Balcony vs suite

iwannacruz

Going on the Mardi Gras Thanksgiving week. Already have balcony booked and have done a balcony on the Mardi Gras 2 years ago but thinking of upgrading to suite?

Love some feedback on whether or not we should switch. Pros/cons

Thanks in advance.

We had an bump out balcony OS on MG (deck 12)  last December and loved it.  There are 3 of us in the cabin and we love the extra room inside and out.  Also, there is a curtain you can draw across the living room area for more privacy if you need it (DS slept on couch bed in that area), there were also 2 large TV's in the cabin if you care about that.  We enjoy a good suite on any ship but this one was a little better/different than expected,  We would get one again on MG.  

• Like 1

Personally I love the makeup/vanity area by the bathroom. My husband loves the living room with the curtain that separates things so his late night tv watching or gaming doesn’t disturb me. We both love the larger balcony and bigger bathroom. 

• Like 1

We’ve had most of the suites, not on the newer ships yet tho.  

We will 90% of the time get the suite for the huge aft wrap balcony.  While the extra room and dressing area/larger bathroom are nice, it’s all about the suites balcony for us. It’s a very private paradise back there. And room for our friends/family to hang out with us too. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:27 PM, iwannacruz said:

Going on the Mardi Gras Thanksgiving week. Already have balcony booked and have done a balcony on the Mardi Gras 2 years ago but thinking of upgrading to suite?

Love some feedback on whether or not we should switch. Pros/cons

Thanks in advance.

How much is the upgrade, We are also on this sailing in a balcony.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

How much is the upgrade, We are also on this sailing in a balcony.

It just depends on the ship and sailing. I’d suggest getting on the website and doing a mock booking and see how much it comes out to. 

• Like 1

We used to get suites, but now that the kids are older, they want their own room. So, wifey and I will get a balcony and the kids will have an interior across the hall.

We enjoyed the larger room with a suite and I miss it now.