Reservations for shows

bafinegan

It's been over a year since my last Carnival cruise and I'm wondering if Carnival has gone to the reservation system for their shows ( main lounge and comedy club).  Other ships use the ship's ap to make those reservations and was wondering if any recent Carnival cruisers can verify?

Thanks in advance!

baf

I have a feeling that the no-shows for show reservations would be super high, especially since (I assume) it doesn't cost anything to make them.

I am sure lots of people would make them for every night and then decide later whether or not they actually wanted to go.  Does anyone know if  on the lines that do have them, do they open it up to general seating if the folks with reservations don't show up by a certain time (say, 15 minutes beforehand)?

7 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I am sure lots of people would make them for every night and then decide later whether or not they actually wanted to go.  Does anyone know if  on the lines that do have them, do they open it up to general seating if the folks with reservations don't show up by a certain time (say, 15 minutes beforehand)?

yes. both Royal and Norwegian have a standby line for those that do not have a reservation.then about 15 minutes before the show they let you in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Does anyone know if  on the lines that do have them, do they open it up to general seating if the folks with reservations don't show up by a certain time (say, 15 minutes beforehand)?

On Princess, they have a limited amount of reserved seats in the main theater for their regular entertainment for their top tier package holders.  Those seats are opened up 10-15 minutes before the show.

One of the music charter cruises I've been on has reserved seats for those who booked the cruise far enough in advance.  The booking process is far in advance of the cruise, and it's the same seat(s) for every show, all week.  Those seats open up at showtime, not before.