Coastal kitchen, Access

16 hours ago, EZ1 said:

Now I’ve been watching ch1 in our cabin. When I see the top tier event on TV, I’ll take some pics of the TV with our phone!

They’re showing the rerun of the Love & Marriage game now.

The older couple won last nite for their Halloween costume- they were titanic victims!!

Wore great waterlogged & shredded clothes, from the early 1900’s!

So happy to hear they won!  We saw them wandering around the Promenade earlier in the evening, and thought they were great!!  

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, EZ1 said:

Just became pinnacle yesterday. The loyalty ambassador gave us the crown & anchor card with phone # on it, to only call them for the free cruise. You should just be paying the port charges & ins, not the $200 deposit also.

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club!

Mikee and Doris 😎😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, island lady said:

OMG...the filet last night in CK was fantastic!  One of the best steaks we have ever had, and we have been to Chops, Giovannis, and CK many times in the past.  This one was the best!  😋

Hi Pat @island lady !  Did you have any other favorite meals in CK besides the filet?  We are going to "borrow" your cabin in a couple weeks.  Thanks for the heads up on the secret door!

13 hours ago, GW248 said:

Hi Pat @island lady !  Did you have any other favorite meals in CK besides the filet?  We are going to "borrow" your cabin in a couple weeks.  Thanks for the heads up on the secret door!

Last night seared Tuna...Mmmmm....we get ours "swimming".  😄 

Bucky loves the Cheese Tortellini, and I also like the Veal Cannelloni (which is huge portion, so we share one plate).  

Enjoy the cabin...1770 is a great location.  Though only problem there is crew door right across the hallway (noise)...but not bad.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 1:26 PM, island lady said:

I am not sure access on Wonder will happen any longer.   Poor Grace, our beloved Restaurant Manager, met her doom last night!!!.   😮😉 😄 

20231031_200842.jpg

Ha Ha!!  isn't Grace a wonderful CK Hostess/Manager. She was in CK for our August Cruise that had about 14 Pinnacles so we could have eaten there any night -- we were in a JS also.  However, we were with the family and ate most meals in the MDR except for Lobster Night in CK.  They surprised us with an anniversary cake and a serenade.  

We are sailing on Wonder in March and Grace will still be our Hostess.  

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 8:13 AM, island lady said:

Last night seared Tuna...Mmmmm....we get ours "swimming".  😄 

Bucky loves the Cheese Tortellini, and I also like the Veal Cannelloni (which is huge portion, so we share one plate).  

Enjoy the cabin...1770 is a great location.  Though only problem there is crew door right across the hallway (noise)...but not bad.  

Agree about the Tuna (I always pack a small tube of Wasabi to enhance it).  The same menu had a great veal chop. 

I like their poached lobster but on our last cruise -- AllureB2B we could have the regular broiled lobster.  

The Veloute for an appetiser is a soup that is poured over a piece of French Bread and that has seafood on it.  

Their wedge salad.  

If you sail on the 3/4 night back to back, you have the filet twice -- both night 1s, the ribeye -- both nights 2, the lobster - night 3, and I think tuna the last night (of the 4 night cruise).  We did this itinerary on Allure earlier this month and are sailing it on Utopia in August and December.  

Hope you and Bucky had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Ha Ha!!  isn't Grace a wonderful CK Hostess/Manager. She was in CK for our August Cruise that had about 14 Pinnacles so we could have eaten there any night -- we were in a JS also.  However, we were with the family and ate most meals in the MDR except for Lobster Night in CK.  They surprised us with an anniversary cake and a serenade.  

We are sailing on Wonder in March and Grace will still be our Hostess.  

Yes, we adore her!  We sailed with her and enjoyed her excellent service in CK on Harmony for years, before Wonder came in to replace her.  So happy to see Grace transfer over.  Unfortunately she will be on vacation when we are back again the end of February.  😞 

She wanted that picture with Bucky being more than a bit scary for Halloween a couple of weeks ago.  😄 

8 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Agree about the Tuna (I always pack a small tube of Wasabi to enhance it).  The same menu had a great veal chop. 

