Does Central Park Balcony have a CAS discount?

I know we get CAS discounts for Ocean balconies but was wondering about a Central Park balcony on Symphony.  Also are there different discounts for different tiers and months out to booking? And lastly if you book onboard and get that tier and then move up a tier before the cruise, do you get the better tier discount?  TIA

58 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I know we get CAS discounts for Ocean balconies but was wondering about a Central Park balcony on Symphony.  Also are there different discounts for different tiers and months out to booking? And lastly if you book onboard and get that tier and then move up a tier before the cruise, do you get the better tier discount?  TIA

Yes yes yes and yes. However if you reprice to get a better tier discount it might then drop the early booking obc. My ta said early booking obc isnt combinable with nextcruise obc.. 

Any balcony gets a balcony discount but as you saw on the previous thread last sunday, it also is discounted by 25% if you do DP340.  Need to do a group price to get the balcony discount seems to me, as the $700 off is more than the discount. Ask your ta and he will give balcony discount for all balconys. Lol I have multiple central park and a boardwalk (utopia) booked. I think I'm getting 177 balcony discount .. $250 minus 25% when DP340 applied.

I'm sure I didnt say it exactly, but my experience is yes to all. Not worth adjusting last year or so. Just a $25 discount different I think. And price is higher and lose the early booking obc. Idk. Imo they got you coming and going. Next cruise obc refundable solo DP340 $75 obc, .. or wait and my ta gives $50 obc for early booking. Gain of $25 to do refundable. $100 obc of course next cruise obc nonrefundable. 

Edited by firefly333

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yes yes yes and yes. However if you reprice to get a better tier discount it might then drop the early booking obc. My ta said early booking obc isnt combinable with nextcruise obc.. 

Any balcony gets a balcony discount but as you saw on the previous thread last sunday, it also is discounted by 25% if you do DP340.  Need to do a group price to get the balcony discount seems to me, as the $700 off is more than the discount. Ask your ta and he will give balcony discount for all balconys. Lol I have multiple central park and a boardwalk (utopia) booked. I think I'm getting 177 balcony discount .. $250 minus 25% when DP340 applied.

I'm sure I didnt say it exactly, but my experience is yes to all. Not worth adjusting last year or so. Just a $25 discount different I think. And price is higher and lose the early booking obc. Idk. Imo they got you coming and going. Next cruise obc refundable solo DP340 $75 obc, .. or wait and my ta gives $50 obc for early booking. Gain of $25 to do refundable. $100 obc of course next cruise obc nonrefundable. 

Great info -- thanks for sharing. I didn't see last Sunday's thread.  I see what you mean about repricing might be better to stay with the other discounts. Thanks for sharing. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

"Early Booking OBC"?

Can I assume this is something your TA offers, not Royal Caribbean?

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I have multiple central park and a boardwalk (utopia) booked. I think I'm getting 177 balcony discount .. $250 minus 25% when DP340 applied.

When I use DP340 my usual D+ balcony discount is $188.

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I tried to find a confirmation and none of mine say how how. Ken said $250 x .75. I'm sure you are right, but cant find it in my booking receipts. 

Got 4 upcoming cruises and everyone is @$188 ($250 X .75).  $177 calculates $250 X .708.

18 hours ago, yogimax said:

"Early Booking OBC"?

Can I assume this is something your TA offers, not Royal Caribbean?

The early booking OBC is for booking a group rate directly in the group more than 6 months in advance.  This is in addition to the group OBC.  The early booking OBC is not combinable with the balcony discount

21 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Unless you are booked with a TA in a group rate if you move up a tier and want the higher discount your booking will be repriced at the current rates.  Inside of a group the balcony discount can be modified  without repricing as long as you are before the hardstop date for the group (varies between 75 and 150 days based on length of sailing)

• Thanks 1