Panorama Nov-Dec 2023 sailings cancelled!

weezal

And understand @sfaaa, I believe Carnival is first going to expect you to exhaust other recovery options. As an example, can your non-refundable tickets be turned into future airline credit, for a fee? (So a SWA passenger, for example, would actually always have zero 'damage' as that is always possible and the credit lasts indefinitely.) Can you make a travel insurance claim? Understand that Carnival reimbursement is 'recovery of last resort' and is strictly limited to $200pp. Explore your other routes first to avoid unnecessary frustration. Good luck. 

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stobe1 said:

That is an email address to send your receipts to, not a website to visit. Plus if you used that exact email address in your post it is wrong. You should be using airreimbursements@carnival.com

Good advice. Thanks.

BTW, Panorama is still docked in Long Beach. I suppose she has until the wee hours to clear the dock for Miracle in the morning. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty confident they can't get a second ship tied up on that pier, even way out at the end in an inaccessible position relative to the terminal. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:36 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Is she really a great ship? I thought she's had chronic, intermittent propulsion problems over the years. (November 2023, June 2023, December 2022, and August 2021. She's only been in service since December 2019) I thought she was Carnival's problem child ship.

Beside the propulsion issues, yes a great ship

It's been the whole Vista class having propulsion issues. In 2019 Vista needed that floating dry dock (After a crane fell on Oasis OTS) and in late 2021, Horizon needed an emergency dry dock causing Liberty and Sunshine to have to rush back in to service in it's place.

Norwegian won a lawsuit against an azipod company for faulty azipods. (Not a great explanation of the situation) I sometimes wonder if there is a similar thing with the Vista class ships

• Like 2

We were booked on the November 18th cruise, so we get the full refund plus 100 percent FCC.  We've already rebooked the Panorama for next April (same cruise minus La Paz) and a Panama Canal cruise in March 2025.  We kept the Grand Suite for both cruises since the cost is pretty much covered.  We were supposed to get the credit today, but nothing yet.  We were driving to Long Beach so no airline refund difficulties.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Beside the propulsion issues, yes a great ship

It's been the whole Vista class having propulsion issues. In 2019 Vista needed that floating dry dock (After a crane fell on Oasis OTS) and in late 2021, Horizon needed an emergency dry dock causing Liberty and Sunshine to have to rush back in to service in it's place.

Norwegian won a lawsuit against an azipod company for faulty azipods. (Not a great explanation of the situation) I sometimes wonder if there is a similar thing with the Vista class ships

I think she's a great ship. Been on her quite a few times and each time was an amazing cruise.

• Like 2

So we successfully reapplied both our refund and our 50% FCC today to an existing cruise. Note, one doesn't necessarily have to book an entirely new cruise. If you have something already booked, you can apply your credit there. Sail on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, jsglow said:

So we successfully reapplied both our refund and our 50% FCC today to an existing cruise. Note, one doesn't necessarily have to book an entirely new cruise. If you have something already booked, you can apply your credit there. Sail on.

Thank you for this info. I was wondering about this as I have a few cruises booked that aren't fully paid. I was on the canceled 11/18 sailing and never even received an email about the cancellation. The only email I received was for my excursions. 

• Like 1

jsglow, thank you for reporting this information.  I was booked on the Dec 2 and wondered how the FCC was going to work.  I have two booked for 2024 and maybe will apply the credit to one of them.  Once I get the refund posted to my credit card, I will have a credit balance and will need to either request a refund check OR charge a payment to my existing bookings.

32 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

jsglow, thank you for reporting this information.  I was booked on the Dec 2 and wondered how the FCC was going to work.  I have two booked for 2024 and maybe will apply the credit to one of them.  Once I get the refund posted to my credit card, I will have a credit balance and will need to either request a refund check OR charge a payment to my existing bookings.

Vegas, just to be clear, you can apply your refund as well. That's what we did today. It'll be a bit of time before credit cards returns get issued. If you call in the next day or two they'll see BOTH your refund AND your FCC online and be able to apply. We moved both today so there won't be any credit card refund for us. This doesn't happen automatically but your PVP or 1-800 can make it happen. It was all electronic entry and showed up as a 'payment' immediately.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

Beside the propulsion issues, yes a great ship.

Isn't that a bit of a "Besides that Mrs.Lincoln how was the play" situation? She may be a fine ship to be on when all is going well. But if she isn't reliable I don't think you can say she is a great ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Isn't that a bit of a "Besides that Mrs.Lincoln how was the play" situation? She may be a fine ship to be on when all is going well. But if she isn't reliable I don't think you can say she is a great ship.

I was on the 10/21 sailing and all went well, no issues. Unfortunately, the problems popped up again with the 2nd sailing after mine but that doesn't mean she's not a great ship.

• Like 1

This is my third canceled cruise in a row. I'm racking up the FCC. I think I'm going to book the grandest suite next time and blow it all buying a fancy watch. 

I have $4,479 in FCC now and $3,950 cash according to my PVP. They keep getting canceled. LOL

Don't pick the cruise I'm going on now I guess. My luck with Carnival is terrible! 

Edited by ashkir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, john91498 said:

@Earthworm Jim out of curiosity, how many times have you been on the Panorama?

Zero. But do great ships have repeated propulsion problems? I have already acknowledged things may be fine while onboard. That doesn't make it great ship, unless you're looking at it as any cruise ship is a great ship, which is kind of true.

I apologize for making this a much bigger issue than it deserved to be and I'll say no more about it. It just seemed odd to say perhaps the least reliable ship in Carnival's fleet is a great one.

1 minute ago, ashkir said:

This is my third canceled cruise in a row. I'm racking up the FCC. I think I'm going to book the grandest suite next time and blow it all buying a fancy watch. 

😳

Kindly post all your future bookings so we all can plan accordingly! 

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Zero. But do great ships have repeated propulsion problems? I have already acknowledged things may be fine while onboard. That doesn't make it great ship, unless you're looking at it as any cruise ship is a great ship, which is kind of true.

I apologize for making this a much bigger issue than it deserved to be and I'll say no more about it. It just seemed odd to say perhaps the least reliable ship in Carnival's fleet is a great one.

My first time on Panorama I had cockroaches in my room (eww!) they fixed it. 

Second time was for my sister's surprise wedding and I really enjoyed myself on it

It seems to be an issue with Vista class.

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

You sound like the people who criticize my Corvette. They've never been in one, never driven one, but it's a terrible car based on what they've read.

Yes, the Vista class has problems, but like I've said before, I've been on the Panorama numerous times. Each time was a great cruise.

Ok, I'm done also. Apologies if I went too far...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jsglow said:

🤯

Well played if you happen to know our personal situation. 😆

😮

I hope you're doing okay!

I got rebooked with almost 3 grand on board credit. Gonna do some luxury shopping lol 

• Like 1