News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, we have a big issue with this Stockperks App. I just downloaded the app and subsequently registered after "skipping" the personal information section. Then used the default "Plaid" option which subsequently displayed one of their stockbroker selections that I have stock with. I then clicked on my broker's name and it took me to their Login screen where they want me to log on.

This is where we have a huge issue. From this point on, the Stockperks app would have our login and password information and access to all of the stocks and mutual funds in our account. Sorry, that's not happening.

I chose the "Alina" option instead of "Plaid" (SIC on Alina, can't remember the exact name) and I wasn't asked for any passwords.  Try that to see it it works better for you.  By the way I figured out that you have to enable notifications too.  That could be why I didn't get notified that my uploaded brokerage statement was accepted.

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I chose the "Alina" option instead of "Plaid" (SIC on Alina, can't remember the exact name) and I wasn't asked for any passwords.  Try that to see it it works better for you.  By the way I figured out that you have to enable notifications too.  That could be why I didn't get notified that my uploaded brokerage statement was accepted.

OK, that's really weird. So here's my question someone mentioned over on a similar HAL thread. Will StockPerk have the means to access your stockbroker account whenever they feel like it. For example, when you're on the cruise just to make sure you didn't buy the CCL shares to simply get the SOBC and then sell them just before you boarded the cruise?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

40 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

One more question. When you used the Alina option, you provided no login information. How was the StockPerk App able to access your specific stockbroker account to confirm you had the 100 CCL shares?

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, that's really weird. So here's my question someone mentioned over on a similar HAL thread. Will StockPerk have the means to access your stockbroker account whenever they feel like it. For example, when you're on the cruise just to make sure you didn't buy the CCL shares to simply get the SOBC and then sell them just before you boarded the cruise?

Good question.  How they verify eligibility for a perk isn't shown on the Stockperks website, at least from what I've read.  At least in my case they don't have my log in credentials nor do they have my brokerage account number (I 'xed it out on the document I submitted).  And from what I can see I haven't given them the right to access the details of my brokerage account.  I see this email address for question though and it might be worth asking:  carnivalcorp@stockperks.com .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

One more question. When you used the Alina option, you provided no login information. How was the StockPerk App able to access your specific stockbroker account to confirm you had the 100 CCL shares?

I just uploaded the page from my brokerage account (with the account number redacted) that showed my CCL shares.  Not sure what they did from there but it was approved.  ETA:  My statement was approved, the actual awarding of SHOBC is still "in progress".

Edited by azbirdmom

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I just uploaded the page from my brokerage account (with the account number redacted) that showed my CCL shares.  Not sure what they did from there but it was approved.  ETA:  My statement was approved, the actual awarding of SHOBC is still "in progress".

OK, I just tried the Alina option, and we can definitely live with this option. 😊

image.png.7271458a78ec481634b016a8f2fb4428.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also received the reply indicating the new shareholder OBC procedure when I e-mailed my redacted brokerage statement and the request form to Princess.  I installed the app on my phone, uploaded a PDF of the statement and the next morning I received a message that it had been validated.  I then went into the app to redeem the OBC credit and got a confirmation that within 5 business days the credit would be applied to my booking, or they would request more information.  I didn't have to enter any login details for my brokerage account.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

I used the old option just two weeks ago using the standard form and sending by email to sbpcl@princesscruises.com. Attached copy of brokerage statement and received the OBC by the next day.

They started returning anything sent via email yesterday with instructions to download the app to claim your SHOBC.  You're lucky you got it in before they pulled the plug on the email submissions.

29 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

As I posted yesterday, I submitted with the new process on Wednesday last week by just uploading my brokerage statement showing ownership, name and date.   Received acknowledgement of submission with a response to request within 5 business days.   Tuesday afternoon I received email the OBC was posted to my account.   This was for a 2025 cruise.

Can’t understand - aren’t you supposed to show ownership NINETY DAYS prior to sailing …. That’s the time frame I’ve always used and (old school warning) sent in request by FAX

19 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

Can’t understand - aren’t you supposed to show ownership NINETY DAYS prior to sailing …. That’s the time frame I’ve always used and (old school warning) sent in request by FAX

Not sure about the 90 days, but here is what it currently says on the Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit form as well as on the StockPerks link:

The benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2024. Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Not sure about the 90 days, but here is what it currently says on the Carnival Corp Shareholder Benefit form as well as on the StockPerks link:

The benefit is available on sailings through July 31, 2024. Applications to receive this benefit should be made at least three weeks prior to cruise departure date.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

My error, I thought I had submitted for a 2025 cruise but was a late 2024.  I have requested my post be deleted.

The reference you posted was not on the website when I submitted on Wednesday. 
I am pleased to see they are bringing the OBC back into line with the rules posted and years ago adhered to.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

It looks like the app is adhering to the published end date of the OBC offer, something I haven't had happen to my faxed or email requests.  Someone on another forum published getting this message after trying to request OBC for a mid-2024 cruise.

image.png.81c590d82bc112213ae8b6e65403ff74.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I fully respect the members of cruise critic that want a choice of submission, but this really worked for us.  
Seemed simple to use, minimal information required.

