Well, first time Oceania messed up our cruise

no fuss travel

Long story.  We were to fly down to LA tomorrow to take our free cruise on the Vista through the Panama Canal   Our TA booked the airfare through Oceania with Oceania knowing that this was our free cruise in August.  Oceania agreed and sent the invoice for airfare and transfers which we paid in /August.  Now later when someone is reviewing the files at Oceania, it turns out you can't use their air or transfers.  Oceania cancels the airfare without notifying our TA or us.  Our TA found out by accident today when she tried to book a wheelchair as I unfortunately had a bad fall and not quite as mobile as usual , the day before we were to fly.  She is now scrambling to try to get us down to LA and home from Miami.  Oceania head office attitude is tough luck, you shouldn't have booked it with us and you were not allowed too.  Okay I can accept it is against policy, but cancelling and not informing the TA or us is unacceptable.

If this is the way they treat Platinum and above passengers, it sets a bad precedent.  Poor and rude customer service.  Definitely a black mark for Oceania.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

Long story.  We were to fly down to LA tomorrow to take our free cruise on the Vista through the Panama Canal   Our TA booked the airfare through Oceania with Oceania knowing that this was our free cruise in August.  Oceania agreed and sent the invoice for airfare and transfers which we paid in /August.  Now later when someone is reviewing the files at Oceania, it turns out you can't use their air or transfers.  Oceania cancels the airfare without notifying our TA or us.  Our TA found out by accident today when she tried to book a wheelchair as I unfortunately had a bad fall and not quite as mobile as usual , the day before we were to fly.  She is now scrambling to try to get us down to LA and home from Miami.  Oceania head office attitude is tough luck, you shouldn't have booked it with us and you were not allowed too.  Okay I can accept it is against policy, but cancelling and not informing the TA or us is unacceptable.

If this is the way they treat Platinum and above passengers, it sets a bad precedent.  Poor and rude customer service.  Definitely a black mark for Oceania.

WOW! That’s all I can say.

• Like 1

Just now, PhD-iva said:

WOW! That’s all I can say.

Ok, my words are coming back. All the bluster-words from outraged pax who don’t like their revised ME itinerary, I get they’re upset, but they only have half a “leg to stand on.” Shudda known better.

But now, add O’s poor business practices/policies, no quality control at O nor self-respect! 
Thinking twice now!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

Will you explain why Oceania would not allow you you purchase air from them, for your free cruise?

Perhaps I'm not understanding something you have posted.

• Like 1

That is so unacceptable that O would decide something you’ve already paid for based on THEIR invoice is not allowed & not even tell you they canceled. If your TA hadn’t requested the wheelchair would you have discovered this trying to get your suddenly nonexistent boarding pass the day prior to your flight?

Unbelievable!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

That is so unacceptable that O would decide something you’ve already paid for based on THEIR invoice is not allowed & not even tell you they canceled. If your TA hadn’t requested the wheelchair would you have discovered this trying to get your suddenly nonexistent boarding pass the day prior to your flight?

Unbelievable!!!

No we would not have discovered it

• Like 2

I have a significant number of cruise nights booked on O in the next 12 months. I believe we will have some great cruising experiences. However, will forgo opportunity for onboard bookings to get future cruise discounts. Not sure I want to do business long term with a company that operates with such a mean spirited, inconsiderate corporate culture. This is a grotesque example, and even worse is the situation involved with the Riviera cruise through the Red Sea where O is reniging on promises to allow canceling with FCC. This is not the way a customer focused service company should  behave. Something is very wrong with these people.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Ok, my words are coming back. All the bluster-words from outraged pax who don’t like their revised ME itinerary, I get they’re upset, but they only have half a “leg to stand on.” Shudda known better.

But now, add O’s poor business practices/policies, no quality control at O nor self-respect! 
Thinking twice now!

Imagine if they said:

Hi, beloved passengers. If you're on cruise XYZ and don't want to be, just let us know and we'll either give you a full refund or 150% FCC.

BTW I'm guessing they could write off that loss?

I'm glad you made the cruise and sorry this happened to you.  When we had something similar happen(not that close to sail date) I have become pretty manic about checking air arrangements very frequently to make sure nothing has happened.  Mostly I don't book air with cruiselines, it seems there are too many chances of something going wrong.

• Like 2