Open Seating

socialsea

They have open seating for breakfast and lunch. It just means there are no set tables, and they will seat you where ever. My time is for dinner and you come whenever you want, but you might have to wait for a table, depending on the time. Advance reservations arerecommended.

On one booking a few years ago one of us was listed as "open seating" and the other Mytime.  I wasn't able to make dining reservations until our travel agent fixed this.  So if you try to make reservations in the cruise planner and can't, have whoever made your booking fix the problem.

It is not the same as my time dining. For open seating, no one has any reservation or any specific table.  You can arrive in the dining room at any time during the open seating timeframe.

You just wait your turn in line, they seat you. It is mainly used for breakfast and lunch.  An exception- A few years ago, we had an overnight in Venice. So many people were having dinner off the ship, they just did an open seating,  in one level of the  dining room , for that one dinner.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, socialsea said:

Can someone please tell me what "open seating" means for dining. Is it the same as My time dining??

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes.

No, it is not the same as MTD.  open seating is usually used for breakfast and lunch.  You wait in line and they seat you where ever they want to.