UK citizens flying to London from Miami on last day.

eric4395

Hi ,,my wife and i have booked our 1st cruise with Regent grandeur next nov 2024 from Miami. 

Dont know the flight arrangements yet but will prob be BA my travel agent has advised.

Looking at flights back London post cruise this Nov it seems as if it leaves at approx 17 :00 an  overnight flight back to London.. Can anyone advise if the ship organisies any paid tours for a few hours visiting Miami then taking you onto airport with your luggage..

Was on a Silverseas cruise last year and on embarkation day they had a morning tour of Athens arranged for anyone who wanted it before taking them to the airport for a later flight.

Has anyone had experience of this or advice,, and if anyone can update this thread  over the next 12 months  as to any advice as to what they done in the same situation.

Thanks for any replies

Just now, eric4395 said:

Hi ,,my wife and i have booked our 1st cruise with Regent grandeur next nov 2024 from Miami. 

Dont know the flight arrangements yet but will prob be BA my travel agent has advised.

Looking at flights back London post cruise this Nov it seems as if it leaves at approx 17 :00 an  overnight flight back to London.. Can anyone advise if the ship organisies any paid tours for a few hours visiting Miami then taking you onto airport with your luggage..

Was on a Silverseas cruise last year and on embarkation day they had a morning tour of Athens arranged for anyone who wanted it before taking them to the airport for a later flight.

Has anyone had experience of this or advice,, and if anyone can update this thread  over the next 12 months  as to any advice as to what they done in the same situation.

Thanks for any replies

Sorry disembarkation day I meant to say

9 hours ago, eric4395 said:

Thanks for any replies

We have had several cruises with Regent that finish in Miami and a tour has been offered on every occasion. Free if you have included air or a charge if not. Some have had the hop on hop off tour of Miami finishing at Bayside, some have been a tour of Miami. All have included a visit to the Everglades with an air boat ride. We go again in February and expect the same. All tours end up at Miami International airport in plenty of time for the flight home to the UK.

• Like 1

We disembark in Miami on 5th February and have BA flights to LHR that evening (booked by us), but the late flight at 21.30. I have booked a day room on South Beach where we intend to spend the day sightseeing, shower and change, before getting a taxi to the airport.

daybreakhotel.com and dayuse.co.uk have many independent and chain hotels available from 9am.

I read that the excursions on disembarkation are offered to B2B customers as a priority so I didn't want to wait until we were onboard to find out we couldn't take one.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisevirgin24 said:

We disembark in Miami on 5th February and have BA flights to LHR that evening (booked by us), but the late flight at 21.30. I have booked a day room on South Beach where we intend to spend the day sightseeing, shower and change, before getting a taxi to the airport.

daybreakhotel.com and dayuse.co.uk have many independent and chain hotels available from 9am.

I read that the excursions on disembarkation are offered to B2B customers as a priority so I didn't want to wait until we were onboard to find out we couldn't take one.

Perhaps you can be kind enough to come back on after your cruise and let us know if there was an option available to take a short tour round Miami before being taken to the airport. Thanks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eric4395 said:

Perhaps you can be kind enough to come back on after your cruise and let us know if there was an option available to take a short tour round Miami before being taken to the airport. Thanks

I just got off Mariner in Miami last week.  There was a tour offered for those with flights after 4 pm.  I don’t recall cost for those that made their own flight arrangements.  We made our own flight arrangements with flight before 4.  We did use Regents offered transportation to Miami airport.  We used obc for most of cost.  It just made it easy and stress free.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am always taking a dayroom  at the Pullmann Hotel near the airport   taxi is around 40 $

10 am to 5 pm  : around 110 $

complimentary transfer to the airport by the hotel  : ( I do give a tip )

it is decent for those few hours