News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

I don't see one about this, so here we go. My CVP posted this on FB. You'll all be very pleased to know that this new procedure wants you to install another app on your phone. Does the app work as it should? It doesn't.

***There is a new procedure for submitting the Carnival Shareholder onboard credit request***
Once your booking has been made, please visit www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp for full details on how to redeem.
In the case of joint shareholders, it is suggested that the guest who will pay for folio charges requests the benefit.
If you have any further questions about the shareholder benefit program, you may still contact the Commercial Compliance Support team via email sbpcl@princesscruises.com
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I have downloaded the app, created an account and submitted a request.   Stockperks indicated they were having an issue with Plaid when I contacted them regarding an issue.  They provided a workaround which works with my holdings confirmed within minutes.

Submitted a request for the credit to

be applied and received a response the credit would be applied within 5 business days.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I have downloaded the app, created an account and submitted a request.   Stockperks indicated they were having an issue with Plaid when I contacted them regarding an issue.  They provided a workaround which works with my holdings confirmed within minutes.

Submitted a request for the credit to

be applied and received a response the credit would be applied within 5 business days.   

I kept at it and got an account set up. The app sure asks a lot of question. I see no reason why I should tell them what our annual income is. Seems that's not required and I didn't give them that, but I find it a bit much that they'd even ask. I need to download a recent statement to upload. On the thread at FB, a guy said that his financial institution wasn't an option. Don't know if mine will be either. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I kept at it and got an account set up. The app sure asks a lot of question. I see no reason why I should tell them what our annual income is. Seems that's not required and I didn't give them that, but I find it a bit much that they'd even ask. I need to download a recent statement to upload. On the thread at FB, a guy said that his financial institution wasn't an option. Don't know if mine will be either. 

The work around I was given was to select Fidelity, upload a photo of brokerage statement and change broker from Fidelity to whatever your financial institution is.   I could not get the name change to work so just submitted using Fidelity.   Received confirmation email. My financial institution was listed but the account could not be verified thru Plaid.

I also had issues with the name on the account.  Ended us utilizing the exact name on the account, family trust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Is this new procedure supposed to *replace* our current process or is it to be an alternative method?

According to my CVP, it's a replacement. She says the form or just an email will no longer work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

BUMMER!  I had a good process that always worked!  Has anybody tried submitting within the past day or so?

Bummer is exactly what I think. I haven't tried submitting recently, since our next cruise with Princess is the April eclipse cruise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I guess it is good I don't use a CVP. I'm not sure they can change the terms of the existing policy as easily as they can change the terms of the new policy.

I'm not sure that's going to help you. I can't imagine the new setup will only apply to those who go through a CVP. Maybe I misunderstood what you said?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Bummer is exactly what I think. I haven't tried submitting recently, since our next cruise with Princess is the April eclipse cruise. 

I’m willing to give it a shot before I say I’m disappointed but change is hard. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

Not going to give them my statement (without blacking out all my account info), so uploading isn’t going to work

Post #4 indicates that you can upload a photo so blacking out account number, other holdings, and account value should be possible 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What’s fascinating is about a month (?) or so ago, we learned here on CC about the new shareholder benefits application option on the Princess website that we’re going to be using to reapply for SOBC on a couple of refared cruises, once we get home after our current cruise is over.

The SHB option still seems to work quite nicely using the below Princess link on their website while the link posted by the OP has not been officially referenced anywhere on the Carnival SHB webpage that I can find. Of course, if either Princess or Carnival Corp starts to officially promote the OP’s link, then that would possibly be more of an incentive for us to use that link. 

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

IMG_5394.thumb.png.750e0ba190abf11b0ab2c568e7910137.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

What’s fascinating is about a month (?) or so ago, we learned here on CC about the new shareholder benefits application option on the Princess website that we’re going to be using to reapply for SOBC on a couple of refared cruises, once we get home after our current cruise is over.

The SHB option still seems to work quite nicely using the below Princess link on their website while the link posted by the OP has not been officially referenced anywhere on the Carnival SHB webpage that I can find. Of course, if either Princess or Carnival Corp starts to officially promote the OP’s link, then that would possibly be more of an incentive for us to use that link. 

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page

IMG_5394.thumb.png.750e0ba190abf11b0ab2c568e7910137.png

From what I have read from the notice from our CVP, going forward using Stockperks is the way Carnival Corporate is going to handle Stockholders fleet and world wide.  
www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

I find it interesting that our only "notification" for this important change is via a communication shared with a single cruiser/customer and their CVP.  It certainly seems as if the "mechanics" are in place and that there is real intent here...but where is the "official" announcement?

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I find it interesting that our only "notification" for this important change is via a communication shared with a single cruiser/customer and their CVP.  It certainly seems as if the "mechanics" are in place and that there is real intent here...but where is the "official" announcement?

There are multiple individuals who have received this on multiple formats.   The process is in place and working.   

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

From what I have read from the notice from our CVP, going forward using Stockperks is the way Carnival Corporate is going to handle Stockholders fleet and world wide.  
www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

Sounds good. Hopefully Carnival will make that announcement on their website soon rather than just by word of mouth and those in the know posting it on social media.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm not sure that's going to help you. I can't imagine the new setup will only apply to those who go through a CVP. Maybe I misunderstood what you said?

It just means I will ignore until forced to comply via some other means instead of a CVP.

The current policy should work through Feb for cruises through June. +/-

• Like 7