Princess app

eagletwo

Does it show no times available? Or give an error of some kind? I booked our December trip last July, and reserved our 2 specialty dinners and 5 MDR nights in August. Even then, some nights were showing as not available - I wanted to book our 2 specialty meals on sea days, as I heard that those are the formal nights in the MDR and I was trying to avoid them, but 1 night showed no times available.

This close in you may have to wait until you get aboard and go to guest services.

8 minutes ago, eagletwo said:

We are 9 days away from our cruise on the Sky Princess. Wife and I are Elite. We have not been able to book Specialty dinning reservations on the app. I have an iPad. Any help would be appreciated. 

We had trouble on our last few cruises as well but what we’ve noticed is that this year, we’ve been able to get reservations at the restaurants we’ve wanted at the times we’ve wanted on every cruise once onboard.  
It appears (and this is just my assumption) that they may only be allowing a certain number of reservations at the specialty restaurants and save ample seating for those with the premier packages to book the specialty restaurants in advance.  I think they were pummeled with a lot of complaints about packages that included specialty dining but no seating available.  

Also make sure when you're looking for times that you scroll all the way to the last entry,  8:40pm, on our cruise in 5 days.  It was the only time slot that had specialty at the Crown once bookings opened up. 

I would have liked earlier, but I grabbed one figuring it's easier to move an existing booking than ask for an entirely new one once on board.

1 hour ago, IndyKid said:

I just saw on YT where Princess is rolling out a new app to replace the current one. The new app is supposed to be rolled out on December 1st, the current one will go away at the end of January.

Attempt number 3 or 4??? 🤣

• Haha 1

The app right now (which has been revised several times) is at least the second app. The first app we used was on the Regal when they first rolled out the medallion. It had something like 3 or 4 different apps if I remember right.

We are just off the Emerald and yes they rolled out a completely new ap that works on iphones but not as well on androids (it would not work on my galaxy S9+ and still will not).  They have tried to patch it for androids but so far no success.  This information comes from the crew member in the internet cafe who essentially told me to get on iphone (when somewhere freezes over!).  My android works well on Carnival so maybe they should hire Carnival to write their ap.

• Like 2

I've had no real problems using the Medallion app doing all the prep work for our upcoming cruise on the Carribean Princess in 3 weeks. Did all our meal planning, excursions, travel document entry, etc. We're both green lane for embarkation. I'll stick with the current app, barring no complications once we get aboard.

• Thanks 1