Back To Back Procedure

Bigbob7777

Hi all,

I am taking a back to back on the Spirit from Hawaii to Tahiti; then back Tahiti to Hawaii.  I have two different cabins (balcony). What is NCL’s procedure for this?  Do I have to pack and the claim my baggage and then check-in with my bags as if I am taking my first cruise?  Help!

bob

20 minutes ago, Bigbob7777 said:

Hi all,

I am taking a back to back on the Spirit from Hawaii to Tahiti; then back Tahiti to Hawaii.  I have two different cabins (balcony). What is NCL’s procedure for this?  Do I have to pack and the claim my baggage and then check-in with my bags as if I am taking my first cruise?  Help!

bob

No your cabin steward will move your luggage straight from your old cabin to your new cabin when the new cabin is ready. Just make sure you tag everything with the NEW cabin number

Edited by sailingships

It never hurts to stop at guest services early in the first cruise and double check they have you on their "list" of B2B (often called "through or continuing") passengers.  This will help ensure you get the instruction letter detailing the B2B procedure on turnaround day.  But, as said above, you should not need to reclaim your luggage.   The cabin steward should get it to your new cabin for you.  Also discuss this with him/her during the first cruise.

• Like 1

Both cabin stewards know you are changing and, between them, they will make the arrangements between themselves and with you.

Get a new room key, go ashore and enjoy Tahiti.   You will have an "In Transit" sticker which you should wear when you go back from your outing to ensure you miss check-in and go directly to  Security.   Find a shore staff member to make sure that happens.

Wear it onboard so the crew don't "hassle" you but newcomers can ask for help!!

• Like 1

If you don’t want to worry about packing everything properly I’ve heard of some people getting a box from the steward to put all their stuff in for the move. You could also bring a packable duffle bag to load your excess stuff in. I know when I pack everything has to be rolled and placed carefully to fit which I wouldn’t want to bother with during a B2B relocation of cabin.

One hack that I have used on several B2B cruises where we changed cabins is to turn in a bag of laundry on the last day or next to last day of the first cruise.  Be sure to write the number of your cabin for the second cruise on the laundry ticket and they will deliver it to your new room.  That will cut down on how much you need to pack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

if it's not to late, why dont you see if one or the other cabins are available for the entire  length of your cruise, or the same category cabin for the entire time. that way if doesnt entail moving (although you still need a new key card)

when ever we book a b2b, the first thing i always ask, is if there are available cabins so i dont have to change.

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

if it's not to late, why dont you see if one or the other cabins are available for the entire  length of your cruise, or the same category cabin for the entire time. that way if doesnt entail moving (although you still need a new key card)

when ever we book a b2b, the first thing i always ask, is if there are available cabins so i dont have to change.

Tried this- no two available.  Good tip though, thx.  Bob

9 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

One hack that I have used on several B2B cruises where we changed cabins is to turn in a bag of laundry on the last day or next to last day of the first cruise.  Be sure to write the number of your cabin for the second cruise on the laundry ticket and they will deliver it to your new room.  That will cut down on how much you need to pack.

What could go wrong???