Embarkation questions Port Canaveral.

Cashsmoney

10 hours ago, ptuder said:

Yes. I am in YC and every week my boarding time changes. I have had 1 pm, 3:30 pm and now 2 pm. All without them asking me my preference. I plan on being aboard for lunch! 🤣

Lunch?  I assure you that I will be having a mid morning glass of champagne in Topsail well before lunch 🙂

to the OP, you can arrive at any time. Worse case scenario is that you comfortably wait in the YC waiting area in the port having a snack and beverage and a chat with fellow excited passengers.

Edited by Morgsmom
typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dd likes to cruise said:

We are not in YC, but are Diamond. Do we have to wait for our printed time?  

MSC does not check the boarding time.  On our last four cruises we just showed up whenever time and there is a line for Diamond members on the right hand side.  Once you complete the procedures (including re-take the picture) they would let you board (if the ship is already cleared).

As a cautionary note, yesterday's Seashore departure from Port Canaveral was a hot mess.  Friends waited in security lines for hours to even get into terminal. The YC area ran out of seats and beverages (the horror!)  Boarding did not begin until well after 1pm and the ship left about 8:45pm.

Many stories were told but the scuttlebutt was some B2Bers who did not want to get off and turn around.  They couldn't be located.  Can't say if that was true or not but an entire ship of Thanksgiving week cruisers were backed up.  So even though you theoretically can get to the port at 10am you might be waiting hours.

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

As a cautionary note, yesterday's Seashore departure from Port Canaveral was a hot mess.  Friends waited in security lines for hours to even get into terminal. The YC area ran out of seats and beverages (the horror!)  Boarding did not begin until well after 1pm and the ship left about 8:45pm.

Many stories were told but the scuttlebutt was some B2Bers who did not want to get off and turn around.  They couldn't be located.  Can't say if that was true or not but an entire ship of Thanksgiving week cruisers were backed up.  So even though you theoretically can get to the port at 10am you might be waiting hours.

Hope your friends aren't @go.without.you and Janelle!  They are getting bad luck with bad babies and slow service.  Feel sorry for them!

We will be in the Yacht Club this coming Sunday. My wife recently injured her knee. She can walk short distances with a cane. I called and arranged for wheelchair assistance for embarkation and disembarkation, and we rented a scooter that will be waiting in the cabin. How far will she have to walk before she gets a wheelchair at check-in? I read another post where the porters didn't want to be bothered with luggage for the Yacht Club. Will we have a problem getting our luggage to the white tent? We never had to worry about accessibility before.

10 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Are you sure it was Seashore?

I only ask because we came in on Seaside. We were late into port.  We were walk off but made the mistake of waiting to get off. We were trying to delay getting the rental car so we didn’t have to wait at the airport so long the next day. 
It was a mess getting off. Apparently luggage hadn’t made it to the terminal and they wouldn’t let people move until all the luggage was in the terminal. There was a long long long line to get off that didn’t move for a long time. We didn’t get off until close to 12 and there were still people behind us who hadn’t even been called to debark her. 
When we finally got off the shuttle driver told us there was a line of traffic of people waiting to get into the parking garage.  They would let anyone in until our ship got off. 
I can’t imagine embarkation wasnt messed up. 

2 hours ago, Falckon said:

We will be in the Yacht Club this coming Sunday. My wife recently injured her knee. She can walk short distances with a cane. I called and arranged for wheelchair assistance for embarkation and disembarkation, and we rented a scooter that will be waiting in the cabin. How far will she have to walk before she gets a wheelchair at check-in? I read another post where the porters didn't want to be bothered with luggage for the Yacht Club. Will we have a problem getting our luggage to the white tent? We never had to worry about accessibility before.

My aunt did this for the seashore departure mentioned above. She will have to walk to the terminal, up the elevator and through check-in without a wheelchair. You can drop her off while parking but there is no seating before going through security, so she'll either need to clear security solo or wait for you standing up. With 

They will pick you up and take you on the ship.

It is not a long distance to walk but it's not short either. There will also be standing while getting through the lines. If you weren't in YC, they have a separate handicap check-in at the far end of the check-in lines. There is a seating area right next to it, so she could sit while you wait in line (which was very short compared to regular check-in). YC has a dedicated check in area with chairs. 

Now some bad notes, during the departure issues mentioned in the post above, she was standing outside the terminal for over an hour with no seating. YC was in the same boat as they stopped putting people through security. 

The scooter was not delivered until the next morning (but was obviously delivered to MSC before we left port).

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

Are you sure it was Seashore?

I only ask because we came in on Seaside. We were late into port.  We were walk off but made the mistake of waiting to get off. We were trying to delay getting the rental car so we didn’t have to wait at the airport so long the next day. 
It was a mess getting off. Apparently luggage hadn’t made it to the terminal and they wouldn’t let people move until all the luggage was in the terminal. There was a long long long line to get off that didn’t move for a long time. We didn’t get off until close to 12 and there were still people behind us who hadn’t even been called to debark her. 
When we finally got off the shuttle driver told us there was a line of traffic of people waiting to get into the parking garage.  They would let anyone in until our ship got off. 
I can’t imagine embarkation wasnt messed up. 

Yes 💯 Seashore 

2 hours ago, MechE31 said:

Now some bad notes, during the departure issues mentioned in the post above, she was standing outside the terminal for over an hour with no seating. YC was in the same boat as they stopped putting people through security. 

The scooter was not delivered until the next morning (but was obviously delivered to MSC before we left port).

Thank you. I hope things are better on Sunday.

3 hours ago, CONCH65 said:

Wait, is there a separate baggage drop area for Yacht Club members at Port Canaveral? We are first time YC guests on this Sunday's departure as well.

I think this might receive more responses in a thread of its own. Try that.

16 hours ago, CONCH65 said:

Wait, is there a separate baggage drop area for Yacht Club members at Port Canaveral? We are first time YC guests on this Sunday's departure as well.

Yes.  there is a tent set up, closest to where you enter the terminal.  You won't miss it. 

54 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Yes.  there is a tent set up, closest to where you enter the terminal.  You won't miss it. 

Actually, our question is whether you can drive up to the white tent and drop off baggage, or do you have to drag your bags from the general baggage drop off area before parking?

On 11/23/2023 at 9:03 AM, Falckon said:

Actually, our question is whether you can drive up to the white tent and drop off baggage, or do you have to drag your bags from the general baggage drop off area before parking?

Terminal 10 at Port Canaveral is all messed up right now for luggage drop off. The front surface parking lot is under construction for an additional parking garage. Baggage drop has been moved to the front lower level of the main terminal building. Even the crosswalk at the entry drive has been moved for the construction. You will need to park first and bring your luggage to the drop area. Make sure you look for the Yacht Club drop area. Ask the porters to be sure. This may be the time to use off-site parking even though I hate that idea. The White Tent is still at the bottom of the escalator into the terminal. 

8 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

Terminal 10 at Port Canaveral is all messed up right now for luggage drop off. The front surface parking lot is under construction for an additional parking garage. Baggage drop has been moved to the front lower level of the main terminal building. Even the crosswalk at the entry drive has been moved for the construction. You will need to park first and bring your luggage to the drop area. Make sure you look for the Yacht Club drop area. Ask the porters to be sure. This may be the time to use off-site parking even though I hate that idea. The White Tent is still at the bottom of the escalator into the terminal. 

Thank you for the warning! I guess we will manage.