News on shareholder credit

Sea Hag

8 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I have and iPhone SE.  I downloaded the update just prior to IOS 17 and everything is working well.  Haven't downloaded 17 yet.  Maybe that is the problem.  I will download it and see if that works.  Thank you.

FWIW both my DW and I downloaded the app to our iPads. Maybe someone following this thread has successfully downloaded the app to their iPhone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW both my DW and I downloaded the app to our iPads. Maybe someone following this thread has successfully downloaded the app to their iPhone.

I downloaded the app on Wednesday last week using an IPhone 11, running iOS 16.7.2 with no issues.   

On 11/1/2023 at 4:09 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

BUMMER!  I had a good process that always worked!  Has anybody tried submitting within the past day or so?

I applied for it yesterday on an upcoming cruise.  I received this notification ..

OBC Benefit Submission Acknowledgement

Dear xxxxxxsx,

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise (Booking #:xxxxxx departing on xx/xx/xxxx) has been successfully submitted to Princess.

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either: 

1. Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or
  2. Request for more information regarding your application.

1. Confirm that the credit has been applied to your cruise booking by Princess; or
  2. Request for more information regarding your application

Thank you for being a loyal CCL shareholder and a member of Stockperks!

I will report back on any success.  
BTW, I didn’t fill out any of the personal information that wasn’t required.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

On 11/8/2023 at 5:37 AM, alanstarr said:

Downloaded the app, got my stock holdings approved pretty quickly. Submitted on Sunday for a December cruise, now its just saying "In Progress" so far. We'll see what happens! 

Where do you see ‘in progress’ ??

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I applied for it yesterday on an upcoming cruise.  I received this notification ..

OBC Benefit Submission Acknowledgement

Dear xxxxxxsx,

Congratulations! Your request for an onboard credit for your upcoming cruise (Booking #:xxxxxx departing on xx/xx/xxxx) has been successfully submitted to Princess.

We will be in touch with you in the next five (5) business days to either: 

2. Request for more information regarding your application

I will report back on any success.  
BTW, I didn’t fill out any of the personal information that wasn’t required.  

Exactly the answer I have received with OBC credited to cruise exactly 5 business days from submission.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

I fully respect the members of cruise critic that want a choice of submission, but this really worked for us.  
Seemed simple to use, minimal information required.

And they applied credit within the 5 working days that they promised and a whopping 6 months in advance!

Being a UK shareholder the benefits team were brutally efficient at enforcing the rule of being within 90 days of sailing before accepting request.  
Terms of business on App state that Stock Perks will request benefit from Princess for sailings up to 31st July 2024 at moment.

Princess even updated the booking confirmation immediately.

IMG_9213.jpeg

Where did you get that ???

Sorry but it seems everybody has different responses 😱😱

5 hours ago, BobandLizM said:

I fully respect the members of cruise critic that want a choice of submission, but this really worked for us.  
Seemed simple to use, minimal information required.

And they applied credit within the 5 working days that they promised and a whopping 6 months in advance!

Being a UK shareholder the benefits team were brutally efficient at enforcing the rule of being within 90 days of sailing before accepting request.  
Terms of business on App state that Stock Perks will request benefit from Princess for sailings up to 31st July 2024 at moment.

Princess even updated the booking confirmation immediately.

IMG_9213.jpeg

7 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

In the app, go to the tab that says "Redeemed", then click on the Princess Cruises listing. 

IMG_3461.jpeg

Just now, BettyNL said:

IMG_3460.thumb.jpeg.65db27b07dee71689b0d0f86543e1f65.jpeg

It's a multi-step process. First you upload your stock info on the app. Then that gets approved (usually just a day or two).

After that, you'll see the programs you're eligible for. At that point, you can click on Princess and submit for your cruise. Then it takes 5 more days after that.

Screenshot_20231109_200954_Stockperks.thumb.jpg.0f83a8775150d01c13c9d3979ecfb88b.jpg

I'm sure Princess will still have an option for those who don't use a "smart"phone.  There are still 10% of adults under 50 who don't use one; and, according to Oberlo, 60% of people over age 65 do not.  Given the demographics on Princess cruises, that's going to be a not insignificant number.

4 hours ago, BettyNL said:

Where did you get that ???

Sorry but it seems everybody has different responses 😱😱

That was the E-Mail I received, App was updated as well, but I quite like the happy pictures they send.

i think I clicked the button that I was happy to receive notifications.

8 hours ago, CCBB said:

Question: I had faxed in the shareholder benefit request before I found out about this change. Do you think  the fax will start work or should I re-submit using the app?

Anita

I thought I read the fax option didn't work anymore. I did the email option and it still went through within a day for our 3/2025 cruise.

I tried the "new" method but I'm not sure it will work. I have two cruises booked for 2024 and no where did the app ask me about my specific cruises so how does it know how many I have booked? I also refuse to use "Plaid". There is NO way I am giving someone my account login and password information. That is way too risky. Can you imagine if an organization like that was hacked and hackers got ahold of everyone's login info? No thanks.

