No More FAS plus? Or a glitch?

DrUrsula

6 hours ago, DebbieCruises said:

Thank you.  I thought I had totally remembered it incorrectly.  That would be $2058 for our 21 days.  They have the Premium Plus Beverage Package just by itself listed for nearly $7000 for the two of us for the 21 days on the website.😲 I was shocked to say the least!  I guess I will give them a call and see if I can get the FAS+ over the phone.  I have been checking on-line for the last few days unsuccessfully.  It's good to know it's not just me though.  Thanks again!

You’re welcome.  The $7k is the retail price not the upgrade price.  To upgrade to Premium Plus it’s $34.80pppd.  There should be another listing in the upgrade offers part of the planner that will be just the upgrade as long as you took the FAS unlimited package.

Edited by Liljo22

One thing I've noticed is that if you separately upgraded your Wi-Fi, specialty dining, or beverage package, Free at Sea Plus won't show up for you. You can still get it, but you would need to call in. The rep will need to remove whatever upgrade you selected, then add Free at Sea Plus for you. That may explain why some are not seeing it....or NCL is just being NCL. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, evanskl4 said:

Still not showing for my cruise that departs Saturday, but I have the confirmation email in case there are issues!

It should be on your eDocs. We had check in Sunday and it is on my eDocs. It isn't showing on any of my future cruises.

I'll take it one cruise at a time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

One thing I've noticed is that if you separately upgraded your Wi-Fi, specialty dining, or beverage package, Free at Sea Plus won't show up for you. You can still get it, but you would need to call in. The rep will need to remove whatever upgrade you selected, then add Free at Sea Plus for you. That may explain why some are not seeing it....or NCL is just being NCL. 

My whole other social media group is not showing it anywhere but on eDocs -which is fine! We all purchased it as FAS plus. But you make a good point for others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2023 at 10:56 PM, Russiamomm said:

Same!  I really hope this is a glitch.  I’m not seeing an email confirmation that it was purchased either, but we did book a lot of shore excursions and they gave us the extra $50 off for each one.  

I got a confirmation from our TA on 11/8 when we paid for it for our cruise that sails next March. We bought soda packages for the kids at the same time. If I go on the NCL site or app, the soda packages appear in what we've purchased, but the FAS+ does not, just the regular FAS stuff, except for the extra $50 off excursions. Very odd.

I have proof I paid NCL for it and have a TA who has my back, so I know it will be fine, especially considering we are 130+ days out, but it's annoying when these glitches happen.

NCL's WEB site has been funky the last several weeks.  It's slow and glitchy.

I don't know if they're revamping it (just a guess on my part), or they hired some kindergarten kids to support it.

Either way, it has to cost them business if there isn't accurate cabin availability and revenue producing "upgrade" purchase opportunities.

That said, I keep an eye on the cruise I booked for February on the Prima.  We're ~80 days out and the Haven and Suite categories are showing sold out, which seems a bit early for those categories to be already unavailable.  

But, who knows?  Bookings may very well be that strong.

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

I got a confirmation from our TA on 11/8 when we paid for it for our cruise that sails next March. We bought soda packages for the kids at the same time. If I go on the NCL site or app, the soda packages appear in what we've purchased, but the FAS+ does not, just the regular FAS stuff, except for the extra $50 off excursions. Very odd.

I have proof I paid NCL for it and have a TA who has my back, so I know it will be fine, especially considering we are 130+ days out, but it's annoying when these glitches happen.

It is annoying, but I’m going to give it a few days before raising a stink.  We bought the FAS+ last week and booked several excursions the same day.  The $59 was taken off for both of us.  Otherwise our account is showing the same as you.  I looked for the confirmation that we bought the FAS+, but not finding an email and it’s not on my account.  I do have the credit card charge though. 

33 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

It is annoying, but I’m going to give it a few days before raising a stink.  We bought the FAS+ last week and booked several excursions the same day.  The $59 was taken off for both of us.  Otherwise our account is showing the same as you.  I looked for the confirmation that we bought the FAS+, but not finding an email and it’s not on my account.  I do have the credit card charge though. 

Do you have FASUP on your last cruise confirmation from NCL?  BTW we’re in the same boat as you with only the excursion credit showing on our account.

15 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Do you have FASUP on your last cruise confirmation from NCL?  BTW we’re in the same boat as you with only the excursion credit showing on our account.

No.  And that’s what scares me.  We just got it last week and immediately booked the excursions.  I have the confirmation for the excursions which show both of us getting $50 off, but I never got a confirmation email for buying the FAS+.  Last week it showed as a purchased item.  Now it doesn’t.

36 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

No.  And that’s what scares me.  We just got it last week and immediately booked the excursions.  I have the confirmation for the excursions which show both of us getting $50 off, but I never got a confirmation email for buying the FAS+.  Last week it showed as a purchased item.  Now it doesn’t.

I would call or chat and ask for one.

36 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

When are you cruising? Mine shows up on eDocs. I would call and ask for a confirmation email. I had the charge on my Amex but they never sent a FAS confirmation.

good luck!

3 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I would call or chat and ask for one.

3 minutes ago, DrUrsula said:

When are you cruising? Mine shows up on eDocs. I would call and ask for a confirmation email. I had the charge on my Amex but they never sent a FAS confirmation.

good luck!

Thanks.  We’re not sailing until May.  I will call later this week if it’s not straightened out. 

I called this morning and confirmed it was on there.  Got a new confirmation showing it.  It also shows in my account now so it appears to be fixed.

Of course now I can’t seem to log into my account from the iPad that I always use.  Can log into the app on both the phone and iPad.  Can also log into the website from the phone.  But not the iPad.  Another glitch?  Sigh.

My problem is related but quite wacky. I bought FAS+ a while ago, and it showed up everywhere just fine. Then, a few weeks ago I decided to upgrade the unlimited wifi to premium unlimited wifi with streaming. You can only do that over the phone, which I did. However afterwards, I noticed on both the app and the website, that it no longer shows me as having purchased FAS+ nor the wifi upgrade. It actually was offering FAS+ for me to purchase again. I called a few different times to NCL - both the main # and the technical support desk - and no one could figure it out, but I was assured it shoed on my reservation. Luckily I did get an email confirmation that shows it all, including payments. I asked whether the system that generated that confirmation is the system they use to check people in at the cruise terminal (I didn't want to have to waste time dealing with this once I'm on vacation) and they said yes. So it seems that the website/app is quite funky when it comes to FAS+. 🤷‍♂️

Go figure...NOT there now!🙄

I haven't gotten a Move Up email either, & when I click on it on the app it says "not available"

Others on this sailing (Jan Prima) have gotten Move Up offers.

It was booked thru CAS--could that be it?

58 minutes ago, KKB said:

Go figure...NOT there now!🙄

I haven't gotten a Move Up email either, & when I click on it on the app it says "not available"

Others on this sailing (Jan Prima) have gotten Move Up offers.

It was booked thru CAS--could that be it?

I also booked through CAS.  We purchased FAS+ for a May cruise last week.  Earlier this week it wasn’t showing.  I called NCL (the general number, not CAS).  They send me a new invoice showing it and around 12 hours later it showed back up in my account.

I’m not sure about the Upgrade issue.  I always book through CAS and have always been able to bid for upgrades.