I like their poached lobster but on our last cruise -- AllureB2B we could have the regular broiled lobster.  

The Veloute for an appetiser is a soup that is poured over a piece of French Bread and that has seafood on it.  

Their wedge salad.  

If you sail on the 3/4 night back to back, you have the filet twice -- both night 1s, the ribeye -- both nights 2, the lobster - night 3, and I think tuna the last night (of the 4 night cruise).  We did this itinerary on Allure earlier this month and are sailing it on Utopia in August and December.  

Hope you and Bucky had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Thanks Sherri...hope you had a great turkey day as well.  🙂  

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, we adore her!  We sailed with her and enjoyed her excellent service in CK on Harmony for years, before Wonder came in to replace her.  So happy to see Grace transfer over.  Unfortunately she will be on vacation when we are back again the end of February.  😞 

She wanted that picture with Bucky being more than a bit scary for Halloween a couple of weeks ago.  😄 

She thought she'd be back for our March 3 cruise (another one with you and Bucky getting off when we get on -- we've got to sail together again.)  We're in a GS on Deck 17.  I got spoiled when I sailed in a Crown Loft on Harmony in the January after the re-start -- the ship was pretty empty and I bid on a CL.  You were a big help to me with lots of bidding questions and parking (first time I have sailed alone as Chuck was recovering from shoulder surgery).  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

She thought she'd be back for our March 3 cruise (another one with you and Bucky getting off when we get on -- we've got to sail together again.)  We're in a GS on Deck 17.  I got spoiled when I sailed in a Crown Loft on Harmony in the January after the re-start -- the ship was pretty empty and I bid on a CL.  You were a big help to me with lots of bidding questions and parking (first time I have sailed alone as Chuck was recovering from shoulder surgery).  

You are most welcome, and am happy I was able to help.  🙂 

We loved 1770 so much, that we had booked it again for this year.  Did four weeks in that cabin a year ago, and now this last 2 weeks over Halloween.   It is on the quieter port side, unlike the starboard side that gets all the foot traffic to CK/SL.  

Edited by island lady

So…we are in GS on Symphony in a couple weeks.  We plan on CK every night for dinner except night 5 of 6 we had planned at specialty restaurant (Hooked).  Various posts are saying night 5 would be lobster/dress your best/formal night for MDR.  If that is the case, would lobster or surf and turf be served in CK?  If anyone knows for sure, we might change Hooked reservation to a different night.

2 hours ago, trihawks1 said:

So…we are in GS on Symphony in a couple weeks.  We plan on CK every night for dinner except night 5 of 6 we had planned at specialty restaurant (Hooked).  Various posts are saying night 5 would be lobster/dress your best/formal night for MDR.  If that is the case, would lobster or surf and turf be served in CK?  If anyone knows for sure, we might change Hooked reservation to a different night.

We are onboard now (8n) and will be on next week (6n)...looking at the dinner menu for CK, Day 5, shows...

Entree

Cheese Tortellini

Grilled Barramundi

Roasted Chicken

Roasted Lamb Loin

Vegetable & Bean Cassoulet

* Day 2, Dinner, next week, shows Maine Lobster salad as appetizer.

* You should be able to check the complete menu using the Royal app.

Happy sailing!

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, island lady said:

You are most welcome, and am happy I was able to help.  🙂 

We loved 1770 so much, that we had booked it again for this year.  Did four weeks in that cabin a year ago, and now this last 2 weeks over Halloween.   It is on the quieter port side, unlike the starboard side that gets all the foot traffic to CK/SL.  

We're in 1758 -- a few doors down from 1770 -- in the quieter hall.  We visited the "door" when we were on Wonder in August.  

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 10:14 AM, island lady said:

I love that quiet hallway!  Enjoy my friend!  🙂 

I also like the sun pattern -- especially on an Eastern itinerary.  Of course, the Suite Sun deck is close by -- just have to remember to put a towel down on the lounger before I sit down!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I also like the sun pattern -- especially on an Eastern itinerary.  Of course, the Suite Sun deck is close by -- just have to remember to put a towel down on the lounger before I sit down!!

