Large inside cabins?

dallascruiser

Besides the Main Deck on Vista (and Signature) class ships, there are also some large I-category cabins on one of the upper decks. I have not been in these cabins, so can't direct you more than that. 
I can say that they are also square cabins, and a few inches larger than the J- and K- cabins on Main Deck. 
Check out the deck plans, and if the inside I-cabins look square, they may be the ones that are
huge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Besides the Main Deck on Vista (and Signature) class ships, there are also some large I-category cabins on one of the upper decks. I have not been in these cabins, so can't direct you more than that. 
I can say that they are also square cabins, and a few inches larger than the J- and K- cabins on Main Deck. 
Check out the deck plans, and if the inside I-cabins look square, they may be the ones that are
huge

Are those Cat I cabins shown above considered "large" insides?  I thought it was just J (and maybe K).  I know that deck plans don't always display the dimensions accurately.  If those are truly large insides, I'll have to check them out.

I absolutely love the J cabins on Vista-class and Eurodam/N. Am ships.  My inside cabin on Rotterdam (for 26 nights) was quite small. I'm looking forward to again begin in a J cabin on Eurodam in January.

Just need to be careful of the location.  I wouldn't want to be portside and under BB Kings.  I use cruisedeckplans dot com and use their "deck drag" option to see what I'm under.  And I prefer the cabins that are not connecting because of the bed layout and trying to watch TV.

EDIT: I just found a photo of 8045 and it does appear to be a large inside.  So, maybe I've been paying a few dollars more for a J when I could have an I and still have all that room (and not have to worry about being under BB Kings!  Thanks, Ruth!

Edited by NCTribeFan
  • Like 1

Some of the I's are incredibly small (my experience is with N.Amsterdam), with only a box-shaped stool at the desk, and no other seating but the bed. I would stick with the J and K on Main, on Vista and Signature ships.

Edited by crystalspin

Yes, the shape (and size) on the deck plans isn't always accurate.  That's why I try to find actual photos (again, I use cruisedeckplans dot com).

So while I'm happy with my upcoming J cabin, I'll keep an eye out for some I category cabins in the future on those ships.

14 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I just found a photo of 8045 and it does appear to be a large inside.  So, maybe I've been paying a few dollars more for a J when I could have an I and still have all that room (and not have to worry about being under BB Kings! 

In your opinion, would that cabin have any noise issues caused from being under the Lido deck? 

3 hours ago, horseymike said:

Anyone know where the largest inside cabins are on the Rotterdam ?

'Largest' is a relative term, as even the largest inside on the Pinnacle ships are still very tiny

I am a confirmed inside cabin girl, with very few exceptions over the years. However, on a Pinnacle class ship I won't go below a veranda category cabin. The handicapped veranda cabin I had was quite spacious, but not much larger (and with a balcony, of course) than the insides I have had on the Vista and Signature ships (Main Deck, only). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RuthC said:

'Largest' is a relative term, as even the largest inside on the Pinnacle ships are still very tiny

I am a confirmed inside cabin girl, with very few exceptions over the years. However, on a Pinnacle class ship I won't go below a veranda category cabin. The handicapped veranda cabin I had was quite spacious, but not much larger (and with a balcony, of course) than the insides I have had on the Vista and Signature ships (Main Deck, only). 

I am going to try the family room next year.  I was able to get one for just a few dollars more than the OV. 

to the OP, though I love the position of the Ks on the 10th floor they are not large in any aspect, they are tiny. 

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuthC said:

Thanks Ruth. I will have to get creative and try for something else other than what I have booked.

Maybe they will offer me a paid upgrade , We already have club orange, so I will investigate.

Always appreciate your advice. 👍

• Thanks 1