Has NCL cancelled Israeli ports for 2024?

ontheweb

I read over at the Holland America boards that NCL has already cancelled Israel for 2024 sailings. The consensus was that this is smart as it will give them more time to find alternative ports on the sailings and let people know in advance what they are doing.

I expected to see something on these boards, but do not. Can anyone confirm whether that is true or just a rumor?

45 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I read over at the Holland America boards that NCL has already cancelled Israel for 2024 sailings. The consensus was that this is smart as it will give them more time to find alternative ports on the sailings and let people know in advance what they are doing.

I expected to see something on these boards, but do not. Can anyone confirm whether that is true or just a rumor?

Yes they are cancelled.

It was announced during their financial outlook announcement

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/norwegian-cuts-outlook-cancels-israel-sailings-through-2024/ar-AA1jdsqW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You can still go online and book a cruise for Israel. Guess they need to update the website

Edited by Laszlo

8 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Yes they are cancelled.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/norwegian-cuts-outlook-cancels-israel-sailings-through-2024/ar-AA1jdsqW

Thanks for the link. I have a late 2024 sail date currently embarking from Haifa and my cruise will no doubt be WAY down the priority list for re-routing. It’s good to have some certainty that NCL will definitely be doing so. I’m quite happy my final payment is not due until mid 2024 as by then it should be pretty obvious whether the situation is under control or has escalated further, in which case I have the luxury to cancel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

Yes they are cancelled.

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

You can still go online and book a cruise for Israel. Guess they need to update the website

🤦‍♂️ WOW! They cancelled. but you can still book them. 

I wonder how long they will remain on the website with the Israeli ports. And I wonder if you call to book one of those cruises whether you will be told that they are not going to Israel.

4 minutes ago, complawyer said:

is it for the entire year of 2024? we're booked for oct 27th thru nov 6th of next year.  i wanted to spend a few days in jerusalem after the cruise, and really wanted to 2 ports in egypt.

The press release stated all of 2024.  Of course that could change in 360 days.

9 minutes ago, complawyer said:

is it for the entire year of 2024? we're booked for oct 27th thru nov 6th of next year.  i wanted to spend a few days in jerusalem after the cruise, and really wanted to 2 ports in egypt.

Read the link in post #2.

15 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I wonder how long they will remain on the website with the Israeli ports. And I wonder if you call to book one of those cruises whether you will be told that they are not going to Israel.

Book one on line. Once the revised itinerary is in place, you’ll be swapped to the new itinerary. 

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Book one on line. Once the revised itinerary is in place, you’ll be swapped to the new itinerary. 

Makes sense, but how do they do the BOGO air if either or both the embarkation and disembarkation port is in Israel?

On 11/2/2023 at 10:26 AM, ontheweb said:

My question is...Why would anyone want to go there during this war? :classic_ohmy:

some of the posters have cruises booked for late in 2024 (as do i) the disembarkation point was tel aviv next nov 6th. i was sincerely hoping that all hostilities would be over long before my sailing date. im sure absolutely no one wants to go there currently while a war is going on, so im sure there was really no need for your question.