News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

I must have missed it when Stockperks was accepting it further out.  I know Princess used to.  As a matter of fact, I had sent it in to Princess (before Stockperks was tasked with this) and they put it on my account.  Then I re-fared when the price went down and I lost it.  Now I have to wait 😞. Could have used it to pay for an excursion.  Now I don't know what I will use it on. My cruise is August 3 so just a few days after July 31.  

It is not yet clear whether the perk will be available after July 31.

9 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

I don't believe you need to do anything, but you should double check your folio onboard to be sure. The excursions should all be charged to your folio. The credit card payments should be listed as refundable OBC. The credit card payments should no longer be attached to specific excursions. The shareholder OBC should be listed as nonrefundable OBC. Princess always uses nonrefundable OBC first before refundable. As long as your total charges are more than your total nonrefundable OBC, you should receive the balance back after the cruise.

I hope you are right!  Now all I have to do is wait for Princess to extend the shareholder credit to beyond July 31.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:37 AM, TRLD said:

I have for several cruises, no problem. Many others have also reported it working fine.

Thank you, ev

erryone who has responded.  I just got it all figured out and saw the credit on my Princess account.  I guess I shouldn't be so suspicious.  See you all onboard somewhere, sometime.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Read a post on Facebook this morning that Stockperks was now accepting submissions for cruises up until Dec. 31.  I went into the app, submitted my request for my September cruise, and the shareholder credit was applied within an hour!  As I was already approved on Stockperks a few months ago, it was very easy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I just booked a cruise for Sept and applied through Stockperks and within 5 minutes, the OBC notification came through saying it was applied.  So quick and easy! 

That email comes immediately after you put in the info. Usually a couple days later you will get the approval email. I admit I was a skeptic about using Stockperks at first, but it is working really good for me now. I just uploaded a photo of my holdings, no way I am giving log in info to any third party to my IRA account! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

That email comes immediately after you put in the info. Usually a couple days later you will get the approval email. I admit I was a skeptic about using Stockperks at first, but it is working really good for me now. I just uploaded a photo of my holdings, no way I am giving log in info to any third party to my IRA account! 

I got that email that I applied for the credit and 5 minutes later, I got the email that the credit had been applied.  And sure enough, it’s there!  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I got that email that I applied for the credit and 5 minutes later, I got the email that the credit had been applied.  And sure enough, it’s there!  

It is quick now for sure. I applied March 11th, got the new perk redeemed email from Stockperks immediately. It actually showed up on Carnival on the 12th, and then today I got second email from Stockperks stating it was successfully applied this morning.

• Like 1