FLL Terminal 18 - Celebrity

LMHSRN

Celebrity seems to be utilizing Terminal 18 a lot.  What does anyone know about that terminal?

Is there a priority boarding area?   Does it have a Retreat Lounge?  How is the parking?  

If you embark from one terminal and arrive at another, how do you get back to your parking area?

Enquisitive (sp) minds need to know....

Edited by LMHSRN
Spelling

• LMHSRN changed the title to FLL Terminal 18 - Celebrity

I just Got off silhouette yesterday and we docked at 18 instead of 25, because of flooding issues, I think. After a couple days of rain in the area seas and winds were high and we sat off shore until about 11am an I was finally allowed to walk off with my luggage about 12. Not a good disemarkation!. Many of us had to change flights. They had buses to take folks over to parking garage for 25.

All this necessary for safety of course, so everyone was patient but frazzled by the end. All those boarding inconvenienced as well.

Happy to report the cruise itself was wonderful!

• Like 1

In our years of experience 18 is used and was built for Oasis class RCL ships. X uses it during the week if two or more ships are in port on the same day. If you leave from 18 and come back thru 25 or 26 then you use a shuttle bus to back to you parking lot or the main garage. It is not an issue. I like 18 parking better due to access. If you are leaving from 18 and know you are returning to 25 I like to park in garage. You can walk to 18 or take shuttle when embarking, just my preference. No problem either way. Other option is offsite parking. Not for me but many like it for just this reason of different terminals. 

• Like 1

Terminal does not have a Retreat Lounge -  They do have a roped off area to sit with refreshments if you arrive prior to boarding begins.

They have a separate entrance for Suites/Zenith on the left of the general board entrance.  

Inside their is a special Suite and Zenith CheckIn area.    To the right  they have about 40+ CheckIn Counters -   I'm not sure if they have segregated lines for Status as I've never not traveled in a Suite. 

It is an older building but if you arrive at assigned time you should not have a problem to be processed quickly-   If everyone shows up outside of their assigned CheckIn time they have been know to have lines setup outside -   Often if they are not crowded the will let anytime slot board upon arrival. 

They also have a large seating area and if you arrive prior to boarding you will be given a boarding group number and after Suites / Zenith begin boarding they start calling group numbers. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

we prefef 18 for location and convenience of parking!  like the interiir layout as well..very efficient!

the newer terminal  25 has a  long walk to/ from its garage, and a narrow traffic flow to drop off luggage or pax..Alot of money was spent but other than suite boarding area..it's just a big barn with uncomfortable bench seating !  Kind of grin and bear it  b/c your cruise lies ahead!

Just now, hcat said:

we prefef 18 for location and convenience of parking!  like the interiir layout as well..very efficient!

the newer terminal  25 has a  long walk to/ from its garage, and a narrow traffic flow to drop off luggage or pax..Alot of money was spent but other than suite boarding area..it's just a big barn with uncomfortable bench seating !  Kind of grin and bear it  b/c your cruise lies ahead!

going from  one to the other is not always very smooth!  

Edited by hcat

Another reason some Celebrity ships are using Terminal 18 is because of Ascent. Ascent comes into the port the morning of the 19th and docks at Terminal 19. The Reflection uses Terminal 25 on the 19th and departs; Silhouette arrives Terminal 25 on the 20th.

After Silhouette departs the afternoon of the 20th, Ascent moves from 19 to Terminal 25 and remains there till it departs the afternoon of the 22nd. Because Ascent is there for two days, the Equinox uses Terminal 18 on the 21th and the Beyond uses Terminal 18 on the 22nd. Both Beyond and Ascent then depart the afternoon of 22nd. 

Den

13 hours ago, cruisebunny32 said:

Hi.  We are sailing tomorrow on Reflection. Terminal 29.   Do we drop off luggage first and then park?  Is there a shuttle from garages to terminal?  Thanks 

Did you find out if there is a shuttle from the Palm garage to Terminal 29 and what time it starts?

I know when you come home there is a shuttle back.

18 hours ago, cruisebunny32 said:

Hi.  We are sailing tomorrow on Reflection. Terminal 29.   Do we drop off luggage first and then park?  Is there a shuttle from garages to terminal?  Thanks 

I believe that the garage is right across from the Terminal.

On 11/25/2023 at 7:25 PM, Older Sister said:

We’re on the same cruise.  According to the Port Everglades port schedule, the Equinox should be at terminal 25.  

Thank you. I think we sailed from this terminal last year. Looking forward to this cruise.