Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

10 hours ago, hcat said:

Caves are off my activities these days......As I get older,  confined areas make me nervous. 

Our last waterfall and pools walk was in Dominica..  Very beautiful tropical environment, but I lacked enough energy to do the last downward hike..I waited at a bench for Sal to complete it.  There was plenty of shade but heat and humidity  def affect breathing and stamina.! 

Hope you are feeling better with your hydration routine.

Hydration I think has resolved.    I finally found that the Buffered Salt tablets Iain picked up for me work the best and I am still drinking lots of the Energy Water.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I stopped trying to do post production on my pictures.  I am at a distinct disadvantage in that I do not have normal color vision.  i am not technically color blind but I have what was diagnosed as a blue green hue deficiency where I cannot distinguish between certain shades of colors.  What you see is what you get with my pictures. 

I started playing with post production when I accidentally created this picture in Bermuda 

IMG_4770.thumb.jpeg.c6e1de38288eba51e0d62d91495e2b2c.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hydration I think has resolved.    I finally found that the Buffered Salt tablets Iain picked up for me work the best and I am still drinking lots of the Energy Water.

Very glad to hear that you are recouvering/recovered and have a path to avoid reoccurrences. 

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Picture did not come through

John... you're to quick... I usually do my writing using a PC then go back and add pictures as an edit from my iPhone.    LOL...

Patience... Rolling on the floor.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 4

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

John... your to quick... I usually do my writing using a PC then go back and add pictures as an edit from my iPhone.    LOL...

Sorry about that --- I remember that picture from when you originally posted it.  Simply beautiful.  Wish I could achieve some of the same contrast naturally but am afraid if I tune a picture for my eyes, it will spoil it for everyone else. 

Last night was the 3rd Chic Night --- With so many Chic Nights the formality is starting to be relaxed.    David and Robert did tart it up a bit. 

Robert shot this terrible picture of me hard at work.    I couldn't find the email for our car rental.   We know I had it because I showed it to Robert and he thought I sent him a copy of it but couldn't find it either.    Finally went back to the room and used my PC.   Must have gotten deleted as it was in Achieves. 

IMG_0812.thumb.jpeg.a6676b9c7a0a83855d688a4a18707671.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

Last nights menus were over the top.  Hard to make a selection so ordered the scallops for the table.  Of course he brought 2 

Chic Night -  Menu 6

IMG_1019.thumb.jpeg.a5a91f48301d8af61de55aac8cf941e5.jpeg

Caprese Amuse-bouche  10+

IMG_1305.thumb.jpeg.b1a01cd7dced627dd5c55115886bebe6.jpeg

Yellow Beet Rissoto  10+

IMG_1306.thumb.jpeg.d441cbf93d138e755b27e315681f071b.jpeg

Crispy Asparagus 

IMG_1308.thumb.jpeg.6f4d6d9c7100cdcec466f5c1e7d4b23d.jpeg

Rack of Lamb  10+

IMG_1309.thumb.jpeg.75173060631229d45891880c2b8dbdf1.jpeg

Seared Scallops 10+

IMG_1311.thumb.jpeg.bfa6435199179f059e6e16983c2a96e7.jpeg

Lobster 20+++. Incredible. Must be Australia cold water.  Tender sweet

IMG_1310.thumb.jpeg.d89e7e791442989ecd9ba4dfa41610e3.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 20

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last nights menus were over the top.  Hard to make a selection so ordered the scallops for the table.  Of course he brought 2 

While i am loving the looks of many of the entree's I have to admit that the appetizers are somewhat or a letdown.  I hope they still will make me a green salad if I ask for one. I usually find them on the MDR menu butt unless things have changed, cannot order off the MDR menu when on the E-class ships. 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

IMG_1019.thumb.jpeg.a5a91f48301d8af61de55aac8cf941e5.jpeg

IMG_1305.thumb.jpeg.b1a01cd7dced627dd5c55115886bebe6.jpeg

IMG_1306.thumb.jpeg.d441cbf93d138e755b27e315681f071b.jpeg

IMG_1308.thumb.jpeg.6f4d6d9c7100cdcec466f5c1e7d4b23d.jpeg

IMG_1309.thumb.jpeg.75173060631229d45891880c2b8dbdf1.jpeg

IMG_1311.thumb.jpeg.bfa6435199179f059e6e16983c2a96e7.jpeg

Good God, Jim those dishes look delicious...longing for scallops and lamb myself!

• Like 1

Just now, DaKahuna said:

While i am loving the looks of many of the entree's I have to admit that the appetizers are somewhat or a letdown.  I hope they still will make me a green salad if I ask for one. I usually find them on the MDR menu butt unless things have changed, cannot order off the MDR menu when on the E-class ships. 

Definitely --- anything you want -  They have a Ceasar Salad on the Always Menu and you can just request what you want.   They are also at least on Edge accepting orders from any of the ships restaurants. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Whinenowine said:

Good God, Jim those dishes look delicious...longing for scallops and lamb myself!

It was a knock out.... I had a hard time trying to figure what I wanted.   The next table said they were spying to help select and ended up ordering multiple entrees also. 

Baked Alaska of course and a Chocolate thingy with Caramelized Bananas We all chose Vanilla Ice Cream with shaved chocolate (Special Request).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry about that --- I remember that picture from when you originally posted it.  Simply beautiful.  Wish I could achieve some of the same contrast naturally but am afraid if I tune a picture for my eyes, it will spoil it for everyone else. 

This is the original 

IMG_4770.thumb.jpeg.d9e82df8f9d910910e745001174540ba.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Retraction.... Iain just said the lamb really wasn't very good.     He said it was a bit tough and undercooked.   I did remind him that Kumar told him Medium Rare is more like Rare and that  Medium would be between what traditional Rare and Medium. 

I told him he should have had the lobster and he said I didn't like all the other things with it.   Being the gentleman I am I replied.... this is Burger King you can have it your way... just tell him you want just the Lobster with some drawn butter..... Ohhhhh yea he replied you know as a good Scotsman I don't like to bend the rules.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

26 minutes ago, 39august said:

I don't see asparagus in that photo. I wonder if I could order it without the eggs? Will be eating in Luminae in 5 weeks and hope to see the new menus on EQ. 

It is only 4 pieces small about 2 inches long.  You could ask to supersize the asparagus lol

My first remake when delivered. “Where’s the Beef (asparagus)

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 4

At 8:30. 10 and 11.  to give a perspective 

They say next tender could be 1 to. 2 hours due to travel time and high winds. 

Janell just told us tender takes 20 minutes after loaded and 30 minutes shuttle to town. 

Jim or anyone, did I miss the update on the spontaneous toilet explosion? 

And, great photos with or without tweaks.  

Dinner looked great.  I know the ship gets replenished (sometimes more successfully than than others), and they have high tech refrigerators, humidity control, etc.   But, has anyone ever determined or been told if the menus are based on a general freshness to spoilage schedule?  I have not, but am curious how the menu fits with provisioning or is it luck that there is still fresh x on day whatever it is.  

A raw squash (on the menu) could last for months, some romaine lettuce or bags a week or so (thinking of warehouse club purchases where we've had romaine hearts for about a week or tad longer).

Edited by Cap_D