I also submitted my info via the old method using email and got a response back saying they were switching over to this new app. What about the people who don't use apps?

I told them if its not broke, don't fix it. If they can't use a method that I find reliable and safe I will just sell my CCL stock and be done with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

I tried the "new" method but I'm not sure it will work. I have two cruises booked for 2024 and no where did the app ask me about my specific cruises so how does it know how many I have booked? I also refuse to use "Plaid". There is NO way I am giving someone my account login and password information. That is way too risky. Can you imagine if an organization like that was hacked and hackers got ahold of everyone's login info? No thanks.

I also submitted my info via the old method using email and got a response back saying they were switching over to this new app. What about the people who don't use apps?

I told them if its not broke, don't fix it. If they can't use a method that I find reliable and safe I will just sell my CCL stock and be done with it.

See my post # 119.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

My unofficial guess from over here in the peanut gallery is CCL is looking to reduce manpower costs associated with the initial processing requirements of 1000s of shareholder benefit requests on a daily basis by partnering with StockPerks. When we originally bought our CCL stock a few years back at $48 a share, I'm sure the associated workload to handle SHB requests was much less. Now that CCL shares are around $12 per share and are much more affordable, I'm pretty sure this reduction in cost has caused a huge increase in folks buying shares and subsequently applying for SHBs. And I'm sure the same is happening over at NCLH and RCG. Of course, this is just a guess.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, minnesotasisu said:

I did go through those steps and my E*Trade firm was not listed so I did what others suggested and used another firm. Not sure if it will work or not

You used the "Alinea" option rather than the default Plaid option? If so, you shouldn't have seen any reference to any stock broker.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

2 minutes ago, minnesotasisu said:

I used "Fidelity" as that is what someone else said they used.

19 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For those interested, here's the various screens we're seeing on the StockPerks App, once we were registered and initially attempting to manually upload our Brokerage Statement.

First, I selected the Carnival Corp. & plc option.

IMG_5640(003).thumb.jpg.d0f59f22f70d28389d34d2fd3e70367b.jpg

Then the Princess Cruises option

IMG_5641(004).thumb.jpg.743423a1d078101c0533e07f9eeb1d7a.jpg

Then the "Validate your portfolio to check eligibility" option

IMG_5642(005).thumb.jpg.390152aae25687e17fee9907d9f9394f.jpg

Notice the Plaid option is set as the default. This is where I changed the option to Alina, which allowed us to manually upload a photo (or file copy) of your brokerage statement. I initially clicked Next with the default Plaid option set, which takes you to a screen with some Brokerages listed. I then clicked ours, which took me to our Broker's login screen. That's when we said "heck no" to this, until we found out about the Alinea option.

IMG_5643(006).thumb.jpg.c5e7d490dd8642cd5732646fd48c4168.jpg

We then clicked on the "Add File" option, which allowed us to upload the document. We subsequently received approval of the document we uploaded about 3 hours later. We are now in the process of submitting SOBC requests for 2 bookings that sail within the current authorized timeframe. Here's a fun fact. NCL was also listed on our brokerage form, which was also recorded in our account, and we can now also request SOBC for NCL cruises.

image.png.7271458a78ec481634b016a8f2fb4428.png.1442882e422da830b62ffee385699629.png 

Just as a side note. On the initial Companies screen where I selected the Carnival option, I later went to the bottom of that screen and I look what I found, RC and NCL links. The interesting thing is that there has been no mention on any of the applicable CC Forums that Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines are also being listed here. 🤔

IMG_5639(002).thumb.jpg.d4d9b934e4c839b389cb0c3f94b283eb.jpg

I'm confused. Where in my example using the Alivea option rather than the default Plaid option, did it ask for any brokerage house information, other than for you to upload a copy of your brokerage statement referencing your CCL stock ownership?

Below is an email response from Stockperks that I received after complaining, via their app., for a failed connection to my account:

Hi Larry - sorry you're experiencing this.  Periodically we have data feed issues from Plaid (which connects us to your brokerage).  

The second way we can validate your ownership is by uploading an image of your portfolio through the app as follows:  

• Select profile (bottom right of the app screen)
  • Select portfolio
  • Select log out / Disconnect your current broker
  • Then select validate portfolio (button should be top of screen)
  • You’ll then see a range of options (Plaid, Fidelity, Alinea, European, Asia Pacific)
  • You can select Fidelity (as a workaround) 
  • Then follow the steps to upload an image of your brokerage statement

Have a print out of a recent brokerage statement showing:
- your name
- the brokerage
- the date 
- how many CCL shares you have  

and you can black out / redact any other details you don't want to share. Then take a picture of it.  

When the app asks you to upload a picture, select "Open Gallery" and find the picture of your portfolio, then hit submit and you'll be done. 

We'll then validate your ownership and you'll receive an email when that's done at which point you can proceed with claiming your onboard credit.  

Here's a video you can watch of the process as well:  https://youtu.be/sGyuFPulpJs

Sorry for the extra work here.  Hopefully this helps.  If you're still having an issue, please let me know and we'll get things sorted out.  Kind regards 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2