Charge for mocktails on Oceania?

PSahoy

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

No charges for anything to  drink except liquor.

Not accurate. Charges were made for alcohol free beer on Nautica during the summer. I think there were also charges for mocktails using alcohol free "sprits" and alcohol free wine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was not aware of these charges..Im sorry I didnt check more closely..I usually have pina colada without liquor and Bloody Mary the same and there is never any charge..

Next time I will double check!

Jancruz1

1 minute ago, Jancruz said:

I was not aware of these charges..Im sorry I didnt check more closely..I usually have pina colada without liquor and Bloody Mary the same and there is never any charge..

Next time I will double check!

Jancruz1

I think it is the new non alcoholic  ones made with  Lyre  that have a fee

I never got around to trying one of the new  non alcoholic spirits

Your pina Colada  are  still free 😉

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jancruz said:

No charges for anything to  drink except liquor., including wine and beer..

Jancruz1

Sorry, but on Vista this month I wanted to try some of the incredible Mocktails they had in the new Aquamar Kitchen but they were $12-$14 each. Some sounded interesting but not willing to gamble that much on something I wouldn't drink.

I was drinking Virgin Mojitos on the Riviera in August - no charge.  I did try to order from the Mocktail menu several times and they said they were unavailable.  The Virgin Mojito was not on the list but it was very nice with lots of mint.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:24 AM, basor said:

"alcohol free liquor"

Where I am in the world, "liquor" would imply an alcoholic drink. As such, your phrase would be an oxymoron here.  Would that not be the case in America?

3 minutes ago, Harters said:

Where I am in the world, "liquor" would imply an alcoholic drink. As such, your phrase would be an oxymoron here.  Would that not be the case in America?

I don't drink hard spirits so not aware of how to accurately portray the "new" additives (is that better?) that are listed on the menus as "non alcoholic" gin, vodka, whiskey, wine, beer, etc....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harters said:

I know that non-alcoholic beer, does have a little alcohol in it; less than 0.5%.  In most US states you have to be 21 years old to buy it, even though it is doubtful you can get drunk on it.  My wife sometimes drinks it and I have had a few sips and it tastes very much like the normal beer that I drink.  I don't think we have ever had non-alcoholic liquor, but I just looked it up, and it typically does contain alcohol, but less than 5%, whereas normal liquor is around 40%.  Perhaps this is why O justifies charging for it.

Edited by Torquer