Splendor Rome to Miami 11/13

crusin7

We too, had a nice Thanksgiving onboard.  We ate in CR last night, as well.  They were indeed busy, as everyone seemed to arrive at about the same time (at first opening).  The restaurant opened about 30 minutes earlier (6PM) to accommodate everyone who was eager to "dig in" to an early turkey dinner.  I think the individual speed of service experienced at the various tables probably was most dependent upon the particular wait staff "teams" that were assigned to and handling each of the individual tables/sections.

At our own table of 4, our service was much quicker and more efficient last night than at our previous night's dinner at CR.  And both of our nights at CR were far more efficient than our one night (so far) at Chartreuse.  On Wednesday night, we arrived at Chartreuse at 7:30PM, and didn't leave until about 9:45, missing a lot of the night's performance in the Theater.  Certainly not a "deal breaker", but the overall meal service in Chartreuse from start to finish, took longer than it needed.  But overall, life is still good onboard!

For my own "Turkey dinner" on Thursday night in CR, I actually selected the Branzino filet with a baked potato and sauteed spinach (delicious), while my 3 dinner partners chose the more traditional turkey dinner with all the regular "side fixings".  I thought my own fish selection last night was my best dinner so far on this the cruise.  I would definitely select it again!

After 4 nights onboard, we've had 1 dinner in P7, 2 dinners in CR, and 1 dinner Chartreuse.  For me, the best (so far) was last night's Branzino.  Our 2nd dinner in CR.  I think that tonight (5th night at sea) we'll be giving SM our first try for this cruise.  I've always had "high expectations and experience" at SM and hopefully, my expectation and eagerness will not be "dashed" tonight.  🤞

Yesterday, was our first of two days in the Canary Islands.  We were on Lanzarote.  We selected the tour of the northern part of the island, which included a visit to an underground grotto, an aloe farm, and several stops at beautiful high overlooks for picture taking and bathroom breaks (yea!).

Overnight, we left Lanzarote and sailed to the 2nd island of Santa Cruz, where we are today. My DW and our 2 traveling companions are taking an hour's drive to several high scenic overlooks, a 1 hour hike, a visit to a cigar factory, stopping for some appetizers at a 3rd location, and then heading back to the ship.  I chose to stay onboard today (I often do that on our cruises) and will just be enjoy having the ship to myself!  😜

On our excursion yesterday, I was finally able to meet another fellow longtime CC poster ("Jim B" from Montana) and his charming wife.  What a nice couple!  I've met so many nice folks onboard so far and hope to meet many more before the cruise is over!  Best Regards/More Later.

• Like 4

We walked/hiked from the ship to the city center.  It was worth it!  The town is very charming.

Church

IMG_2882.thumb.jpeg.3359522dd13527c13fc585b114b8d9b3.jpeg

IMG_2899.thumb.jpeg.7c75d4314008281dcc5fb453d186ce46.jpeg

IMG_2912.thumb.jpeg.19e6164a187fa7915b515e1e6982fce1.jpeg

Main Street 

IMG_2879.thumb.jpeg.62adb210177de38e5ddfbb349dc59df1.jpeg

Needed pick me up for return trip 

IMG_2684.thumb.jpeg.ebbbc1abbb62a0afa9889603c21c35f3.jpeg

Edited by crusin7
Duplicate photo
  • Like 3

Best meal ever tonight in Setti Mari!  Timing of service was perfect, wines were very good, service was prompt, and the food itself was wonderful.  We'll certainly be back there again in the next day or two!  Regards.

Edited by pingpong1
  • Like 4

Just like Crisy - We went to the Sunday Brunch Extravaganza today!  Wow!  What a way to spend Sunday morning at sea!  It was all superb.  We got there early as well, so no lines and were immediately seated at a 4-top.  Spent about an hour+ in CR just "grazing"!

As Crisy also said, the internet was horrible for most of the day today.  It has just "come back on" at around 6PM "ocean time".  I guess somebody had to go up to the satellite and change the battery!

Tonight, in about 45 minutes, the 4 of us head off to our first trip to Pacific Rim on this cruise.  Really looking forward to it, although DW has a bit of trepidation.  She is not a real fan of fish or Asian food.  Sooooo...we'll see.  🤞  I'm sure she'll find something she'll like.  I'll report back later.  The entire staff... from room stewards all the way up to the Captain have been superb.  All very welcoming, helpful, and smiling.

