Requesting OBC/Stockperks

ShipWalker

1 hour ago, cfgrandma said:

Finally got the email at 7 pm tonight from Stockperks saying my statement had been approved. I did the Redeem step and just got another email saying that my request for OBC has been successfully submitted to HAL. Also it said they would be in touch in 5 days to confirm that the credit was applied. I will contact my TA in a week about getting a new Booking Confirmation to see if credit was applied.

Glad you were successful!  I would print all the emails and take them when you sail.  I also bring my brokerage statement.  In the past, guest services had given me a print out that showed the different credits.

19 hours ago, Loreto said:

I applied with Stockperks Tuesday Jan. 23. Uploaded a photo of my current statement, got the reply that it was being reviewed and received email confirmation that it was accepted today, Sun Jan 28.  So it did work!

Same experience.

Navigator App confirmed 0900 GMT that OBC was visible.

At 1700 GMT OBC has disappeared from Navigator App.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 hours ago, anniegb said:

Same experience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mine was on there for weeks and then disappeared after my cruise credits had been updated in the system. It may have been inconsequential but it's not there either way.

3 hours ago, anniegb said:

Same experience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I sent my request to HAL by email/PDF requesting OBC fo my March 30th cruise..  I got an email from HAL that they were applying my shareholder OBC at embarkation for me and that in the future I should use Stockperks.  I set up the app and sent the info to see how it works.  Since HAL already said they were applying the credit, I am not going to "claim" it at Stockperks...certainly don't want to confuse anyone!  I will be using Stock perks app for my November cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 4:04 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Please update us once you've worked it out - we're very interested in seeing you get the proper credits and learning how you did it. It shouldn't be this hard 😞

Update as requested. After not hearing anything by Jan 31st, I went to the Sheerid website and under the help section was an option to resend the E-mail. I clicked that, and had the E-mail in seconds. This morning I called HAL, and they were able to apply the AARP credit to both my bookings this year. My assumption is that there was a glitch sending the E-mail, and neither myself or HAL received it, and it went to both of us on the resend. The agent was also able to confirm my shareholder OBC was on the reservation. So all is good for my March cruise. On a side note, after about a week of the stock perks app showing I owned 100  shares, the redeem button became usable. Since I have already obtained the OBC the old way for my March cruise, I have not tried it out. I will try it for my August cruise after the board re-authorizes it this year (I assume they will). Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences and tips here, you all make this site a cornucopia of information.

The call this morning lasted a grand total of 15 minutes and 20 seconds.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 4:44 PM, RedIguana said:

I will try it for my August cruise after the board re-authorizes it this year (I assume they will).

See the Carnival corp publication with all information about shareholders benefit: they already did: untill December 31st, 2024.  So you can go ahead (I already did for our August cruise with success 😉).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MAVIP said:

See the Carnival corp publication with all information about shareholders benefit: they already did: untill December 31st, 2024.  So you can go ahead (I already did for our August cruise with success 😉).

Thanks. I put it through on March 5th and is already approved. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seamus6 said:

how does it know where to send the confirmation email?

it never asked me my email address on the set up

We're you logged in under your google/g-mail account when you did the setup? If you have Gmail check that.

• 2 weeks later...

well I think it must have grabbed my email from my apple account which is how I logged in.  I still don't see it my profile anywhere but it processes my OBS both steps and says it's done though its been a few days and I don't see it in the HAL app.  I guess it will show up.

Thanks for the suggestions

I just now went to send in my e-mail to apply for shareholder OBC for May 5, 2024 HAL sailing and found out we must use stockperk app now.  I successfully downloaded the app (I am old but fairly device literate), created account, navigated to Carnival, then Holland America, selected manual upload, got a picture of my redacted screenshot from my brokerage page, and then stalled out on the uploading image part of the process. I FINALLY noticed the box at top where I put my full name was missing my middle initial, put that in, and the image uploaded and was immediately accepted.  Did not have to give my brokerage account number, which I had redacted on the uploaded copy.  I went ahead and filled out the Redeem Perk immediately afterward, and that seemed to go through successfully, as well.  I am anticipating to be notified by either stockperk or HAL within a few days that my OBC has been credited.  - Juju 

• Like 2

Redeemed my perk March 21.  Today, eight days later, received the following from Stockperks:

Hi - just wanted to update you that there's been a processing delay for your recently submitted claim(s) but you should hear back early next week

Thanks for your patience

--

Zac 

Customer Support Team

On 3/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, Big Dawg CC said:

Redeemed my perk March 21.  Today, eight days later, received the following from Stockperks:

Hi - just wanted to update you that there's been a processing delay for your recently submitted claim(s) but you should hear back early next week

Thanks for your patience

--

Zac 

Customer Support Team

We had the same email but can confirm our perk came through today New Zealand time for an August sailing. 

