Thermal Suite 7-Day Pass

thehenningscruise

Currently booked on the Viva for February 2024. On the NCL, they have an offer for 7-day access (entire cruise) to the Thermal Suite for $339. I was wondering if there will be an ever better special once we board? Or alternatively, a different kind of pass - like a 2 or 3 day? I love the spa, but probably would not go every day.

1 minute ago, thehenningscruise said:

Currently booked on the Viva for February 2024. On the NCL, they have an offer for 7-day access (entire cruise) to the Thermal Suite for $339. I was wondering if there will be an ever better special once we board? Or alternatively, a different kind of pass - like a 2 or 3 day? I love the spa, but probably would not go every day.

No, the pass will not be cheaper once onboard and it is very possible it will sell out before you get on board. On occasion (usually a sea day), they will sell a day pass for anywhere from $59-89 for one but there is no guarantee they will have them available. I have never seen a 2 or 3 day pass.  The Thermal Spa is a very popular place. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thehenningscruise said:

Day passes are offered at the discretion of the spa and normally only on slow port days. If weekly passes sell out, they may not offer any day passes. Thermal suite passes on the newest ships cost more than older ships... and the Viva is the newest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to highjack your thread but also dont think it deserves it's own thread....

We were on NCL on the Gem in 2021 and it was $109 for a 5 night cruise.  We are sailing on the Gem again next November and I am wondering if the pricing has changed at all (this time will be a 4 night cruise)

On 11/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, thehenningscruise said:

Day passes were being offered at $79/day on our recent cruise (Breakaway). If you aren't interested in a whole week pass, you can often get Thermal Spa access as part of a salon or spa treatment. My wife did one of those and it only cost $49, although we'd bought the weekly pass anyway.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Day passes were being offered at $79/day on our recent cruise (Breakaway). If you aren't interested in a whole week pass, you can often get Thermal Spa access as part of a salon or spa treatment. My wife did one of those and it only cost $49, although we'd bought the weekly pass anyway.

Since when has NCL offered use of the day pass with treatments?

16 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Since when has NCL offered use of the day pass with treatments?

No idea when it began, but when we were on the Breakaway, they advertised it quite heavily. Any spa treatment entitled the bearer to use the Thermal Spa that day.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

No idea when it began, but when we were on the Breakaway, they advertised it quite heavily. Any spa treatment entitled the bearer to use the Thermal Spa that day.

That was always a complaint I’ve read on here, since spas on land usually include the pool/hot tub areas with treatments.

• Like 1

I am booked on Norwegian Star for Christmas and was interested in the whole cruise Spa Pass but it seems that it can only be booked if all pax in the same cabin get one too. In my case I would be the only one interested but I could not find anything on NCL's web site that confirms that to be the case. Wondering now if I could still try to book it only for myself... unfortunately reservation was done on a third country so I cannot book it via the NCL site either...

41 minutes ago, sjpo said:

I am booked on Norwegian Star for Christmas and was interested in the whole cruise Spa Pass but it seems that it can only be booked if all pax in the same cabin get one too. In my case I would be the only one interested but I could not find anything on NCL's web site that confirms that to be the case. Wondering now if I could still try to book it only for myself... unfortunately reservation was done on a third country so I cannot book it via the NCL site either...

You can purchase a pass for yourself.

54 minutes ago, sjpo said:

Thank you. I am trying now but TA tells me NCL is still insisting on all pax in the cabin having the Pass...

I'm not sure what the TA means by "insisting," but it's certainly not a requirement. Each time I've bought the passes, I have to order them separately for me and my wife. It isn't like the drinks package where if one person gets it, the other guest in the same cabin must also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjpo said:

Thank you. I am trying now but TA tells me NCL is still insisting on all pax in the cabin having the Pass...

Your TA is wrong.  NCL does not require the entire cabin to have a spa pass.  

For my cruise (Encore in Alaska), the thermal spa passes sold out before the cruise and there were none offered as day passes or as an add on with treatments.  I felt it was really expensive, but also excellent. I used it for at least an hour, up to 3 hours every day of the cruise.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skittl1321 said:

Your TA is wrong.  NCL does not require the entire cabin to have a spa pass.  

For my cruise (Encore in Alaska), the thermal spa passes sold out before the cruise and there were none offered as day passes or as an add on with treatments.  I felt it was really expensive, but also excellent. I used it for at least an hour, up to 3 hours every day of the cruise.  

Thank you. I also feel something is wrong

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm not sure what the TA means by "insisting," but it's certainly not a requirement. Each time I've bought the passes, I have to order them separately for me and my wife. It isn't like the drinks package where if one person gets it, the other guest in the same cabin must also.

Thank you. The problem may be because it is not NCL in the US but in South America and they often get things wrong

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:57 PM, DCGuy64 said:

How was it on Breakaway? We're going in a few months and have one of the spa rooms (before they were removed). We've been on the ship a number of times but this will be first time having access to this area.

16 hours ago, Juncti said:

How was it on Breakaway? We're going in a few months and have one of the spa rooms (before they were removed). We've been on the ship a number of times but this will be first time having access to this area.

It was very nice, there seemed to be a lot of space. They closed the spa for several days towards the end of our cruise, for maintenance reasons. I suspect that means it'll be even better now than when we were there. They have 2 saunas: one is cooler but has more humidity, the next one is drier but hotter. They also have a salt room which is kept around 75 degrees Fahrenheit, which I enjoyed after sitting in the hot sauna. We spent time in the Thermal Spa every day.