School reunion cruise

lenquixote66

16 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

While I, on the other hand, was the ultimate wallflower, "who's that person?"  non-entity in high school.

I went to my first reunion (15 years) just so I could hear the "THAT'S (name withheld)?" when I showed up in my short, little black dress, hair done, makeup and without a doubt had "come out of my shell".

I've attended about 3 reunions now, but, since I have to travel to get there I haven't attended the last couple.  I'm thinking about whether I'll attend my 50 year reunion.  If they even have enough people to set one up.  

I was borderline obese in HS .When I went to the 40th. reunion I weighted 185,I am 6’5.All of the male attendees were pot bellied.Those who shunned me in HS were envious but alas things have changed for me.

25 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Just to be clear, I've had experiences both good and bad at all the schools I've ever attended.  But my current desire to relive them with those I'm not currently friends with is weak.  Things may change as I grow older.

23 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

While I, on the other hand, was the ultimate wallflower, "who's that person?"  non-entity in high school.

I went to my first reunion (15 years) just so I could hear the "THAT'S (name withheld)?" when I showed up in my short, little black dress, hair done, makeup and without a doubt had "come out of my shell".

I've attended about 3 reunions now, but, since I have to travel to get there I haven't attended the last couple.  I'm thinking about whether I'll attend my 50 year reunion.  If they even have enough people to set one up.  

Yes, I understand.  If my post was considered a criticism, then it was poorly worded.   

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

Yes, I understand.  If my post was considered a criticism, then it was poorly worded.   

Not at all.  I'm putting forth another point of view.  Not everyone who attends reunions had great friends/experiences in high school.  Maybe just trying to show that not all "unpopular" kids turn out bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I didn't take it as criticism.  I just wanted to clarify that I did have some good times in school and that even the people I don't follow now are (mostly) good people and the fact that I don't want to go to reunions to see them mostly tells a story about me and not them.

• Thanks 1

I live in the same town that my dad grew up in, I went to school with my husband, reunions are every 10 years for every class. I’ve found the greatest attendance are ones that take place in town, since many are still around. A couple have been at hotels 20 minutes away, they were less popular. I know it sounds like where we live is in the middle of nowhere, but we are very close to NYC.

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I live in the same town that my dad grew up in, I went to school with my husband, reunions are every 10 years for every class. I’ve found the greatest attendance are ones that take place in town, since many are still around. A couple have been at hotels 20 minutes away, they were less popular. I know it sounds like where we live is in the middle of nowhere, but we are very close to NYC.

When I tell people I am from NY they immediately think it is NYC.They do not seem to realize just how many towns are in the state of NY.The town I live in has 1600 people.One of my children lives in a town with a population of 250.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 6:01 AM, lenquixote66 said:

Has anyone ever been on a school reunion cruise and if so how was it ?

Leaving aside whether  everyone wants to be reunited and has the money to do so, this idea is also assuming everyone is into cruises - when clearly some people are and some people are not.

Can't see it working out myself.

7 hours ago, Kristelle said:

Leaving aside whether  everyone wants to be reunited and has the money to do so, this idea is also assuming everyone is into cruises - when clearly some people are and some people are not.

Can't see it working out myself.

I would not participate