Thermal suite questions

Moriah

I just purchased a pass to Rotterdam's thermal suite for my upcoming 9 day cruise.  I have two questions:

Doesn't use of the thermal suite start on embarkation day? On the receipt it says my pass begins on Saturday, Nov. 25, and is a "Nine day pass".  But.. the cruise leaves on Nov. 24.  If I can't access the spa until the next day, it only adds up to 8 days since we disembark on Sunday, Dec. 3 and obviously I would not be using it that day... is there something I'm not getting right?   I seem to remember that on the Vista ships, when I purchased the pass for the entire cruise, I was able to sue it on the first day...

Second question: Does money spent before the cruise, for example for the aforementioned pre-purchased spa pass, count for mariner "days"?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Once they get the raffle over (usually right at sail away time or close to it), there was access for those who had purchased it afterwards in the evening when I had it.

I would check with the spa once you board - there may be more flexibility than I recall.

• Like 2

We were just in the Rotterdam early November 2023 and on sail away day the thermal suite was open from 7:00pm to 10:00pm and all the other days it was open 8:00am to 10:00pm except on the last night of the cruise it closed at 7:00pm for cleaning.  Also one night they had a ladies night that costed $39.00.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've always been able to use the thermal pass on embarkation day, athough hours may be slightly altered. I have not been on Rotterdam, but would expect the policy to be the same across the fleet.

Enjoy!!

• 3 months later...

How busy does the thermal suite get? I’d hate to pay for a lot of stress worrying about whether a place like the heated loungers  be available or if the towel people reserved everything. 
it looks like a nice place to pass the time on a transatlantic.

9 hours ago, MimNehoc said:

How busy does the thermal suite get? I’d hate to pay for a lot of stress worrying about whether a place like the heated loungers  be available or if the towel people reserved everything. 
it looks like a nice place to pass the time on a transatlantic.

There's a sign asking you to limit your time in the loungers (to 30 minutes IIRC) at a time if people are waiting. People are generally respectful, and since it's a paid, limited pass, they'll enforce the limit if needed.

Also, the ceramic loungers aren't something you can reserve with a towel. A towel on a ceramic lounger would clearly be there by mistake and I'd just remove it. If there are unattended personal belongings there, it's obviously time for "lost and found."

• Like 1

Recently on Koningsdam 18 day to Hawaii from San Diego and had Thermal Suite pass.  I visited every day and never had any issues.

There were some folks who were "napping" on the heated loungers, but I always found a free heated lounger.

As for the pool, often I was the only one in there, and sometimes maybe a few others.  Never crowded for sure.

Steam rooms also never crowded.  I never used the cold chill shower, not my thing.  

I booked my Thermal Pass ahead of  time and it was worth every penny!

• Like 2