Definitely.  The soot up there is a real problem.  Some days much worse than others.  Bucky uses that area up there almost daily to sit in the sun and read, but I don't go up there.  Too many times being cut on...I avoid sitting in the sun.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

So what is the dinner priority for availability - Junior Suite vs Pinnacle?  Or first come first served in terms of reservations that day?

That's an interesting question.  So, if they are blanket-limiting access for lower level Pinns (or in some cases, limiting access for almost ALL Pinns), then are the JS SOL or can they still try and get CK rezzies ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's an interesting question.  So, if they are blanket-limiting access for lower level Pinns (or in some cases, limiting access for almost ALL Pinns), then are the JS SOL or can they still try and get CK rezzies ?

CK hostess, of whom we have known for years....told me it was indeed first come first serve.  No matter if JS or non-suite Pinnacles...considered all the same.  She pulls up the available tables and times on her screen and sets them up as they are requested...if she has room.  

The ones that have priority...are the full suites.  SL concierge, as usual, will email suites guests 5 days to a week prior to sailing with requests.  That is when we make our reservations for CK.  JS pax, and non-suite Pinnies have to present themselves in person once they board to make those ressies.  

Though with some Pinnie heavy cruises being limited to top 30...not really sure how that works.  Never affects us, since we sail full suites.  

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Though with some Pinnie heavy cruises being limited to top 30...not really sure how that works.  Never affects us, since we sail full suites.  

Thanks for this info.  I guess my question is slightly nuanced.  If non-suite, low level (NSLL) Pinns have been exclusively banned from the CK (in the “Top 30” situation) where does that leave the JS ?  As a NSLL Pinn I cannot even request CK rezzies in this situation (as I understand it).  I’m out.  Period.  Does that mean that JS are also out.  Period ? Pat, I realize that you don’t know since you haven’t had to deal with this situation.  Just wondering if anyone else knows the answer.

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Thanks for this info.  I guess my question is slightly nuanced.  If non-suite, low level (NSLL) Pinns have been exclusively banned from the CK (in the “Top 30” situation) where does that leave the JS ?  As a NSLL Pinn I cannot even request CK rezzies in this situation (as I understand it).  I’m out.  Period.  Does that mean that JS are also out.  Period ? Pat, I realize that you don’t know since you haven’t had to deal with this situation.  Just wondering if anyone else knows the answer.

To me, IMHO...if non-suite Pinnies are out...so should JS pax.  

OK...wait...let me adjust my flame suite here..ahhh...OK, fire away JS pax. 

After all...neither the JS pax nor the non-suite Pinnacles are in a full suite.  But alas...I don't make the rules. 😉 

Oh yeah, I am going to get burned here.  That's OK...it's almost happy hour and I can put out the flames.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

To me, IMHO...if non-suite Pinnies are out...so should JS pax.  

OK...wait...let me adjust my flame suite here..ahhh...OK, fire away JS pax. 

After all...neither the JS pax nor the non-suite Pinnacles are in a full suite.  But alas...I don't make the rules. 😉 

Oh yeah, I am going to get burned here.  That's OK...it's almost happy hour and I can put out the flames.  😄 

No flames here.  Your feelings about JS are known.  We will be cruising in our last JS on Wonder next month.  We will be in a full suite or not sail with Royal from now on.  Our experience in prior JS when we couldn't get a full suite was great.  We could eat dinner in CK any night if we wanted to.  We do have flexible dinner times and actually enjoy a later dinner.  I'm curious to see what our access will be.  I do feel that the new Sky JS category will change the second class citizen status of the regular JS.  Access to CK dinner will probably be denied at that time.    

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Definitely.  The soot up there is a real problem.  Some days much worse than others.  Bucky uses that area up there almost daily to sit in the sun and read, but I don't go up there.  Too many times being cut on...I avoid sitting in the sun.  

From videos and pictures, it looks like there are shady areas. Is that correct?  I like to sit on my own balcony when it's shady but it would be nice to have a bar and to meet people.  

• Like 1