours ago, RSLeesburg said:

You should try and book them in the cruise planner as soon as they open up.  The concierge can help, but if shows are totally full, they can't do too much other than try to fit you in at some point. 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:14 PM, RSLeesburg said:

Best to book them ahead of time. On some ships D/D+/P can be well over 1000 passengers looking for his/her services. Concierges will be very busy.

m

Alas, when I went onto app it said everything was booked.  In all of our previous cruises, the area reserved for suite guests did not require reservations - but was first come, first serve - so I did not bother to try and make any reservations when they opened up.  On my last cruise, the concierge told us that the suite areas were taken away on Harmony, and that we would need to book reservations, but they did not open up until you boarded - it sounds like they allow people to prebook and everything is full.  This is why I was asking if they brought back the suite areas - to see if there was any chance to catch a show.  We have seen all of the shows on Harmony, so it’s ok if we can’t get in but would love to catch the water show or the musicals if we could.  I will wait to hear from concierge - they usually reach out a week or two ahead of cruise.  

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Yikes !  First I've heard of this....unfortunate, if true.

I do know that the Aqua & Ice show have areas reserved for Suites, P, D+ & Key.  However, one needs reservations.  My understanding is that Royal maintains 25% available for on board reservations.  Usually there's staff in Boleros for reservations.

As an instance, on Oasis all of the adult comedy shows were sold out.  One night we went to the standby line.  Before they opened the door, there were twice as many in the standby line as there were in the reservation line.  Everyone got it in.  The Blaze room is oddly configured with a bar in the middle of room.