Desk plan from HAL website

KruisingKaren

Hi all.  I thought I had my mind made up about which cabin I want for our Alaska cruise on Zaandam in June 2024 but I see some icon right outside the cabin I'm interested in (6223).  Please take a look at the deck plan attached.  Does anyone know what that plus mark looking thing indicates?  There is nothing on the legend that matches that.  Thanks for any info you have.

Zaandam2.png

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Note the rooms marked by the symbol have a door between on the diagram...just like everywhere else the symbol is used.

Understood and thank you.  I was thrown by the wonky + symbol in the OP’s screenshot.  Went to the deck plan and it is definitely a connecting room symbol.

C9997F0E-82FC-497A-9DE1-47DAE8BF053B.jpeg

3 hours ago, KruisingKaren said:

Hi all.  I thought I had my mind made up about which cabin I want for our Alaska cruise on Zaandam in June 2024 but I see some icon right outside the cabin I'm interested in (6223)...Thanks for any info you have.

Hi Karen!

I have studied the CruiseDeckPlans photos for Zaandam 6223 vs 6213 (connecting vs not connecting rooms of the same furniture orientation). I cannot post those photos, but if you look at the second photo in this gallery:

https://halfacts.com/6209-volendam/

The connecting door in 6223 is instead of the farthest away wall poster, near the wall hooks, with just enough room for the waste basket in the corner. You do not appear to lose a closet (which isn't always the case!). So other than the possibility of noise (through two closed doors) there is no down side.