Survey about Solarium Family Hours

Luvcrusn

On 10/30/2023 at 10:36 PM, FeebeeH said:

I can understand that sometimes if the temperature outside is cold, or the seas choppy children may be allowed in the solarium, and that's fine for very limited hours during the days.  But I would much prefer that the solarium be for adults when those exceptions aren't necessary.  We had a nasty experience swimming in a local pool when a toddler's swimming nappy just wasn't quite as secure as it perhaps should have been....still gives us nightmares.🤢

Was there a snickers floating in the pool?

all  ew!

that's why I go in  the Solarium pool and hot tub early in the day;   and the outdoor pool on port days  before the crowds come back.. 

Same for communal  pools and hot tubs at our Fl place.

my husb is even more careful..only goes in our dtr's family pool.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NASCAR Bubba said:

The new urine alarms should help. All being added at next dry dock.

Total waste of money !!

The " old farts " won't hear 'em !!

13 minutes ago, raineyo said:

Oh please tell me this isn’t going to happen. 😭 At this point the ADULT ONLY Solarium is one of the main reasons we pick Celebrity over other lines.  Please no to family hour Celebrity.  

It's already been happening.  Look at the screenshot I posted just above your post.  They list family hours from 5:30-6:30.  That's a pretty narrow window though, and probably a REALLY unpopular time as most are getting ready for dinner at that time I would guess

@The Fun Researcher Based on our experiences, your 16 year old son can be in the Solarium anytime.  Family hours, is for families and their children under the age of 16.  Children must be accompanied by an adult during family hours. 

@raineyo I am in total agreement with you so I avoid the Solarium during family hours and do not hesitate to point out to staff when we see violations.  We sail Celebrity for the quieter atmosphere and we really enjoy peace and quiet, having been empty nesters now for a good long while. 

2 hours ago, raineyo said:

Oh please tell me this isn’t going to happen. 😭 At this point the ADULT ONLY Solarium is one of the main reasons we pick Celebrity over other lines.  Please no to family hour Celebrity.  

It is during happy hour , everyone is at the bar 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

The app still shows 16+ for the Solarium on our Equinox sailing in a couple of weeks.  Is this still true? (knowing the app can be out of date)?

Our son is 16 (well behaved and quiet 🙂 ), and want to make sure he can hang with my Wife and I and our 19 and 22 year old daughters

He’ll be bored to tears in there..I hope he likes snoring..I’m 60 and can’t take it for long. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

He’ll be bored to tears in there..I hope he likes snoring..I’m 60 and can’t take it for long. 

Yeah I get it. 👍🏼.  It’s just in case it’s cold outside and he wants to hang out with others in our group if we go in there.  If the weather is nice we like the outdoor pool vibes much better 

43 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah I get it. 👍🏼.  It’s just in case it’s cold outside and he wants to hang out with others in our group if we go in there.  If the weather is nice we like the outdoor pool vibes much better 

Well if it’s cold, shouldn’t we let everyone into the Solarium?