Onboard Mariner now

ginny123

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

The cruise director did exactly that on todays channel 1 Mariner today program.  

Good. Although I do wonder how many watch that show on a daily. basis, I certainly don’t. Perhaps a note at the bottom of the bed would have been a more efficient way of conveying the message?

Whilst I feel the problem goes beyond a few people putting stuff down the lavatory that they shouldn’t, I hope this announcement helps alleviate the problem, because it is a real in-convenience - pardon the pun.

8 hours ago, Bridson said:

Thanks - your views sum it up well.

This ship is full of experienced repeat cruisers who will of course know what to and what not to put into a vacuum toilet system. Further, I’m sure that if the management suspected that it was indeed inappropriate items being flushed, that they would in some way issue a polite reminder to everyone. That hasn’t happened.

I was on the cruise before this one. We were on deck 8 and although we didn’t have any plumbing problems I saw repair work being done elsewhere on our corridor. 

There were several notices in Passages on Page 2 or 3 reminding us to be careful what we put in the toilets. 

1 minute ago, flossie009 said:

Ensure you are connected to the ship's Wi-Fi then try RegentCruiseReview.com and/or visit the on-board Internet Manager for assistance.

The survey can only be completed whilst on board.

I finally got to it.  My iPad kept connecting me to review sites, not the survey. 

Having 2 sea days and gaining an hour is a great way to end cruise. They are already preparing for holiday sailings. The carpenter onboard has built many little houses that will be decorated ginger bread houses. 

IMG_3509.jpeg

We’ll be on board and see them decorated. Will post a picture 

LP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Having 2 sea days and gaining an hour is a great way to end cruise. They are already preparing for holiday sailings. The carpenter onboard has built many little houses that will be decorated ginger bread houses. 

IMG_3509.jpeg

Another holiday fantasy smashed to bits.  I always thought gingerbread houses were made from gingerbread cookie dough. I don't want to peek behind the curtain.  I want to believe it's all real🤩

I'll be on the Mariner this Xmas and the gingerbread houses just won't look the same to me☹️

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Another holiday fantasy smashed to bits.  I always thought gingerbread houses were made from gingerbread cookie dough. I don't want to peek behind the curtain.  I want to believe it's all real🤩

I'll be on the Mariner this Xmas and the gingerbread houses just won't look the same to me☹️

Oh, I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to do that.  To me they are even more special.  It took a lot of time for a carpenter to make those houses.  Now, they will be able to last a long time for the cruise. The decorating will take an immense amount of time and skill. 

Today was the TexMex lunch.  This is my 13th Regent cruise and todays was better than any other we have had.  They had the proper add ons to adjust your selections…grated cheese, jalapeños, salsa….and I had my little bottle of tobasco.  Well done for a large crowd. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Then a hint here…..don’t check out Santa before you board….

• Like 1

Oh, I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to do that.  To me they are even more special.  It took a lot of time for a carpenter to make those houses.  Now, they will be able to last a long time for the cruise. The decorating will take an immense amount of time and skill. 

When we were on a Regent cruise and the gingerbread houses went out, in a couple of days you could see that someone had taken a bite out of various decorations.  I am sure a wooden house will survive a lot longer.

• Like 2