Can you bring a new bottle of hot sauce on the ship ?

sebas030

Obviously this is a "light" subject. This is not a "make or break" situation at all.

Hot sauce ( i.e. Tabasco, Red hot, etc... ) is part of almost every meal at home.

Can I bring a new, unoppened bottle of hot sauce on the ship at embarkation to use on the ship ?

Our plan in our 5 ports is to buy a local hot sauce to bring back home after the cruise, I guess this will not be a problem, right ?!?

Thank you all in advance,

Yes, I think I've seen others mention this in case they dont have a certain flavor hot sauce / spice whatever you may add to you meals.. I am taking a small bottle of hot sauce so I KNOW I have it for my eggs in the AM lol.. Just trying to decide if I wanna go full middle age with my hot sauce holster 😄, heck I already have the new balance shoes 😄

• Haha 2

That's funny. We bought two bottles of limoncello in Rome before boarding in Civatawhatever...carried them right on the ship in the bag the store put them in...and nobody said a word.

From the FAQ, above...

• Alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind 
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

That's funny. We bought two bottles of limoncello in Rome before boarding in Civatawhatever...carried them right on the ship in the bag the store put them in...and nobody said a word.

From the FAQ, above...

That was always about profits, and NCL has now figured out that people who drink will take the free package.  If they bring some more of their own, it will just reduce NCL costs.  As a shareholder, I like that!!

disclaimer: that was a joke.  As a shareholder I'm only in it for the OBC.  The rest is just noise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Yes, I think I've seen others mention this in case they dont have a certain flavor hot sauce / spice whatever you may add to you meals.. I am taking a small bottle of hot sauce so I KNOW I have it for my eggs in the AM lol.. Just trying to decide if I wanna go full middle age with my hot sauce holster 😄, heck I already have the new balance shoes 😄

HEY! I just bought a pair of New Balance shoes online yesterday. That match my Hawaiian shirt.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Thank you for the "real life" experience.

I am not at the point of having a holster for the sauce but... 😉

At home I have a minimum of 10 different hot sauce on hand at all time with different flavor profile and different heat. So I will bring 1 or 2 onboard for sure. Thank you !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

From the FAQ, above...

Regardless of the official policy, the way that it is dealt with onboard has always been very hit and miss.

Pre beverage package, we almost always brought a few bottles onboard. It was about 50:50 whether they charged us.

18 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

They certainly have Tabasco available all the time everywhere it seems.

Good luck hunting those bottles down. Just like the OP and others have said…we’re bringing our own next cruise.  Or, we could just book the Haven. ☺️

14 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Good luck hunting those bottles down. Just like the OP and others have said…we’re bringing our own next cruise.  Or, we could just book the Haven. ☺️

Plus all the other fingers and hands that get to touch them... 

edit:  heck, maybe we'll take our own ketchup and stuff too lol

Edited by D_And_K_gocruising
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I know…I try not to think about that…but I always do.

The only time I think about it is when I reach over for the salt and pepper, or ketchup....and my hands get all greasy! Then I realize how nasty it is. Argh! See! This happens even in the Haven. 😉 

39 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Plus all the other fingers and hands that get to touch them... 

edit:  heck, maybe we'll take our own ketchup and stuff too lol

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

The only time I think about it is when I reach over for the salt and pepper, or ketchup....and my hands get all greasy! Then I realize how nasty it is. Argh! See! This happens even in the Haven. 😉 

And this is why I use a napkin to pick up the condiment containers. They really gross me out!

• Like 2

On our recent NCL cruise we took a bottle of brown sauce (the brown sauce they use onboard is HP, and that contains rye which we can't have as we have to be gluten free).

For similar reasons, we also took our own bottle of vinegar (wanted vinegar that didn't contain barley malt for when we had french fries).

The cruise before that (also NCL) we bought a jar of jam and container of butter spread when we were in port - they'd run out of the individually portioned/wrapped stuff, and reverted to big bowls of butter and jam, which is no good from a cross contamination point of view (coeliac). We did try asking for fresh butter, which they were happy to do, but it took 15 minutes, so it seemed easier just to grab our own supplies.

We frequently take packaged food onboard and it has never been an issue.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

They certainly have Tabasco available all the time everywhere it seems.

Love hot sauces.  Hate Tabasco.  I don't blame the OP for wanting something with more flavor/bite.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JGmf said:

Love hot sauces.  Hate Tabasco.  I don't blame the OP for wanting something with more flavor/bite.

I don't even have Tabasco at home. I am a fan of hot sauce with a range of flavors.

Thank you for understanding that there is a LOT more than Tabasco !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sebas030 said:

I don't even have Tabasco at home. I am a fan of hot sauce with a range of flavors.

Thank you for understanding that there is a LOT more than Tabasco !

Telling a hot sauce lover, "They have Tabasco on board" is like telling a beer lover, "They have Bud Light on board."

*insert pukey face here*

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 11/13/2023 at 2:32 PM, sebas030 said:

Obviously this is a "light" subject. This is not a "make or break" situation at all.

Hot sauce ( i.e. Tabasco, Red hot, etc... ) is part of almost every meal at home.

Can I bring a new, unoppened bottle of hot sauce on the ship at embarkation to use on the ship ?

Our plan in our 5 ports is to buy a local hot sauce to bring back home after the cruise, I guess this will not be a problem, right ?!?

Thank you all in advance,

I am 100% sure that you CAN bring that aboard, however whether you MAY bring it aboard or not is a different issue.  I'd just take a small sealed bottle and stick it a purse or pocket.  It they find and and take it away as not allowed, no big loss.