Mockingbird Band on Sky Princess Transatlantic

Pat King

Hard to find a superlative good enough for the band aboard. People start to dance almost from the first note. Sweet, personable, approachable band members, and great song lists. Mockingbird is the name.

On a side note, Alfredo's is still serving really good food, but is deserted. We have been twice for dinner in 3 days, and were almost the only patrons there. The new policy does not seem to be working well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pat King said:

Hard to find a superlative good enough for the band aboard. People start to dance almost from the first note. Sweet, personable, approachable band members, and great song lists. Mockingbird is the name.

On a side note, Alfredo's is still serving really good food, but is deserted. We have been twice for dinner in 3 days, and were almost the only patrons there. The new policy does not seem to be working well.

We always use to go to Alfredo’s once a cruise. Food was good, but not worth paying extra. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re on an early January cruise on Sky, hopefully band stays on!  As a native upstate NYer (not to be confused with NYC, I learned to play golf in my bare feet), pizza is my kryptonite!  We love Alfredo’s, but we always go premium so most changes don’t effect us, some actually helped.  It may be working exactly as planned…to free up space?

Just now, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Where does the band play?  We are on in 2 weeks and love listening to music in Take 5.  Do they play there or in the other lounges?  What else is playing in Take 5 right now?  And do a lot of bands leave after a TA and the ship starts with new people?

Quite often in Vista Lounge. Today they were playing outside at the pool area. I think they have played (or will be playing) in the Piazza.  I don't think that they do Take Five...maybe.

Last night they did one of the best Classic Rock sets I have ever heard on a cruise ship. 

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Last night they did one of the best Classic Rock sets I have ever heard on a cruise ship. 

Whole Lotta Love Led Zepplin cover among others. And the guitarist almost outdid Mark Knopfler!

Edited by Pat King
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pat King said:

If that was the plan, it worked. Now you have another  underused dining space that used to be busy and fun.

It’s a big business and fluid.  My wife and I were chatting about it, we love Alfredo’s but would an O’malleys make more sense having free pizza with Slice by the pool?  Man, I hope that band sticks around!

We also love Mockingbird.  Not only extremely talented but such a nice group of entertainers.  
Can someone ask them if they will still be on the Sky Princess in late January?  I know someone who has a cruise booked then.  
I understand they will be moving to the Discovery at the end of February.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We also love Mockingbird.  Not only extremely talented but such a nice group of entertainers.  
Can someone ask them if they will still be on the Sky Princess in late January?  I know someone who has a cruise booked then.  
I understand they will be moving to the Discovery at the end of February.  

IMG_5232.jpeg

• Thanks 1