LIVE Thanksgiving cruise on Elation with ninjacat123 and family! Gobble, gobble!!​🦃​

ninjacat123

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

That went by too quickly! Thanks for taking us along. 😸

You’re telling me🙀at least we have our 5 day on Freedom in January 🥳 I’m going to write a quick recap when we get home this afternoon after I say hi to the kitties😻

• Like 8

17 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I almost clicked "like" because I usually do if I can relate to an experience and OH BOY CAN I RELATE TO A DISAPPOINTING MDR EXPERIENCE... then I almost clicked the "laugh" because you know how misery loves company and oh well, I just wonder how duck could be hard to cut through.

We really do need some more reaction choices here - half the time the options we have don't really make sense. 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

IMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.bf6cc249ef3392ca55fa462ddf0ac63e.jpegIMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.bf6cc249ef3392ca55fa462ddf0ac63e.jpegBye Elation 🛳️❣️IMG_4335.thumb.jpeg.bf6cc249ef3392ca55fa462ddf0ac63e.jpeg

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us! (That cake last night looked scary.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We really do need some more reaction choices here - half the time the options we have don't really make sense. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us! (That cake last night looked scary.)

Babaloo has tutti frutti in it. That’s a no😾

• Haha 1

The kitties and dog were well taken care or and actually let me pet them for 10 seconds.😉 So, thoughts on this shorty but a goodie cruise....

Elation is an older ship so not much in bells and whistles but it was easy for us get around which was helpful.

Most of the staff were friendly and worked hard. Our stateroom attendant Juddy and assistant Aris were great!!  Our waitstaff Ferdinand, Raymond and Rowin were awesome!!

I did see 8 tables with dirty dishes in Lido Buffet at 1:30pm.  One young male clearing but in a casual kind of way.  I wonder why they use trays to take dirty dishes out instead of plastic tubs, like at restaurants.  You could carry more in one trip and not risk spilling debris.

Speaking of debris, many of the passengers would leave a cup here or there, like the stairwell or by Pizza Pirate counter.  Just trashy and inconsiderate.  

Speaking of attitudes, I know short cruises like this can be boozy and party happy, but I saw a "rudeness" in the passengers.  People walking four abreast when I am coming at them with my mom on my arm and no one allows us to pass.  Very few "excuse me" or "pardon me" heard.

Freeport was fun, especially because of the beach club.  Don't have to go back.

Nassau is John Watling's and that's great.  May try to find a beach next time we are there.

All in all, we had a fun short cruise and I'm so happy we were all there together to enjoy it!! Next cruise is out of Port Canaveral (Rikki Tiki Tavern!!!) and is a five day cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk on January 15 - 20, 2024.  I'll post a link here when I start up my review for that one.

Thank you for following, commenting and all your well wishes!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Year!!  🥰😺💃🍾😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

On 11/27/2023 at 8:58 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Wait, what?? No way you're leaving already - you just got here!!

Safe travels - thoroughly enjoyed spending your vacation w/you, thanks for bringing us along.

This last cruise seemed like "speed dating" compared to the Europe extravaganza! 🤣

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Craig and I are thinking about a Europe cruise in 2025. I’m soooo excited ❣️❣️

I'm considering the same thing! Now...to get my husband on board (literally and figuratively 😃!)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Craig and I are thinking about a Europe cruise in 2025. I’m soooo excited ❣️❣️

Northern Europe this time?  St. Petersburg has been on my must-see list for years, but I haven't found the right deal yet.  When I do I'll jump on it.  Then again, I would be more than happy to repeat the Rome - Greece - Turkey - Sicily itinerary you just finished, it would be my second time.  I don't have any future cruises planned yet but I'm looking on carnival.com twice a week or so.  I have a February trip coming up soon to China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand but it's all land, air and bus so I don't think it would be appropriate to do a LIVE on cruisecritic.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Northern Europe this time?  St. Petersburg has been on my must-see list for years, but I haven't found the right deal yet.  When I do I'll jump on it.  Then again, I would be more than happy to repeat the Rome - Greece - Turkey - Sicily itinerary you just finished, it would be my second time.  I don't have any future cruises planned yet but I'm looking on carnival.com twice a week or so.  I have a February trip coming up soon to China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand but it's all land, air and bus so I don't think it would be appropriate to do a LIVE on cruisecritic.

Yes out of London to Copenhagen, Kiel (Hamburg), Warnemunde (Berlin), Tallinn, Estonia, Helsinki, Nynashamn (Stockholm), Amsterdam and back to Dover.  Craig has a cousin who lives in Copenhagen who we would love to meet for a drink.  Spending a day or two in London before and after, Craig's college roommate lives there and it would be fun to connect with him as well.  Heck, our landlady on our houseboat in Amsterdam might be available for a glass of wine! 😸

I would love to hear about your land trip to the Far East.  Craig, our two DDs and I are flying to Tokyo end of next June for my youngest DD's college graduation trip!  Three days in Tokyo, three days in Kyoto and back to Tokyo for one day.  I've got airfare, hotels and almost all of the activities planned out.  If I throw in a ferry ride could I post a LIVE about that trip?😉 I'm suggesting you do the same!  @pcvtmom start using your magic powers and get your hubby onboard👍

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

@ninjacat123 what ship is your cruise on? I'd like an itinerary like this also. 😺

Craig and I are booked on June 8, 2025 Miracle.  We were on Miracle in 2011 and loved it!  Also it's the sister ship to Pride so we will know our way around.  I believe Miracle has the same itinerary on July 20, 2025.  Sooooooo excited!!👏👏👏

• Thanks 1