Stateroom credit question

travellgirl

Hi.  We are on the Apex in March.  We have a large stateroom credit.  I booked a reservation today for the Edge and I was charged.  Can I only use the credit while onboard?  I didn’t think so. Going to call Celebrity tomorrow  or ask my travel agent, but thought I may get the correct answer here.  
thanks 

6 minutes ago, travellgirl said:

Hi.  We are on the Apex in March.  We have a large stateroom credit.  I booked a reservation today for the Edge and I was charged.  Can I only use the credit while onboard?  I didn’t think so. Going to call Celebrity tomorrow  or ask my travel agent, but thought I may get the correct answer here.  
thanks 

An onboard credit can usually only  be used onboard. There are exceptions so be sure to check.

41 minutes ago, travellgirl said:

Hi.  We are on the Apex in March.  We have a large stateroom credit.  I booked a reservation today for the Edge and I was charged.  Can I only use the credit while onboard?  I didn’t think so. Going to call Celebrity tomorrow  or ask my travel agent, but thought I may get the correct answer here.  thanks 

You can use OBC before you are on board.  You can book excursions, specialty restaurants, etc.  But, you do have to designate it as such.  There is a place you choose to use the on board credit on the web site. You can probably cancel and rebook using your on board credit. 😊

41 minutes ago, Texed said:

You can use OBC before you are on board.  You can book excursions, specialty restaurants, etc.  But, you do have to designate it as such.  There is a place you choose to use the on board credit on the web site. You can probably cancel and rebook using your on board credit. 😊

Thank you.  I had thought I remembered that .  Guess I’ll try canceling and redoing it

thanks so much 

There is a spot on the checkout page where you can use OBC, but you have to manually add the amount you want to use.  Otherwise the default is to charge the entire bill to a credit card.  Normally I catch this before committing to the purchase but have missed it a few times.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 5:02 PM, travellgirl said:

thanks 

You made a new reservation right?  You must put that deposit on a credit card.  

When you log on and view the cruise in upcoming cruises and then plan my cruise, do you see the OBC at the top? If not did you just book.  Sometimes it takes 3-7 or so days before the OBC seems to attach to my cruise.  Once it is there and I go to book it will tell my I have $x and there is a box asking me how much of it I want to use toward the pre-cruise booking.  That is for OBC through Celebrity. If you are booking with an outside agent often they don't attach their promotional OBC until the day you sail and there is a little card in your cabin congratulating you on the OBC added to your account at least that is the way my TA OBC works.

Edited by tschwa2