News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

11 hours ago, kiwimum said:

From what I have read from the notice from our CVP, going forward using Stockperks is the way Carnival Corporate is going to handle Stockholders fleet and world wide.  
www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

And yet, Holland America is not on Stock Perks app.

We cruise both lines—I uploaded stock info for our upcoming Princess cruises on Stock Perks.  Easy peasy and a quick confirmation that OBC has been applied.

HAL is not listed so looks like we will be continuing to send our info in via email.

Just now, disneyochem said:

And yet, Holland America is not on Stock Perks app.

We cruise both lines—I uploaded stock info for our upcoming Princess cruises on Stock Perks.  Easy peasy and a quick confirmation that OBC has been applied.

HAL is not listed so looks like we will be continuing to send our info in via email.

Were you able to redact the "non-Carnival" portions of your statement?

I am not sure if the process has changed in the last few days but I submitted a request for Shareholder credit via email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com on 10/26/23 for an upcoming Jan 24 cruise and the OBC was posted to my account within 5 days. I attached a completed Carnival corp & PLC shareholder Benefit Request form and a copy of a recent Broker Statement with personal info blacked out but showing name and # CCL shares owned.  In the Title I noted Last Name and Booking #. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CPCruisers said:

I am not sure if the process has changed in the last few days but I submitted a request for Shareholder credit via email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com on 10/26/23 for an upcoming Jan 24 cruise and the OBC was posted to my account within 5 days. I attached a completed Carnival corp & PLC shareholder Benefit Request form and a copy of a recent Broker Statement with personal info blacked out but showing name and # CCL shares owned.  In the Title I noted Last Name and Booking #. 

I also submitted via email just a few minutes ago and it worked great. Despite the email saying it could take 21 days it was on my personalized right away. So they haven't implemented any required changes yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yes, but it will be some pretty classy spam.  Not your run of the mill "please confirm your $12.00 purchase by giving us your credit card pin number".

You'll get classy spam + the regular stuff. They've got you pegged for all of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CPCruisers said:

This is what I've done for several years now...I hope they don't discontinue it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Yes, but it will be some pretty classy spam.  Not your run of the mill "please confirm your $12.00 purchase by giving us your credit card pin number".

I got a series of spam emails from somebody who claimed to want to sell me an oil tanker. Now that's some classy spam!

• Haha 2

Downloaded App, added a few details.  I did not fill in Address and income etc on profile.

picked Carnival and uploaded one screenshot of a share ownership.

within 5 minutes it stated that they had accepted proof of shares by E-Mail and App message.

I then applied to a booking, App said they would get back to me within 5 days.

This seemed quite a good process, I might get declined yet as my cruise is not for 6 Months, Princess UK have always declined if submitted outside of 3 month window of cruise date.

Will wait and see…

IMG_0420.jpeg

• Like 2

This is such a Bad Idea™️.  The last thing I want to do is give some 3rd party credentials to my brokerage account for $100 OBC.  That's one wire transfer away from being thoroughly screwed if stockerperks.com has a compromise.  Good luck trying to claw back a wire transfer unless you have alerts properly set up on your account.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

This is such a Bad Idea™️.  The last thing I want to do is give some 3rd party credentials to my brokerage account for $100 OBC.  That's one wire transfer away from being thoroughly screwed if stockerperks.com has a compromise.  Good luck trying to claw back a wire transfer unless you have alerts properly set up on your account.

Where do you see anything about supplying credentials to your stock account? Nobody has said *anything* about that! Nobody in their right mind would do this!

• Like 2

I uploaded my most recent statement and applied it to my next cruise.  I no longer seethe ability to upload a more recent statement in the future.  Does that mean that they will accept as proof a brokerage statement that is 6 months or a year old (or more)?  Or will the current uploaded statement disappear in 90 days or so and allow us the opportunity to  upload a more recent statement?

Okay…I have some issues with this.   First as others have said my income is none of their business.   Also when submitting a copy of brokerage statement, do yo submit a whole statement or just the page showing Carnival stock?   I ask because our statement is 17-18 pages and our financial holdings and total assets are not what we want to share.   As I said our financial status is our business and no one we want to share.    I will say I did download the app but have not set up an account yet so I am just going on what has been posted here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pedirn said:

Okay…I have some issues with this.   First as others have said my income is none of their business.   Also when submitting a copy of brokerage statement, do yo submit a whole statement or just the page showing Carnival stock?   I ask because our statement is 17-18 pages and our financial holdings and total assets are not what we want to share.   As I said our financial status is our business and no one we want to share.    I will say I did download the app but have not set up an account yet so I am just going on what has been posted here.

I just took a screenshot of one page & used edit on photos to redact anything I did not want them to see.

• Like 2

FYI….I submitted proof of shares for my April 2024 cruise and my December 2024 cruise at 10:00 AM.   I used the “old” way of emailing them.   Just received email and both dates have been applied.   I too will continue to do it this way until notified differently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2023 at 7:07 PM, Sea Hag said:

According to my CVP, it's a replacement. She says the form or just an email will no longer work.

Worked for me last week doing it via email with blacked out brokerage statement and https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/contact-us/shareholder-request-form.pdf

No other personal info required or intrusive questions other than what's on the pdf.

Edited by Loveh2ofl
  • Like 1

I'm going to see how good they are.  I submitted my information but entered this year for my cruise in 2024.   I'll report if they denied or corrected the date and gave me the credit.

I really don't see the need for both the confirmation number and the cruise date.  It's like a ZIP code - if you know the code, you know the place.  If you know the confirmation number, then you should know the cruise date.

Ah!  Just another reason why we’re happy working with a TA.  I just take a photo of the relevant page of my latest statement, redact confidential information and give it to my TA.  She submits it and it always works perfectly.  It seems that in many businesses consumers are being asked to do the work and deal with apps that aren’t always cooperative.  It can be very frustrating.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

BUMMER!  I had a good process that always worked!  Has anybody tried submitting within the past day or so?

I don't know how long this will continue to work but today I emailed my request to the Princess address  sbpcl@princesscruises dot com & within minutes the email confirmation arrived with the OBC posted.  It came before the automatic email saying up to 21 days.

I have already sent a protest letter as I have no intention of using an app on my phone to transmit my financial information to a site that was only started 2 years ago by a husband and wife.  If they had offered this as an option that would have been ok, but not as the only avenue to request the promised OBC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1