More to follow.  Regards to all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

the internet was horrible for most of the day today.  It has just "come back on" at around 6PM "ocean time".  I guess somebody had to go up to the satellite and change the battery!

We are on Splendor for return TA to Europe in late March....so curious. Has the ship had Starlink internet installed yet, and, if not, does anyone know when that is likely to happen? Thanks.

Starlink  has not been installed on Splendor.  We were told today that it would be updated by the summer.  
Before dinner we went to the 6:00 show featuring Lisa Marie Holmes.  She is Fantastic!  We hardly ever see the entertainment.  I would pay to see her.  She sang female icons.  She started with The Way Were.  She and her husband sang Shallow by Lady Gaga. Both superb!

I think @pingpong1 is following us!  We also ate at Pacific Rim tonight.  It was excellent.  I again had the sashimi and steak.  Only new item was the Miso soup with shrimp.  Yummy!

Soup

IMG_3018.thumb.jpeg.ed167e0f2f032f2f55edcf5a43225366.jpeg

Clocks go back another hour tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crusin7 said:

Starlink  has not been installed on Splendor.  We were told today that it would be updated by the summer.  
Before dinner we went to the 6:00 show featuring Lisa Marie Holmes.  She is Fantastic!  We hardly ever see the entertainment.  I would pay to see her.  She sang female icons.  She started with The Way Were.  She and her husband sang Shallow by Lady Gaga. Both superb!

I think @pingpong1 is following us!  We also ate at Pacific Rim tonight.  It was excellent.  I again had the sashimi and steak.  Only new item was the Miso soup with shrimp.  Yummy!

Soup

IMG_3018.thumb.jpeg.ed167e0f2f032f2f55edcf5a43225366.jpeg

Clocks go back another hour tonight.

I really hope "summer" is by July 25 as we will be on Splendor for 18 nights from Reykjavik to London in July.  Please keep sending the details of your trip!

Quick question:  we board in Miami for the cruise around South America.  On previous cruises I run first thing in the morning and then stop by the coffee bar and get two lattes "to go" to bring to our room.  I've heard that Regent no longer provides "go cups" for coffee.  Is that correct?  I hate to have to balance two coffee cups walking around the ship at 7am.

Thanks

Good Morning!

IMG_3070.thumb.jpeg.dacad698ce28cd9a71a9d134ceb87620.jpeg

This beautiful moon has been adding so much joy to our voyage.  We ate in Chartreuse last night and were seated at the back of the restaurant.  The moon escaped from the clouds and lit up the night sky.  The restaurant has darkened windows so picture taking is not possible.  It was breathtaking!

Steak Tartare 

IMG_3061.thumb.jpeg.2f5d5a70ba57792624d7102b7865a4cb.jpeg

Duck

IMG_3063.thumb.jpeg.b2a1a196da07dad263e0d6f57eece3cd.jpeg

Lemon Bavarian Cream with Berries 

IMG_3066.thumb.jpeg.0876980425118739881822a93ba628ff.jpeg

The food and service were excellent.  The best of the cruise.  

Internet was very iffy yesterday.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2023 at 8:35 AM, crusin7 said:

Yes, it’s true there are no more paper cups. Maybe you could bring 2 lidded mugs from home.  I was going to bring my Hydro Flask but forgot it.  

They did sell Regent branded reusable plastic to go coffee cups in the gift shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Would be nice if they gave those away as an option to the worthless heavy Vero water containers. 

You can get one with your prize points. It might be a different one than the one sold in the boutique, but I was disappointed with my prize one because the heat from my coffee went right through and burned my hand :-(.

4 minutes ago, RELS said:

You can get one with your prize points. It might be a different one than the one sold in the boutique, but I was disappointed with my prize one because the heat from my coffee went right through and burned my hand :-(.

Well, I would hope the one they sell you is better than that!

On 11/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, crusin7 said:

The brunch was very nice. We got there 15 minutes after it opened.  No lines.  Not many people.

Prime Rib

IMG_3010.thumb.jpeg.6f951825cb4dd43fb553bcc2f31134f8.jpeg

Shrimp 

IMG_3011.thumb.jpeg.6369291744116d6f0befc6904bdae65e.jpeg

Mussels 

IMG_3012.thumb.jpeg.94d74ef7bbab1e00838df62a533d8d6a.jpeg

Sushi

IMG_3002.thumb.jpeg.cb1ed328ebfea8ddd3c28a07ca853570.jpeg

A Norovirus breeding ground.

You can't trust people at a buffet.