ship transfers

greener

If you've booked direct with Princess, you can access transfers at the very bottom of the Travel page when logged into your account and looking at that particular booking. You should be able to see the pricing there.

If you haven't booked with Princess but with a TA, your TA has to set up your transfer.

Now, getting to your specific question, last time we used a transfer from LAX to San Pedro it was $29 per person. That was a few years ago so I'd expect an increase. Other posters on other threads have commented that if you have two or more people, Uber, Lyft and other transfer services can beat the Princess price.

I don't believe that you can get a price for a transfer until you are actually booked. Assuming you have booked directly with Princess go to your cruise personalizer (this is for a desktop/laptop/tablet...not the app) and click on the travel tab. Scroll down *below* the section dealing with flights and you will see transfers.

3 hours ago, greener said:

i am looking for a price for princess transfer from lax to cruiseship.  also from ship to lax on return.  can't find it on princess website.  any help appreciated.

We paid $34 per person one way. Purchased it 3 months ago.

Uber/Lyft/taxis and private shuttles really vary, depending on the day of the week/time of day and demand.

There is a west coast forum on cruise critic that may also be a lot of help to you.

You'll save money and hassle if you just take an Uber or Lyft from LAX to the pier. I've just missed a full bus and had to wait half an hour or so for the next one, and they stop at every terminal, so if you're at a far terminal it will take quite a while sometimes. You also have to get everyone on and off the bus, rather than hopping in a car and getting there quicker and cheaper. It's especially true of the return trip, where they'll wait to fill a bus, with luggage, which really complicates things, and they have to stop and unload at every terminal, which can take forever. If you're not used to Uber or Lyft, practice using the apps for a few trips in your city, because it will make your life much more pleasant, especially for nights out or hospital trips and for travel. Then when you get to LAX or on the return trip, just open the apps when you get off the ship and choose the cheapest option to LAX, and the driver will meet you outside the cruise terminal or the Rideshare pickup area at LAX. 

Remember LAX requires an airport shuttle from terminal to where one gets UBER or Taxi unless one books Black UBER. Lots of info on LA cruise critic site.

One can walk to the Taxi/Uber pick up point but it is cumbersome to walk with luggage. Google "LAXIT". Not sure where Princess Transfer has pick-up.

Edited by sultan_sfo

23 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

Remember LAX requires an airport shuttle from terminal to where one gets UBER or Taxi unless one books Black UBER. Lots of info on LA cruise critic site.

One can walk to the Taxi/Uber pick up point but it is cumbersome to walk with luggage. Google "LAXIT". Not sure where Princess Transfer has pick-up.

Just a couple of weeks ago we used Uber to and from LAX. It wasn't to a ship but we can tell you about the transfer to the LAXIT. Near each terminal there's a specific spot to wait for a shuttle bus to the LAXIT point which is just off the airport property. It's much like a car rental shuttle and has places for luggage as well as a low entry making it simple to get your bags on board. Once at the LAXIT point people call for Ubers and Lyfts using the apps in the usual way. What's nice is the drivers have their own waiting area so they typically arrive in a few minutes.

I've used the uber.com website to make mock bookings (hmm ... I wonder where I learned that) to get an estimate of the cost for Uber journeys. Lyft probably has similar functionality.

IIRC with a Princess transfer, there's a representative at the baggage pickup areas. They use poster boards and hand-held signs so they're easy to find. You grab your bags off the delivery carousel, make sure they're properly tagged for the ship and the rep will keep them in a designated area. They'll also let you know where to wait for your shuttle bus. It's an advantage that you're done schlepping bags but can be a while waiting for your bus.