Good luck with your perk. 

8 hours ago, Kiwifan56 said:

We had the same email but can confirm our perk came through today New Zealand time for an August sailing. 

Good luck with your perk. 

Mine came through yesterday

On 1/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, anniegb said:

Same experience.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Where did you see the OBC on navigator app?

Mine came through yesterday as well - two notifications, both from stockperks.  One said my ownership of 100 shares had been verified.  Second one said my shipboard credit had been successfully applied.

1 hour ago, Bethcb said:

Where did you see the OBC on navigator app?

Mine was added this morning & shows on the app under my Account, in the cruise credits, deposits section at the very bottom

So this stockperk app is fairly new for HAL, at least newly being required method.  So this question may not yet have come up.

So I have submitted my proof of ownership at the end of February (I can’t and wouldn’t provide access to my broker account) and my ownership is verified.  I have applied against a future cruise and it has been processed.  All good.

My question is, how often do we need to verify our ownership? Like if I book another cruise, will I have to verify again (which is fine - same as old process) or is my ownership confirmed for some period of time, ie 3 months, a year from submission, each calendar year, each CCL program extension?

Anyone with experience so far or perhaps on a different CCL line.

• Like 2

Not an answer to your question but something I did.

As soon as  had confirmation from my PCC that the credit was in my HA account, I deleted the app. It was one of those things that after dealing with it, one felt like a shower was needed.

Anyway, was gone in seconds and I can always download it again when needed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bajakiter said:

Not an answer to your question but something I did.

As soon as  had confirmation from my PCC that the credit was in my HA account, I deleted the app. It was one of those things that after dealing with it, one felt like a shower was needed.

Anyway, was gone in seconds and I can always download it again when needed.

That's a great idea.  I believe I will go do it right now!  Thanks!

• Like 1

I have been trying to use the Stockperks app on my new iPhone for the past week. Numerous emails from Stockperks either saying my submission had problems and the submission was successful. Nothing directly from HAL. This morning I received this:

Hello

We realize there may have been an issue with your recent submission via the Stockperks app.  

There was unfortunately a glitch that impacted some users resulting in blank data being received in our system. 

We have now resolved the issue, however we ask that you go back into the app and resubmit your claim.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion but want to ensure you get the shareholder benefits you deserve.  

Please contact us if you have any issues. 

Kind regards

The Stockperks Support Team
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Flh4.googleusercontent.com%2F-F1bzeDO77tS0PqC89pBNq0iJcoRtA7TO_TwwkT-hqNEH9E0ESMMQM5oQwpArX-d2SIf1OhIYJ1gCjQmn4QluRqXEXTAwRY8f77a34h_6Z3eHkxYyOc6ilAsckcTLJKRfTF4DHQ1&t=1712248003&ymreqid=24411108-5f8f-5295-1c2c-4007d3012300&sig=90VAtM9bKOSR7RkldfzSmA--~D

I hope HAL is saving a lot of money by using Stockperks rather having HAL staff process the requests. I find it to be a horrible process. 
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I tried to redeem my perks a couple days ago. After submitting, I was wondering how they'd know what booking to apply it to as I wasn't asked my booking number. I guessed they'd just apply it to my next cruise.

Next day I received this email saying:

"There has been an issue with your application for onboard credit on your upcoming reservation (Booking #: departing on ). Holland America Line has shown an error as follows:

• The name used in applying for this credit does not match the name on the booking.

Holland America Line has asked you to resubmit your application through the Stockperks app with the correct details and we will endeavor to process your claim promptly."

This email has blanks where my booking number and departure date should be. I wasn't asked for this info when I redeemed my perk so I'm guessing that's why it was denied. I guess that's the glitch.

I tried again to redeem my perk. This time I was asked for my booking number and departure date. Hope it works this time!

Edited by cavecreekguy