LIVE - Ruby Princess, Nov 6 - 20, 14-day Circle Caribbean

aring75

8 hours ago, aring75 said:

I think this is the first time I took a picture, but they bring a basket of rolls to the table each night. 

IMG_2684.thumb.jpeg.4dcafc71ea8d070dd15f137ebf95d7dd.jpeg

For those that may not be aware, the swirl roll is usually only made on the 2nd Formal/dress to impress dinner. It is one of my favorites, I believe it is onion seed/Gorgonzola. One time, I ate late and was told they were all gone.

• Like 3

That was a super easy disembarkation process 

lines at IC for a quick breakfast weren’t too long, compared to the coffee line (got a double espresso on ice the night before and put it in the fridge, was still in parts with ice)

Then walked my luggage out by myself (easy when staying on deck 5 as no elevator is needed),  bit of waiting time before the escalator/elevator down, but luggage was already starting to arrive at 7.45 am, Face ID at arrival worked even for non US passport holders, no line at all

lyft to the beach area worked out at 11 $ with a bit of waiting time - no issue at all, thought it was a lot more expensive with 5 other ships in port this morning 

• Like 2

We just got off this sailing and need help finding someone. If anybody  sailed this cruise and knows Lynn and Tony (French) I would appreciate if you can provide their contact email address. Thank you in advance. 

Hi Lynn and French, if by any chance you read this message please email me since I accidentally lost your phone number. 
ceciliacruises@gmail.com

Cecilia(Cici)

On 11/17/2023 at 2:05 PM, aring75 said:

Found our lunch spot and watched as Celebrity Beyond maneuvered her way into the berth next to Ruby. 

IMG_2650.thumb.jpeg.c324ab634eef1ce124b1204c9210a639.jpeg

IMG_2652.thumb.jpeg.bff793092c529536a8a45efe74dfcbd9.jpeg

IMG_2651.thumb.jpeg.e0c82d0b773e0b16720c1d29f761a1d2.jpeg

IMG_2656.thumb.jpeg.7bcb7d89f9f0dd83a266dda4bac8d41f.jpeg

We have a Lucy's down the street from us in Biloxi - same glasses, same menu!

• Like 1

That was the easiest disembarkation that we’ve ever experienced!

We walked off at 8:15 a.m after a leisurely breakfast at the buffet.

Deck 5 had no exit lineup but it appeared they were using Deck 6 for the larger timed groups.

Despite having an assigned 8:45 am departure bag tag, our luggage was already waiting for us in the terminal by 8:15, and there were several agents to point you to the right section.

The facial recognition technology in the terminal sure speeds things up!

The only snag was the long lineups for transfer buses outside the terminal…if you simply wanted a taxi to the airport, you had to muscle your way through the folks waiting for their bus. A bit chaotic.

Otherwise, it was very easy to disembark and get a taxi, and we were inside the FLL airport by 8:45 a.m.

• Like 3

Made it home and I agree with everyone else that it was an easy disembarkation. We requested a later time slot since we were driving (I did not want to deal with 8:00 am traffic on a Monday morning. Ugh.)

Our number was scheduled to be called at 9:00 am, but they were ahead of schedule and called us at 8:45. Quick process through the terminal since they use facial recognition for customs and immigration procedures. We were loading our luggage in the back of the car in the parking garage by 9:05. 

Overall we really enjoyed the 14 days. Princess obviously has implemented many cutbacks and cost-saving measures that are, at times, noticeable. But, to be honest, I don’t think the changes are much different or any more drastic than what every other cruise line is doing right now. We are planning a cruise to Alaska next year on Majestic Princess, so I look forward to comparing our experiences. 

Thanks everyone for following along, and thank you to @schnapperin and @LidoLiz especially for adding their commentary and information along the way! I loved hearing about all the other things happening that we didn’t experience. 

Until next time, happy sails!

…and now the laundry begins. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4