Ding Dong, the Germain Champagne is Gone!

Clutj

On 5/12/2024 at 7:19 AM, cricketlover said:

On The Vista two weeks ago we were served Montaudon.

We were on Vista and were also served Moutaudon.

1 hour ago, itzfitz said:

We were on Vista and were also served Moutaudon.

We got off Riveria a month ago and was served Heidseck. 

I personally believe we are at a point where all our ancedotal experiences have little value. Are the port Agents, under Oceania’s instruction, just digging through the warehouses and flushing out all the old stock? A few cases of this and that found here or there that needs to be poured out?

Perhaps the only direction we can receive on this is for someone on board to ask the question directly if the head Somm. I say this realizing the head Somm we had on the Riveria was basically clueless. She taught a wine class and made numerous eras in her presentation while repeatedly she was still learning. She was the head Somm (wine steward )! However, perhaps that person might give information on the intended direction. Where they plan on being in 4-5 months, not where they are now.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:59 PM, Clutj said:

For the very few who are interested, the Heidseck Monopole Blue Top has replaced the Germain as the house champagne on Vista as of the current Panama Canal Eastbound cruise Nov 2023.  Some menus are still catching up, but below is the Horizons proof.  While not up to Montaudon quality from several years ago, it is (to me) an improvement, less sweet… I have noticed a couple other ships getting this upgrade as well. My thanks to management!
(PS, the cookies are still terrible to my taste…)

IMG_1089.jpeg

Just now, chloemonkey said:

I agree with you on BOTH of your reviews!  As I was SO happy not to be spending all that money on the Prestige Bev Pkg to drink that "swill" this past March on the Vista!  Hoping that the new offering is also in place on the Marina come September.....

p.s.....the cookies still suck! lol

My wife just showed me a picture from a current review that someone posted on FB that is on Regatta right now and it's the wine menu from Terrace. It's showing the Montaudon currently being served. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 10:50 AM, Vallesan said:

We are on Marina next Saturday so we shall see!

Hope you write about your experience.  Either way have a safe travel and most enjoyable trip and cruise.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 4:19 AM, cricketlover said:

On The Vista two weeks ago we were served Montaudon.

We were on the Vista's Transpacific in March and they were serving Montaudon. We all really, really enjoyed it 😁

• Like 2