And they applied credit within the 5 working days that they promised and a whopping 6 months in advance!

Being a UK shareholder the benefits team were brutally efficient at enforcing the rule of being within 90 days of sailing before accepting request.  
Terms of business on App state that Stock Perks will request benefit from Princess for sailings up to 31st July 2024 at moment.

Princess even updated the booking confirmation immediately.

IMG_9213.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/8/2023 at 8:37 AM, alanstarr said:

Downloaded the app, got my stock holdings approved pretty quickly. Submitted on Sunday for a December cruise, now its just saying "In Progress" so far. We'll see what happens! 

Update - credit just post today, five days after submission (just like they said).

Also interesting - I also got validated for my NCL stock, so maybe I can use this one app in the future for both companies. 

• Like 1

For those interested, here's the various screens we're seeing on the StockPerks App, once we were registered and initially attempting to manually upload our Brokerage Statement.

First, I selected the Carnival Corp. & plc option.

IMG_5640(003).thumb.jpg.d0f59f22f70d28389d34d2fd3e70367b.jpg

Then the Princess Cruises option

IMG_5641(004).thumb.jpg.743423a1d078101c0533e07f9eeb1d7a.jpg

Then the "Validate your portfolio to check eligibility" option

IMG_5642(005).thumb.jpg.390152aae25687e17fee9907d9f9394f.jpg

Notice the Plaid option is set as the default. This is where I changed the option to Alina, which allowed us to manually upload a photo (or file copy) of your brokerage statement. I initially clicked Next with the default Plaid option set, which takes you to a screen with some Brokerages listed. I then clicked ours, which took me to our Broker's login screen. That's when we said "heck no" to this, until we found out about the Alinea option.

IMG_5643(006).thumb.jpg.c5e7d490dd8642cd5732646fd48c4168.jpg

We then clicked on the "Add File" option, which allowed us to upload the document. We subsequently received approval of the document we uploaded about 3 hours later. We are now in the process of submitting SOBC requests for 2 bookings that sail within the current authorized timeframe. Here's a fun fact. NCL was also listed on our brokerage form, which was also recorded in our account, and we can now also request SOBC for NCL cruises.

image.png.7271458a78ec481634b016a8f2fb4428.png.1442882e422da830b62ffee385699629.png 

Just as a side note. On the initial Companies screen where I selected the Carnival option, I later went to the bottom of that screen and I look what I found, RC and NCL links. The interesting thing is that there has been no mention on any of the applicable CC Forums that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines are also being listed here. 🤔

IMG_5639(002).thumb.jpg.d4d9b934e4c839b389cb0c3f94b283eb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

10 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I just downloaded the app. After I click on princes cruises, the only option I get is to "validate my portfolio" which takes me to Plaid and then I can choose a broker and log in.

How do I find "Alinea" or alternately, I don't see anywhere where you can just upload a redacted copy of your brokerage statement

Sorry Juicyjuju, I can not remember.  I just typed in the broker as mine was not listed and then I just uploaded document.    I have no idea what Plaid or Alinea is.  I did create an account with Stock perks and put in minimum information to begin with.

• Like 1

Used Alinea -- got immediate response "checking availability"..........

Just one thing:  there was no where for me to input my cruise information !!

Oh, this "system" is going to need some work 😞 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BettyNL said:

Used Alinea -- got immediate response "checking availability"..........

Just one thing:  there was no where for me to input my cruise information !!

Oh, this "system" is going to need some work 😞 

Cruise information comes later, when your brokerage statement is accepted.    Ken the cruiser posted an excellant description of everything up to that point.

• Like 1

I just tried this and am having trouble.  I downloaded the app and completed the information to register/open the account.  Got an email to verify my email address, did that.  But can't get the app to do anything now.  When I bring it up on my phone, the home screen for Stockperks appears but then just vanishes, never loads anything else.  Did I do something wrong, is there a waiting time or is there something going on with the app?  I never got to any of the areas shown in Ken the Cruiser's detailed steps/description.  Thanks for any and all help.

21 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I just tried this and am having trouble.  I downloaded the app and completed the information to register/open the account.  Got an email to verify my email address, did that.  But can't get the app to do anything now.  When I bring it up on my phone, the home screen for Stockperks appears but then just vanishes, never loads anything else.  Did I do something wrong, is there a waiting time or is there something going on with the app?  I never got to any of the areas shown in Ken the Cruiser's detailed steps/description.  Thanks for any and all help.

If I might ask, what type of device and operating system are you using? There was a gentleman that was using an iPhone 6 with an outdated iOS operating system that was having issues with the app.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what type of device and operating system are you using? There was a gentleman that was using an iPhone 6 with an outdated iOS operating system that was having issues with the app.

I have and iPhone SE.  I downloaded the update just prior to IOS 17 and everything is working well.  Haven't downloaded 17 yet.  Maybe that is the problem.  I will download it and see if that works.  Thank you.